Details announced on Universal's Endless Summer Resort

embracejg

Mouseketeer
This would be the value resort opening in phases beginning in 2019 on the former Wet & Wild site.

https://blog.universalorlando.com/w...er-resort/?__source=av.FBPAGE&linkId=50092936

What most caught my eye: the price! "Both hotels will offer rates as low as $73 per night and introduce Universal Orlando’s all-new Value hotel category."

That's real value that Disney does not provide with its shabby All-Stars, IMHO.

Just saw the announcement, and I must say, WOW. The concept art looks incredible - those rooms don't scream "value resort" to me! The price points seem fantastic, let's wait and see what an average price is. But from the looks of it, this blows Disney's value resorts out of the water in terms of pricing and room types.

Looks really nice. But am I the only one itching for another deluxe resort? I'd like to see a fourth resort to offer EP, mostly for selfish reasons so I have another resort to try out :woohoo:

I'd guess another resort offering EPs might not happen until/unless they open another park (to help spread out the number of EPs within a specific park.)

Makes sense, but they could offset that by reducing the number of daily EPs available for purchase. It would give non-deluxe resort guests a sense of urgency when considering whether to buy EPs or it may even push more people to stay onsite.

With that design and those prices, I could see an Orlando summer stay even without parks. $73 a night???

Does any safe and clean hotel in the Orlando area offer those rates??

Wonder if they will have a pool?

Could be a promo rate, but I will book as soon as I can for those rates.

$73 a night would be based on a 7-night stay during slower periods of the year.

As for safe and clean hotels in Orlando offering those kinds of rates--absolutely they do, if you know where to look, but it's unheard of for an on-site resort at Disney or Universal.

The resort will have a pool.

To be fair, this early rate may be to make up for half the resort being under construction. That's a still lot cheaper than staying at the very active construction zone Disney used to call Caribbean Beach.

I’ve taken the plunge and booked a 2 bed suite for August 2019. I can’t tell you how much it costs as it’s part of a Flight and hotel package from Manchester, England. What I can say is that the regular room package was the cheapest of all hotels in Orlando, including the Rosen Inn! I know the package isn’t the most cost effective of getting to Orlando - but it’s less hassle and getting this hotel made it worthwhile.

Those suites won't be $73/night. That price will be for the standard rooms. You can't even get Cabana Bay Family suites for much under $150/night these days.

I think the suites look nice but I don't like how the vanity is out in the open like that. Kinda strange. Reminds me of the rooms at Great Wolf Lodge with the sink just right there facing the beds, away from the rest of the bathroom.

Those suites won't be $73/night. That price will be for the standard rooms. You can't even get Cabana Bay Family suites for much under $150/night these days.

I think the suites look nice but I don't like how the vanity is out in the open like that. Kinda strange. Reminds me of the rooms at Great Wolf Lodge with the sink just right there facing the beds, away from the rest of the bathroom.
The suites in the new hotels are to start at $111/night. It’s suppose to be a new category below the one that cabana bay and aventura are in.

I wonder how that is possible? Those suites are way bigger than CB family suites.
These are on the old wet n wild property. You have to take a shuttle. And they aren’t going to have all the benefits that cabana bay has, but will have early entry.

These are on the old wet n wild property. You have to take a shuttle. And they aren’t going to have all the benefits that cabana bay has, but will have early entry.

What other benefits does CB have other than early entry? They don't get Express Pass. You also have to take a shuttle from CB...

I guess you can walk to VB from CB, but that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter