device for hearing-impaired...

Diamond_Girls

DIS Veteran
I was reading about a device that WDW offers for rent/loan each day at the parks. It is a wireless, handheld receiver to display text in locations where fixed captioning systems are impractical. Has anyone ever used this device?

We have 2 hearing-impaired in our party and are wondering how to handle park-hopping. It appears that you have to turn in the device at each park when you leave and we are hoping that is not the case.

Also, since we need two, it is a $200 deposit. Does anyone know whether we can use our credit card for this as it is returned when the device is turned in...

thanks for your help!

Diamond_Girls said:
I was reading about a device that WDW offers for rent/loan each day at the parks. It is a wireless, handheld receiver to display text in locations where fixed captioning systems are impractical. Has anyone ever used this device?

We have 2 hearing-impaired in our party and are wondering how to handle park-hopping. It appears that you have to turn in the device at each park when you leave and we are hoping that is not the case.

Also, since we need two, it is a $200 deposit. Does anyone know whether we can use our credit card for this as it is returned when the device is turned in...

thanks for your help!

Yes I have used the device and it is great. You will have to turn it in at each park and get a new one at the next as they are programmed for the park you are in. And yes you can use a credit card for the deposit and it is charged back when you return it.
Also if your friends are hard of hearing they have assisted listening devices that can be rented for a $25 deposit. I used one for the first time at MVMCP and it was great.
Please let me know if you need more information about access for deaf and hard of hearing as I am a regular at the parks and I'm hard of hearing.
Also I have the address of a person you can email about access if you need it. Just send me a PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter