Details announced on Universal's Endless Summer Resort

What other benefits does CB have other than early entry? They don't get Express Pass. You also have to take a shuttle from CB...

I guess you can walk to VB from CB, but that's it.

Hi I think the benefits that will be different are the amenities at the resort. There are two pools and a lazy river, there is a bowling alley, a fitness center and a really good food court. I don't think they will put all that into this resort for the price. I am sure it will have a beautiful pool area but probably not a lot of bells and whistles.

With that I think it looks really nice. I will stay here with my family. I am always looking for suites now with the teens bigger.

Nice addition and can't wait to see what is next!

Does anyone see the parks getting more crowded because of this? Universal is putting up a ton of hotels but the park sizes remain the same. Or will these hotels be filled mostly with people who would have been coming anyway, the just would've stayed off site?

It would be too bad if Universal ended up like Disney as far as shoulder to shoulder crowds and impossible ride wait times go.

Does anyone see the parks getting more crowded because of this? Universal is putting up a ton of hotels but the park sizes remain the same. Or will these hotels be filled mostly with people who would have been coming anyway, the just would've stayed off site?

It would be too bad if Universal ended up like Disney as far as shoulder to shoulder crowds and impossible ride wait times go.

Hi I think it will increase the number of guests in the parks and could feel like Disney got to a point. I really do not want it to get like that. I was thinking about that actually until I was reading this week about the "rumor" of a 4th park coming in a couple of years. I believe these rumors are true and I think once they add their 4th park it will help. However, if they continue to do more resorts after these two even with one additional park the crowds will be heavier.

I think you will see some off-site guests filling these resorts. It also possible that people will use them for other attractions in Orlando since they won't be so close to the property. These resort prices are lower or right on par with the off-site hotels.

I visit the Disney forums frequently and I have noticed Universal getting more love there now. It seems like more people are coming over to Universal. I could see some crowding in the future.

4th Park has been in the plans for many years.

It will come and will still bring many more people.

I remember Universal in September 2007.......there was hardly anyone there.......

Potter changed that of course. But I do miss the quieter days......parks were still fun before Potter.

But, yes, more people will fill the parks and they will build more hotels to cover this. The value hotels they are building at the top of I Drive look rather nice........so they will attract folks who would have stayed at Disney’s hotels and off site hotels.

Universal Orlando Resort is thriving. And when the future announcements are finally made.......it’ll thrive even more, of that I’m sure.........

It’s such a shame hat I love the Lowes resorts that Universal has but I’m really not a fan of the Universal parks. Even Disney good neighbour hotels will hit Disney prices before long.

I’m more than happy staying at Universal hotels but it’s a slight shame that it’s what I have to do to have a nice quality vacation on a budget

Previous commenters have it right. This will likely attract people who have been staying off-site and the space will be needed once Universal has another park open. For your scenario to be true, you'd also have to assume every guest at this new resort wouldn't be spending a few days at Disney or other attractions too.

More on-site resort capacity doesn't have to translate into nightmarish crowds at Universal parks. For the people who miss the pre-Potter crowds, well, the parks very well may not have survived if they had stayed so empty. You can't have a thriving, expanding theme park business with few people coming through the gates.

For the people who miss the pre-Potter crowds, well, the parks very well may not have survived if they had stayed so empty. You can't have a thriving, expanding theme park business with few people coming through the gates.

As one who made such a statement of course that’s a given!

I still miss the lack of crowds on occasions though, but fully understand and agree that the parks have been enhanced massively in recent years..........resulting in crowds that continue to enable constant upgrades and improvements.

Hi I think the benefits that will be different are the amenities at the resort. There are two pools and a lazy river, there is a bowling alley, a fitness center and a really good food court. I don't think they will put all that into this resort for the price. I am sure it will have a beautiful pool area but probably not a lot of bells and whistles.

With that I think it looks really nice. I will stay here with my family. I am always looking for suites now with the teens bigger.

Nice addition and can't wait to see what is next!

I hope that they add a nice pool. It would help continue the pool hopping that UO allows. With a nice pool it helps spread out the capacity and even though it’s a little more of a hike gives other guests the chance to try it in exchange for those guests going to other pools.

I hope that they add a nice pool. It would help continue the pool hopping that UO allows. With a nice pool it helps spread out the capacity and even though it’s a little more of a hike gives other guests the chance to try it in exchange for those guests going to other pools.

I would think they need two pools once all of the resort's rooms are available. I don't know the exact numbers, but I believe it's going to be more than 2,000 rooms when both Surfside and Dockside are finished, which is similar in size to CBBR, which has two pools. Even if one is clearly the B-level pool, like is this the case at Disney resorts, they'll need it just for capacity.

I would assume pool hopping will still be allowed. Considering the separation between this resort and the rest of Universal, however, I'm guessing few guests would take advantage.

I think the other thing contributing to the low pricing as well is that these hotels won't be as elaborately themed (or futuristic like Aventura) as the other Universal hotels are. These look like squeaky clean modern Holiday Inn. Since these will be brand spanking new at great low rates, I'll take it.

They also might make the suites and rooms a bit smaller than the ones currently at Cabana Bay. If I'm to take a guess, I'm calling 280-290 sq ft for the standard rooms (still will be much bigger than the WDW value standard rooms). Can't make a guestimate on the suites. They might be slightly smaller or stay the same size.

Now I wonder how many people will pay to stay here and Uber over to Disney

I dunno what the status is (or if it was just a pipe dream) but at one point Universal was going to do their own competitive version of the Minnie Vans that would not only give you rides to and from the park, but would also provide transportation to the airport and to other non-Universal theme parks (including Disney World).

If this is still in the works, Disney hotels would be in serious trouble. :scared:

I think the other thing contributing to the low pricing as well is that these hotels won't be as elaborately themed (or futuristic like Aventura) as the other Universal hotels are. These look like squeaky clean modern Holiday Inn. Since these will be brand spanking new at great low rates, I'll take it.

They also might make the suites and rooms a bit smaller than the ones currently at Cabana Bay. If I'm to take a guess, I'm calling 280-290 sq ft for the standard rooms (still will be much bigger than the WDW value standard rooms). Can't make a guestimate on the suites. They might be slightly smaller or stay the same size.

I dunno what the status is (or if it was just a pipe dream) but at one point Universal was going to do their own competitive version of the Minnie Vans that would not only give you rides to and from the park, but would also provide transportation to the airport and to other non-Universal theme parks (including Disney World).

If this is still in the works, Disney hotels would be in serious trouble. :scared:

With Uber and Lyft, I don’t know how much they really NEED to provide their own service to make any meaningful difference. I know some people prefer the branded service, but I don’t know if it’ll mean as much at Universal, where people are already used to taking their own transportation from the airport as opposed to the Magic Express.

I don't see what the point of that would be. Minnie Vans are a more expensive alternative to Uber, Lyft and Disney's own bus service which appeal to well-off guests in large families or those with disabilities. I can see some need there, though not for its astronomical fees for airport transfer.

For Universal having something to transfer you to and from Disney and/or the airport....why wouldn't you just use regular Uber and Lyft? It'd have to be less expensive.

Star Shuttle has been around for ages.
Many have used that to travel from MCO to UO hotels and offsite hotels in the UO area.

So that is another option for to the airport to the Darkside.

Can not see UO setting up transportation system to disney to UO.

Hi I think it will increase the number of guests in the parks and could feel like Disney got to a point. I really do not want it to get like that. I was thinking about that actually until I was reading this week about the "rumor" of a 4th park coming in a couple of years. I believe these rumors are true and I think once they add their 4th park it will help. However, if they continue to do more resorts after these two even with one additional park the crowds will be heavier.

I think you will see some off-site guests filling these resorts. It also possible that people will use them for other attractions in Orlando since they won't be so close to the property. These resort prices are lower or right on par with the off-site hotels.

I visit the Disney forums frequently and I have noticed Universal getting more love there now. It seems like more people are coming over to Universal. I could see some crowding in the future.

I think you'll definitely have offsite guests staying here. Right now the low introductory price is for 7 nights. I'm pretty sure I'd run out of things to do at Universal in 7 days. We went last fall, and after 3 1/2 days, I felt like we'd done everything we wanted to - multiple times. Don't get me wrong, I loved the trip, and would like to go back, but if I'm in a room there for a week, I would definitely be looking for off site attractions.

I think because Disney is so expensive, people don't tend to stay in the hotels while going elsewhere, but Universal might be onto something here when they draw people in to spend money in their hotels, even when not spending money in their parks. I can also picture people coming to Orlando for something other than theme parks, getting rooms there because of the price, and then deciding to do a couple of days in the park because they're already there.

Also, people staying at the Universal resorts get into City Walk for free. Now it's not really my jam, but I bet there are people who would be happy to go spend money at City Walk just because they're staying at a Universal hotel, even if they're not spending time in the parks.

There is no charge to be in city walk
It is open to all, no fees involved

A few clubs have a cover charge at 9 or 10 pm due to live entertainment
Anyone can purchase the city walk pass which would wave the cover charge at O’Brien, Marley and Rising Star

also, some tickets already include the citywalk party pass
for example the explorer ticket (14 days unlimited access) does include the citywalk venues that have a cover charge (for full duration of ticket)
not sure if US resident can get it though. But for EU/rest of the world visitors, it's worth noting.

I thought they were talking about parking - witch starts at $20 during the day!

(whereas, if you're staying at one of their hotels, you can walk, boat, or bus over there with no extra charge.)

Yes, I meant both parking and cover charges. Unlike at Disney, I found Universal's transportation to be extremely effective. And if I weren't a solo adult with two elementary-aged children, I would have loved to go experience some of the nightlife last visit.

I can easily picture people on adults-only vacations hopping a bus over to city walk, having a great evening with live music (cover charge waived for resort guests), and not worrying about their drinking because Universal busses provide the designated drivers.

Obviously, there are going to be budget-minded families who stay at the new hotel, but I also see it as Universal distinguishing its offerings from Disney in terms of appealing to adults. I realize Disney has Disney Springs, but Disney transportation is cumbersome, and I don't think many people stay onsite at Disney if they're not planning to go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter