• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Details on Mickey's Not So Scary Surprise Party Trip

Cam Fam luvs Dsny

Mouseketeer
Hi:
We got back over the weekened from our surprise trip to the MNSSHP. It was really fun. The kids didn't know that we were taking the trip, so we got them up thinking that they were heading to daycare. However, we told them that something was wrong with the other car so we had to drive Daddy to work first. (Thankfully at 4:30 a.m. - with the clock covered in the car they were too sleepy to realize the sitter is closer than Daddy's work so they could have gone there first!) Anyways we drove to airport parking, got out and said lets say goodbye to Daddy (He works at the airport). We then opened the trunk and they saw the suitcases - we didn't tell them where they were going just that we were taking a trip! We booked a connecting flight from Toronto - Cleveland - Orlando, so they were still none the wiser upon landing in Cleveland. Our 7 year old guessed in Cleveland as we boarded the flight to Orlando (he read the board at the boarding gate), but our 4 year old was none the wiser until we landed and were welcomed to Orlando by the flight attendant. We still didn't say that Disney was our actual destination - but they were guessing. We drove onto the Disney property and towards our hotel. As we passed by the monorails they said let's stay at the Contemporary - that's where we had reservations, so we played along saying we would try.
We checked in and got a lagoon view room - we could see the Electric Water Pagent from our room.
The next morning we showed them their Halloween costumes and they guessed that we were going to attend the MNSSHP. We had read reports about it in ALL EARS and seen pictures.
The party was fun! The park was all decked out. Life sized lumineires, suspended pumpkins and ghosts and a neat twist to the fireworks!!! (shh, I don't want to reveal it in case you go someday!!).

We were a little disappointed in the crowds. We had read that most rides were walk on. We found waits of up to 25 minutes. We wondered that despite the fact "a limited number of tickets are sold" has that number increased to attempt to bump revenues based on the past years decline in business?

We all trick or treated throughout the park - lots and lots of mini chocolate bars and other goodies. We had a free family picture taken on a Halloween back drop - it will be mailed. There was face painting, kids games like ring toss and all the rides were open. The Boo to You parade ran twice in the evening and the headless horseman opened it. Boy was he a site - galloping down the road with sparks flying off his hooves!!

If you get a chance to go, do it. We enjoyed the experience and now want to add the Very Merry Christmas Party to our wish list.

The Camerons

Wow! That sounds wonderful! What a great treat for your little tricksters!

Thanks for sharing-it sound like you all had a great suprise trip!! MNSSHP sounds like a lot of fun-particularily the parade! I am glad to hear that your suprise turned out for the kids! We are doing the same thing in a couple of weeks for our son who is 10-can't wait!!

Did you do any other parks while there??

Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

Hi Grover:
Unfortunatly on this trip we had 3 days and 2 nights. One day on each end was travel and one very very full day at Disney. I guess I shouldn't complain - some Disney is better than no Disney!!

I hope your surprise goes well - draw it out as much as possible - it makes it even more fun!!

Enjoy your trip.

NIce surpirse for your kids. Have you been able to take the smiles off their faces once they found out where they were going

Um... Can you adopt me? I want someone to surprise me with a trip to Disney:)

What a great surprise for your kids, Cam Fam luvs Dsny!! :)

We did MNSSHP a couple of years ago with friends of ours and their two kids. Everyone had a HOOT! ;) :)

What a nice Mom and Dad you're kids have!;) And what a fantastic time you all had....welcome home:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter