Destination Disney World 2010: Preparing for Launch!

magicmom2007

Earning My Ears
We've been waiting, and I've been planning, this return to Disney World for three years. Now we are four days away from our arrival, and I'm trying to get everything (and everybody) together!

First, I'll introduce my wonderful family!

Me! I'm a stay-at-home mom who also home schools. I love planning vacations! I like to read, watch movies, and watch the Colts win football games!

DH is a graphic designer and wonderful artist. He loves nature and photography. It's quite common for me to turn around and ask him what he's taking a picture of when we're at Disney, waiting in line to see a character or get on a ride, and for him to answer, "There's a woodpecker in this tree."

DD12 is excited that she'll turn 13 this year! She is very good at writing and at math. She has a beautiful singing voice, loves to play piano, write stories, sing, draw, origami, and listening to music, and playing games on the computer. Her favorite Disney princess has always been Jasmine.

DD9 will become DD10 during our trip to Disney! She is very creative and has a wonderful imagination! She is the only one in the family with curly hair, and she is very much into fashion. She also loves to cook. She believed she was a fairy when she was younger because she "has pointy ears". Her favorite princess is Belle, but she's particularly fond of the fairies, with Fawn being her favorite. She loves to sing with her older sister. (I may be biased, but I think they sound beautiful together!)

DS7 is all boy. His favorite movie is now Avatar. He has a Star Wars bedroom, and his toys are all Transformers and Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. He's also know as the prayer warrior in his church group, so it's all good! He loves animals, playing DS and Wii, and is the only one of the kids really looking forward to riding the roller coasters! His favorite Disney character is Goofy.

We are staying at Ft. Wilderness, in one of the cabins, for the first time on this trip. We are really excited about this. We love tent camping, but that just wasn't what we wanted to do for a trip to Disney World. The cabin is a nice alternative, cheaper than the Polynesian castle view we did last time, and the girls are, of all things, excited to sleep in a Murphy bed!

Now for where I am in my trip planning! I am making everybody wear their "not so good" clothes for the rest of the week because all of their "good" stuff is packed into suitcases and ready to go! We are driving, and our Suburban can carry a big load, so I'm not really worried about how much we are taking.

We are die-hard Colts fans, and we are taking along all of our usual Colts gear, jerseys, and some patio lights that are shaped light Colts helmets with the logo on them. We also have a case of bottled water, a case of Coke Zero, and some small root beer cans and boxes of juice to stock our full-sized fridge when we arrive. I'm bringing some snacks for the cabin, especially since we won't hit the parks until after the Colts game is over on our arrival day!

We've gotten the oil changed in the truck, I've cleaned out its interior and put fleece Disney-themed travel blankets in there for the kids and myself. Grandma is making them some fleece Disney travel-sized pillows as a surprise, too. The DS units and iPods are all charged up and ready.

I've painted the girls' toenails red with black Mickey heads on their big toes then added glitter. They look really cute! The ADRs are all made. I have my daily note cards ready with reservation numbers, times, park hours, etc. ready to go.

Today I need to gather up any and all shoes we need to take with us. I also need to decide whether to dust and vacuum before the trip or not to bother until we get back!

Wow! I really should have started a pre-trip report a long time ago!

Thanks for "listening"!
More later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!