DHS rope drop question

anne60

DIS Veteran
Hi, when we were at rope drop back in December, I noticed some people walking to the left (the pathway that leads to Hollywood and Vine), behind the store that is on the corner, and lining up there. It looked like they were "released" before the main crowd. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Those people were probably heading to Jedi Training sign ups.
yep, Jedi Training sign up. You get your child 4-12 signed up for a session of Jedi training, if you're early enough you can pick the time that works best for you. Later in the day it's harder as the CM are just trying to fill each show. And on a busy day all the spots might be gone but you can sign up for s standby position in case another child doesn't show up

We were there about 2 weeks ago and there were a lot of people lined up to the left of the stage area with CM’s holding them there. That side did not start filling up till a bit later. I’m not sure if this is what or where you mean. We were among the first row of rope droppers in the main front area. The CM answered a question from someone asking about the people to the left and his response was that we would be walked over a bit earlier than other side since we had made the effort to get there so early. This did not happen and the other group of CM’s/people were walking at a faster pace than our CMs and even though we were there much earlier than the people who waited to the left of stage, we were almost trampled esp when the CMs bring you through the arches.

I was there last week, they were purposefully lining up people to the left of the buildings (but farther into the park than H&V). They rope dropped both sidewalks at the same time and all were headed to TSL.

They are “trialing” holding people further up (closer to the stage). Last Sunday we were in the front row of the rope drop crowd and were held where the FP Kiosks are.

That rope drop is a hot mess. I knew it, but the 4yo was up early so we gave it a whirl. I had someone kick my stroller because she darted in front of me unexpectedly (she was running). We were on and off Slinky in 10 minutes regardless, so that was nice. It was my 4yo favorite ride. I don’t think I’d do it again, especially not with a stroller. Hot mess. Lol.

We were there about 2 weeks ago and there were a lot of people lined up to the left of the stage area with CM’s holding them there. That side did not start filling up till a bit later. I’m not sure if this is what or where you mean. We were among the first row of rope droppers in the main front area. The CM answered a question from someone asking about the people to the left and his response was that we would be walked over a bit earlier than other side since we had made the effort to get there so early. This did not happen and the other group of CM’s/people were walking at a faster pace than our CMs and even though we were there much earlier than the people who waited to the left of stage, we were almost trampled esp when the CMs bring you through the arches.
This was our experience as well. In the future; if we are not inthe first few rows of the original rope we will move to the left side to be in the front. Knowing Disney as I do; I was 90% sure that it wouldn't matter which rope you were at and that they would end up walking them at the same time and that was our experience. - Drives me nuts, but to Disney it makes no difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter