DH's SUCCESSFUL hip replacement and going to WDW

Heluvsme

DIS Veteran
We have been very faithful visitors to WDW for 27 years, going at least once a year, sometimes more than that. My sweet hubby, who was born with a degenerative bone disease in his hip (Legg Calve Perthes) has always been a trooper, also LOVES Disney, and has endured some very painful trips. He did all attractions with us, sat down when he needed to rest, and used Ibuprofen for nearly the entire trips.

Well, he now is the proud owner of a fancy new hip and he feels AWESOME!!! We just started making our plans for his first trip post-surgery, and I can't be happier for him, and the rest of us!! We will be there 5 months post-op. He will be able to walk the parks with no pain! His muscles may get tired, and we will definitely rest and use his body and pain as a guide, but this trip feels like a celebration!!! We are both turning 50 just 2 weeks after this trip and we plan on enjoying every minute we have!!!

Dawn

So happy and glad for you.

Your hubby will see Disney in a different, better light now.

I had both knees replaced 5 years ago so I definitely understand your excitement. After walking the parks for many years I found the only way I could manage was using a scooter. I was about a year post op before I tried walking the parks again and found that as long as I was sure to rest my muscles and pace myself my new knees could do the job just fine.

Have a wonderful trip! You really do have something very special to celebrate and the perfect place to do it! :D

Remember to Bring Walking Stick ( Cane ) with you for " A little rest " ?

If going by plane you Will Bleep going through scanner ...... just point to hip ...... & GO with The Flow

NO BIG DEAL ...... just a pat down by a scanner ..... and on your way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!