Destinations Discovered. Still include Illuminations viewing?

Cramden

DIS Veteran
I just realized I'll be at Disney for the last showing of Illuminations in September. I was already planning on doing the Destinations Discovered Tour on Sept 30th and was wondering if the Tour still included an invite to a viewing area near the Italy Pavilion during illuminations. I also have reservations for dinner that night at La Hacienda de San Angel for 7:30pm but will cancel that if the Tour still includes the Viewing.

Thanks!

Well they have just changed the tour to no longer include lunch, but it did say there's a "special festival experience" or something strange like that since we aren't doing it during a festival....so I assume that actually means illuminations is still included and the only change is dropping rose and crown.

I just took this tour on April 8 and yes, it did include an invite to the VIP viewing area...however I did not take advantage of this offer (did not know about it before the tour) due to rain and after walking for 5 hours around the world, I did not want to do the walk again...

I just took this tour on April 8 and yes, it did include an invite to the VIP viewing area...however I did not take advantage of this offer (did not know about it before the tour) due to rain and after walking for 5 hours around the world, I did not want to do the walk again...

You’re the first reviewer post-changes! Do you mind telling what the snack provided was — in lieu of the lunch. And, approximately when the tour finished. I’ll have to probably book a lunch for my DDs after the long tour anyways. ;)

You get a light snack around 10:45 am. It was a snack bowl of grapes, cheese, strawberries and a bottle of water. Your snack break is at the restaurant in the American Pavillion. I just looked at the times on my photos I took, and it looks like our tour ended in Canada around 12:45 pm however we were a little delayed in starting our tour because there were some issues with a few guests reservations because they had booked before the price change so instead of just crediting the difference back to their credit card, they actually cancelled the people's reservations...luckily they all had their confirmations so the CM could see what happened so they were charged the correct price and added to our tour so we actually had 5 extra people but it still worked great. Another cool addition to the tour is a visit to the Festival kitchens in the backstage area...and we got a cookie there as well. I hope you love the tour as much as I did...but a warning...remember to reapply sunscreen if it is sunny...I was so into the tour that I forgot and was VERY sunburned!!!!

You get a light snack around 10:45 am. It was a snack bowl of grapes, cheese, strawberries and a bottle of water. Your snack break is at the restaurant in the American Pavillion. I just looked at the times on my photos I took, and it looks like our tour ended in Canada around 12:45 pm however we were a little delayed in starting our tour because there were some issues with a few guests reservations because they had booked before the price change so instead of just crediting the difference back to their credit card, they actually cancelled the people's reservations...luckily they all had their confirmations so the CM could see what happened so they were charged the correct price and added to our tour so we actually had 5 extra people but it still worked great. Another cool addition to the tour is a visit to the Festival kitchens in the backstage area...and we got a cookie there as well. I hope you love the tour as much as I did...but a warning...remember to reapply sunscreen if it is sunny...I was so into the tour that I forgot and was VERY sunburned!!!!

Thanks you so much for the reply. Actually, I was just going to come back and post the warning you mentioned. I just received my credit card statement - to see the credit adjustment for the tour and saw that they credited me the adjustment one day, and the next day credited the remaining amount too — YES THEY CANCELLED OUR BOOKING! I had to call in & they confirmed my booking had been deleted and I had to rebook a new tour. Luckily, there was still room.

Looks like this will be an ongoing problem. Everyone who had been booked prior to changes, should reconfirm!

I’d be worried, since it doesn’t specify that it’s reserved viewing for Illuminations, it won’t be offered at the last show. The chances that there won’t be a dessert buffet or fp reserved viewing is pretty good, IMO. If it specified Illuminations, I’d already have it booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter