DHS morning timing question

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We are eating at H&V at 8:05am, plan is to go straight to TSMM, then Star Tours and over to Launch Bay to meet Chewie. We are saving our FP+ for when we hop to MK. Approximately how long can that be expected to take? I would skip it entirely but my son loves TSMM and Chewbacca.

Thanks. :)

We had an 8:05 ADR at H&V in November. We were done eating and seeing all characters by 8:50 and over near TSMM by 8:58 (according to the time stamp on my photos). We had a FP for 9:15 so we opted to do the Woody and Buzz meet first. We were done by 9:11 (time stamp on photos). After we used our TSMM FP, we did a bathroom break, then met Mickey at 9:45. I’m pretty sure DH and DS did Star Tours next so that would’ve been around 10:00. DH and DS also spent some time in the store after Star Tours. We had FP for ToT and then I have photos of DS meeting Chewbacca at 11:20. We left HS at that point and returned to our resort. It seems like we hit most of what you are interested in doing, so if you have a similar crowd level day (I’d say ours was about a 6?), you could easily be done before 11:00 or earlier.

Thanks, that's helpful! It's President's week and some race that weekend, it's looking like it will be crowded. :scared: We have no FP for DHS so debating going directly to TSMM, stopping first for Buzz and Woody then TSMM, or skipping Buzz and Woody entirely and heading to Star Tours right after TSMM. :confused::faint:

Thanks, that's helpful! It's President's week and some race that weekend, it's looking like it will be crowded. :scared: We have no FP for DHS so debating going directly to TSMM, stopping first for Buzz and Woody then TSMM, or skipping Buzz and Woody entirely and heading to Star Tours right after TSMM. :confused::faint:

According to another blog, the third track for TSMM is now closed until they open up TSL which will make waits longer. I would definitely go straight over to TSMM and ride that first and then hit the characters if they are a must do.

According to another blog, the third track for TSMM is now closed until they open up TSL which will make waits longer. I would definitely go straight over to TSMM and ride that first and then hit the characters if they are a must do.

Ugh, why would they do that?!? Thanks for the info!

Yes I’d also say go straight to TSMM after you’re done at H&V. As mentioned, the third track being closed may be a factor for you that we didn’t encounter. Standby wait time was posted at 20min when we walked by at 9:00 on our day with all three tracks theoretically open; however, I didn’t see them using the third track when we used our FP (they weren’t sending anyone down that way from the queue).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!