DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Sorry if this has been asked before but I’m not seeing dates past March 2019. Do we think they will continue it?

Currently no dates have been made available past March, but unless I'm just way off on my assessment of the popularity or it poses some operational strain to Disney not readily evident (probably not likely), my vote is that it's nearly certain it will continue. So we're in a holding pattern at the moment to see if/when dates get released. MK EMM has been like that over time as well... lumpy additions of new dates to book.

Currently no dates have been made available past March, but unless I'm just way off on my assessment of the popularity or it poses some operational strain to Disney not readily evident (probably not likely), my vote is that it's nearly certain it will continue. So we're in a holding pattern at the moment to see if/when dates get released. MK EMM has been like that over time as well... lumpy additions of new dates to book.
Thank you! I hope you’re right! Our next trip isn’t until June.

I’m guessing yes.. if they make money I’m guessing it will continue
I’m hoping it does I’m kinda banking on it for my Easter trip

QUOTE="MeeskaMooska13, post: 60023115, member: 468801"]Sorry if this has been asked before but I’m not seeing dates past March 2019. Do we think they will continue it?[/QUOTE]

GADISDAD,
Is there a threat for this?

Have to say some of the reports from this week have had a bit of a different tone. Solid ride counts and not many reports of 'material' SDD waits. I wonder how much the recent Friday date additions have help to spread around demand a bit. For example, I just searched and Monday & Friday aren't sold out (Wednesday is).

Or maybe just a good week at WDW overall. Reports from the last two MK Disney After Hours and the new AK Disney After Hours event from the past week or so have indicated some pretty light crowds.

Also, tonight starts what is probably DHS EMM's biggest competition... DHS Disney After Hours. I'm curious to see how that one goes.

Thank you again to everyone who reports in on this thread!

Here right now... they let us in at 710... rode TSM at 714.. off and over to AS2 ×2 times... met Woody, Jessie, and Buzz.. now online for Slinky with a supposedly 20 min wait.. and it is 755!! I'd recommend this to ANYONE

Edit- was a 10 min wait

Edit #2- we went and got some breakfast.. I thought the Mexican dish and shrimp and grits were both really good. Charcuterie was ehhhh... my son had the chicken and donuts.. he just ate the chicken and some blueberries from the buffet. My husband hated EVERYTHING... so now we are at McDs... lol

But all in all we rode TSMx1, AS2 x 2, SDD x1, and met Woody, Jessie, and Buzz and got the pic in front of a toy story land sign all by 805. As we were leaving we saw the rope drop crowd and my DH was like what is that???? Thank you for this board helping me plan!!!

Last edited:
TSL EMM was amazing! Worth every penny!

Staying at BLT.

6:08 Bus to HS

6:32 topiary pic at HS

6:42 got bands

6:50 scan entry into HS.

6:55 fruit, yogurt, pastry at breakfast

7:11 leave commissary breakfast

Crowd had already been released and were riding slinky when we arrived at 7:17

Then in order we did this:

7:18

SDD x1

Meet woody & Jessie -1st in line

Meet Buzz

AS2 x1

TSMM x2

SDD x3

When we got off that last ride on SDD the line as we were walking out was out of toy story line, past the DVC kiosk.

We then met Mickey and Minnie

Then Met olaf

9:35 arrive for real breakfast. Our party of 7, probably ate 14 breakfast meal orders (but some were the small kids meals). Easily got the chicken nuggets without the syrup. The shrimp and grits were a favorite, so was the Mexican egg bowl. Kids loved scrambled eggs and chicken nuggets. Glad we could get lots of diet soda, in addition to coffee.

Then at 10:15 rode ST w FP

Then met some dis jr characters

Then RNRC FP

Then TOT FP

Then Xmas snacks egg nog, chocolate Verona’s, were really good.

Then saw A few shows, now back at hotel,

A truly awesome day!

Does anyone have a guess on how the days with only the 7:30 time slot will run? I am guessing there will be no breakfast at 7 but do you think they'll be letting people in to TSL a bit early? Didn't early confirmations say to arrive by 7 regardless of time booked?

DH and I did EMM on Monday, 12/3. We really enjoyed it. We were let into Toy Story Land at 7:10 am. We went directly to SDD and were riding after just a few minutes wait. It was once and done for me. For some reason I got a little queasy towards the end of the ride. DH and I were sitting in the last row. Was that the reason? I don't know. Then we rode AS2. Neither one of us liked this one at all. Then I spotted a short line and got in it, knowing Woody and Jessie were going to be there. After about five minutes they arrived. Later that line was quite long. So was the Buzz line. We rode Toy Story Mania three times in a row after that. We took a lot of photos of Toy Story Land. Then the rope drop crowd arrived. Wow, so glad we did EMM! We really appreciated the low crowds. After that we headed to breakfast.

Does anyone have a guess on how the days with only the 7:30 time slot will run? I am guessing there will be no breakfast at 7 but do you think they'll be letting people in to TSL a bit early? Didn't early confirmations say to arrive by 7 regardless of time booked?
I’m curious too—trying to recall if there have been any single time slot days since they started doing the doubles?

Our March date is currently only showing 7:30, and it’s not sold out yet. I’m guessing if it gets full they’ll open up a 7:00 slot too, so I’m keeping an eye on that.

It’s nice to see the recent reports of rides starting early. Although I’ve been worried that if breakfast IS open and my family wanders in there to grab something quickly I’m going to struggle to get all five of us back out the door for early rides (the little one likes his multi course breakfasts and husband is just generally not good at rushing). So maybe we’re better off if it stays at just a 7:30 slot!

I’m curious too—trying to recall if there have been any single time slot days since they started doing the doubles?

Our March date is currently only showing 7:30, and it’s not sold out yet. I’m guessing if it gets full they’ll open up a 7:00 slot too, so I’m keeping an eye on that.

It’s nice to see the recent reports of rides starting early. Although I’ve been worried that if breakfast IS open and my family wanders in there to grab something quickly I’m going to struggle to get all five of us back out the door for early rides (the little one likes his multi course breakfasts and husband is just generally not good at rushing). So maybe we’re better off if it stays at just a 7:30 slot!

I think most people just grab something light before the rides open and then have the full breakfast after. You could make it very clear what the rules are, lol.

I don't care so much about the early breakfast but it would be nice if they let people in starting more like 7:15 or whatever earlier they have been doing even for the 7:30 slot. My date in January only has the 7:30 slot so I'm guessing lower crowds will compensate if they let people in at 7:30 on the dot but I'm hoping that since only breakfast is supposed to be open at 7 and rides not til 7:30 that the earlier open time will hold up even without the 7am slot.

We did EMM on Monday & it was awesome!

I pre scheduled Mears for 6:15 from AKL & we were at HS & waiting at security before they let us in.

After security we were held again for alittle while till they let us into the park.

After we entered the park everyone was ushered to breakfast & not encouraged to stop. We went to the breakfast area , looked around & took a bathroom break.

We then exited & lined up with about 10 more people. Within minutes we were allowed into toy story land.

We were on SDD & my first photo was at 7:11. The second photo was at 7:20. (This one would of been sooner, but we waited as a handle bar that holds you in wouldn’t come up & they had to work on getting it to unlatch before they loaded the ride again)

After these 2 rides it was still walk on & we could of rode it over & over , but hubby was done on that one.

We rode the other ride next. One time & the ride was empty besides us on it. Was okay but not worth a repeat for sure.

Then 3 times onToy Story. The second time we were able to stay on the ride. It was walk on but it’s a long walk back around each time.

After that hubby was done & we could of rode lots & lots more easily.

We went to breakfast & enjoyed what we ate & a nice glass of iced tea.

We ride one more SDD & then checked out the stores. As RD people were entering the parks we went to TOT & ride a 1/2 empty ride there.

EMM was great! Low crowds & a person could sure ride lots more than we did if they wanted to.

We didn’t do any characters but Buzz had maybe 2 people in line were we passed by. The other character line grew steadily each time we passed by & it was getting really long.

I think most people just grab something light before the rides open and then have the full breakfast after. You could make it very clear what the rules are, lol.

Oh how I wish that would work. I could probably get the kids to do it but the husband is another story...even just grabbing a pastry and a coffee will somehow eat up half an hour. And it’s almost certain they will have already made us run late getting there in the first place. Every once in a while I get to do stuff with just my older kid and it’s amazing how fast we can move and get stuff done!

I’m thinking if it is open early I’m going to try to hide that fact from my family and tell them we just have to line up for the land and eat a granola bar while we wait. Or maybe I can send them over to line up and big kid and I can duck in and grab pastries for everyone.

Looks like January 9 is the next time there’s only one time slot so we’ll be waiting a while for a report on how they handle it. I agree, I’d like to see the land open a bit early since it’s such a short event overall. It seems like that’s becoming a more consistent feature so hopefully it continues!

We are going a second time (we went first on the 11-28 SDD is down day) on 2-25. So far its a 7:30 only sold out day. Interested to hear from others how the 7:30 only days work (or perhaps by then Disney will add a second slot ). We waited until 7:30 on the dot to walk into TSL last time. Seems like CMs are letting people in earlier and earlier now.

our date in January is not sold out and only a 7:30 slot
still debating whether to use Lyft/Uber r wait on the bus. We'll be at SSR

It'll be DS birthday that day, he's a big TS fan (and he'll be 25!)

our date in January is not sold out and only a 7:30 slot
still debating whether to use Lyft/Uber r wait on the bus. We'll be at SSR

It'll be DS birthday that day, he's a big TS fan (and he'll be 25!)
I don't care how old you are, who doesn't love Woody???

We did EMM this morning. It was absolutely worth it for us.

We got to HS around 640am. We were probably the 5th group there. We were let into the park around 650am. They try really hard to get you to go to breakfast. Most people went for breakfast. We lined up to head for the land. We were the first group there.

We were allowed into the land a little before 7:10am. I didn't note the exact time but I do know I was the first person into the SDD line and that was at 7:11am. Rode SDD 4 times and were off the 4th time at 7:52am.

We went over to TSMM and rode 3 times in a row. No wait at all...just the long queue and exit to walk through. If lucky enough to not have anyone waiting for your seat, they allowed guests to go again without exiting. We got off the 3rd time at 8:35am.

Back to SDD for what we thought would be the last ride before rope drop crowd arrived. We actually got off the ride at 8:51am, in time to line up for one last ride ahead of the rope drop crowd. We were off SDD for the 6th time at 9:02am.

We chose to exit toy story land and head to tower of terror instead of getting in line for woody. There were maybe 10 families in line at that point.

Breakfast last.

All in all, SDDx6, TSMMx3, ToT, and breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter