detergent tablets tip

K

Kate-n-sam

Please test your tablets before your trip if you have never used them before. I did a test load with Wisk tablets and DH developed a terrible rash. It would be terrible to have a day of your vacation ruined because someone has an allergy to a new detergent. I'm not trying to give Wisk a bad name, I'm sure this could happen with any detergent. The tablets worked great, DH is just sensitive to that brand. The rest of the family had no problem.

OUCH! I would have never thought about that. I use only Cheer detergent. Unfortunately, the don't make the tablets yet. On vacation, I usually take 3 or 4 small zip-lock bags with one scoop of detergent in each. I put all the little bags down into one big bag...just in case one of them bursts.

I'm a happy Tide user. Although more expensive than the others, I'm sticking to Tide tablets!

Thanks for the tip....

Great tip! I can't use Tide because my kids have a reaction to it so when I bought the Wisk tabs I tried them out first before we went on vacation.

These tablets were life savers on the trip in Feb. I was able to easily pack a few in my suitcase and didn't have to worry about lugging around detergent. If you're able to use the tablets and it doesn't effect you family I HIGHLY suggest using them.

-RochTigger

I tried a couple of my Tide table packets before our trip..they cleaned just as well as regular Tide and worked so well on our trip. I suggest everyone buy the tablets of the type of detergent you generally use, or try them out before you leave home as this lady did..smart move, no one wants detergent reaction on their trip...

Wow!! Thanks for this tip! I would never have thought to do this. Though I use Tide as a rule, the tablets may indeed cause a reaction. I will certainly give them a trial run at home Weeks before the real thing.
Gerri

Does anyone else have problems with these tablets dissolving. I used the Tide ones a few times and found that sometimes they didn't completely dissolve, leaving grainy residue on my clothes. An extra rinse took care of the problem.

Again...thank heavens for these boards!!! I never gave it a thought!!! I will do a "trial run" with my tablets this week! Thanks so much for the advice!

It is a good idea to pulverize the tablet and add the resulting powder to the wash little by little as the machine agitates, if possible.

It is possible for some fabrics to become discolored or faded if the tablet is caught in a fold and stays there while it slowly dissolves.

Other Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I have the littel boxes of cheer detergent. I wish I had known sherry I would have sent you a few of them! I bought a whole case at the flea market

I like the baggie idea. Never occurred to me to use what I have instead of buying more stuff! Oops, can't let my dh hear me write that one..........:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter