DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

actually they have recently added a 7am time to my date. boo ;) but 7:30 is not sold out either so I guess we will see! We'll just get there super early and get the double breakfast thing going. I'm sure my kid will be happy to have pastries first and mama's gonna need some coffee at that time of morning.

Hello All,

Maybe I have missed this in the thread - My day has both 7:00 and 7:30. I purchased 7:30.

Does this mean that the area will be already crowded when they let us in at 7:30?

Thanks

Hello All,

Maybe I have missed this in the thread - My day has both 7:00 and 7:30. I purchased 7:30.

Does this mean that the area will be already crowded when they let us in at 7:30?

Thanks

Everyone is let in at the exact same time regardless of reservation time. So far, they are generally letting folks in the park 6:45/50ish and into the land 7:15-7:20ish. The commissary is open for folks to grab a quick bite before heading into the land, if so desired. The exact timing has been a bit variable based on reports, so take those as approx times.

DH and I did EMM on Monday, 12/3. We really enjoyed it. We were let into Toy Story Land at 7:10 am. We went directly to SDD and were riding after just a few minutes wait. It was once and done for me. For some reason I got a little queasy towards the end of the ride. DH and I were sitting in the last row. Was that the reason? I don't know. Then we rode AS2. Neither one of us liked this one at all. Then I spotted a short line and got in it, knowing Woody and Jessie were going to be there. After about five minutes they arrived. Later that line was quite long. So was the Buzz line. We rode Toy Story Mania three times in a row after that. We took a lot of photos of Toy Story Land. Then the rope drop crowd arrived. Wow, so glad we did EMM! We really appreciated the low crowds. After that we headed to breakfast.
I think we were behind you in the Woody/Jessie line. We were the big group with the kiddo in a Jessie dress.

Hello,
We (family of 5) went to this event this morning so I thought I’d add a post with our experience.

We left the Boardwalk Inn at 7am (late start!) and the kids were super excited so practically ran the whole way. We were through security by 7:16. I guess there is a new walkway as of today (and new bathrooms). We don’t know what the old one was but were told this as we walked by.

We went straight into toy story land, it was already open. I have is getting in there at 7:25.

We did Toy Story Mania twice (we didn’t have to get off). Then we met Woody and Jesse (line wasn’t too bad then). Then 2 rides on Slinky, first had about 10 minute wait, second was much faster. Then 2 rides on the Aliens. Then 2 more Slinky rides with no wait. We stopped for some drinks at the coffee/water station, bathrooms, and also to buy souvenirs. We did the Toy Story photo pass on the way out.

We were at the rope drop for Rock n Roller coaster before 8:45 and made it into the second car. We rode this again and then tower of terror which also didn’t have a wait yet.

My husband and oldest son went back on tower of terror with a posted wait of 13 minutes while I took the other 2 for breakfast.

We tried the eggs/avocado and all of the kids meals. They were still taking orders at 10am.

Overall a great experience and we would definitely do it again to avoid those lines!

Hello,
We (family of 5) went to this event this morning so I thought I’d add a post with our experience.

We left the Boardwalk Inn at 7am (late start!) and the kids were super excited so practically ran the whole way. We were through security by 7:16. I guess there is a new walkway as of today (and new bathrooms). We don’t know what the old one was but were told this as we walked by.

We went straight into toy story land, it was already open. I have is getting in there at 7:25.

We did Toy Story Mania twice (we didn’t have to get off). Then we met Woody and Jesse (line wasn’t too bad then). Then 2 rides on Slinky, first had about 10 minute wait, second was much faster. Then 2 rides on the Aliens. Then 2 more Slinky rides with no wait. We stopped for some drinks at the coffee/water station, bathrooms, and also to buy souvenirs. We did the Toy Story photo pass on the way out.

We were at the rope drop for Rock n Roller coaster before 8:45 and made it into the second car. We rode this again and then tower of terror which also didn’t have a wait yet.

My husband and oldest son went back on tower of terror with a posted wait of 13 minutes while I took the other 2 for breakfast.

We tried the eggs/avocado and all of the kids meals. They were still taking orders at 10am.

Overall a great experience and we would definitely do it again to avoid those lines!
Sounds like an amazing morning! Looking forward to trying this in March!!!!

Hi all, just wanted to share my experience from yesterday (Friday, Dec. 14). My husband and I arrived ~6:45am (drove ourselves from POFQ). We quickly went through security (bag free, but no line either way) and headed toward ABC Commissary. We grabbed coffee, then headed over to the Chinese Theater. We were first in line there and held until 7:15, when we were slowly led by cast members to TSL.

We were on the first SDD train (timestamp on pic was 7:22). We went on again right after, with a time stamp of 7:30. Then we took a restroom break (darn coffee!) and headed to AS2, which was a walk-on with only 2 other groups on it. Once on that was enough, so we headed to TSM. Rode that once with barely any wait, then headed back to SDD for a couple more rides (time stamps of 8:02 and 8:10). For these rides, the clock said it would be 15-minute waits, but both waits were ~5-6 min. My husband doesn’t love SDD (he’s afraid of heights, but a good sport about doing most of the Disney coasters with me), so we once again headed back to TSM. However, we’re pretty competitive and our shooting arms got tired quickly (lol), so to take another break, we went back to SDD again (time stamps of 8:32 and 8:38). It was obviously not the most efficient plan to go back and forth so many times. If we didn’t do that, we could have easily done another ride or two (or more). We then did several Photopass pictures before heading back to TSM for one last ride before the rope drop crowd appeared.

In total:
SDD - 6 times
TSM - 3 times
AS2 - 1 time

After that, we headed to breakfast with no wait there. My husband and I are plant-based and got the chilaquiles made vegan. They were soo good! We also got the sweet potato tots, which were good, but a bit too sweet for me (tasted like they had a touch of powdered sugar on them?). Overall, a wonderful morning and absolutely worth the price to us. (The rope drop line for SDD was far enough back when we left that they weren’t even in TSL anymore. I can’t imagine waiting in that line!)

After that, we headed to breakfast with no wait there. My husband and I are plant-based and got the chilaquiles made vegan. They were soo good! We also got the sweet potato tots, which were good, but a bit too sweet for me (tasted like they had a touch of powdered sugar on them?). Overall, a wonderful morning and absolutely worth the price to us. (The rope drop line for SDD was far enough back when we left that they weren’t even in TSL anymore. I can’t imagine waiting in that line!)

Thanks for the review, nice to hear that you can “customize” the chilaquiles!

We’re planning this for our first park day. We’ll have the military salute tickets. If we don’t get a chance to get them activated the day before (which is our arrival day), will there be someone there at 6:30 or so to activate them? Where would we go?
Thanks.

We’re planning this for our first park day. We’ll have the military salute tickets. If we don’t get a chance to get them activated the day before (which is our arrival day), will there be someone there at 6:30 or so to activate them? Where would we go?
Thanks.
you have to activate at guest services. I don't think they are there that early. activate them the day before, even if you have to go to DS to do it

Ok so we are going at Easter.. does anyone know when they usually release new dates by? Would it be before the 60 day fast pass day?
I’m just wondering how everyone plans their day/Fastpass if they don’t I know if this is running during their planned day??
It’s already affecting ADRs because I will have to rearrange those lol but I’m flexible.. I’m just impatient I guess and planning is getting me through the stress of day to day life ha ha

Ok so we are going at Easter.. does anyone know when they usually release new dates by? Would it be before the 60 day fast pass day?
I’m just wondering how everyone plans their day/Fastpass if they don’t I know if this is running during their planned day??
It’s already affecting ADRs because I will have to rearrange those lol but I’m flexible.. I’m just impatient I guess and planning is getting me through the stress of day to day life ha ha

Post #2 has what little historical date/release date info we have with DHS EMM so far: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...gic-emm-faq-discussion.3701980/#post-59644645

Unfortunately the pattern with this and MK EMM over time has been a bit lumpy in terms of when they release dates. It’s often well before the 60 day mark, but that’s not always a given.

I keep assuming we’ll get some April+ dates any time now, but for better or worse it’s a waiting game at this point.

Personally, I’d make your plans as if it won’t be offered and then re-adjust later if dates do come out that work for you, that way you won’t be disappointed.

Thank you.. yes I feel like it should be any day if it is going to happen. That said I’m perfectly good with it being after Christmas bills are paid ha ha
But it clearly would affect our entire day at HS as I’d prefer not to go to TSL at all during regular hours if it’s that crazy crowded :)

Post #2 has what little historical date/release date info we have with DHS EMM so far: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...gic-emm-faq-discussion.3701980/#post-59644645

Unfortunately the pattern with this and MK EMM over time has been a bit lumpy in terms of when they release dates. It’s often well before the 60 day mark, but that’s not always a given.

I keep assuming we’ll get some April+ dates any time now, but for better or worse it’s a waiting game at this point.

Personally, I’d make your plans as if it won’t be offered and then re-adjust later if dates do come out that work for you, that way you won’t be disappointed.

We went to EMM at HS yesterday, Dec 17th. We scheduled a Mears car for 6:15 and arrived at the bag check area at 6:28. we were through bag check at 6:40 and let into the park at about 6:50. We were second in line behind a couple that we chatted with and were held at the ramp until 7:15ish. We then were led into the land with no one pushing, running, or trying to move around anyone. It was a very smooth process at HS and MK could take lessons. We originally had planned to hit TSM first, but since we were at the front we went ahead and rode the first dog of the day. We went to TSM and then back to SDD for 3 more rides. We did one spin on AS2 and 2 more times on TSM. At that time it was 7:28, my girl was hungry so we headed to the commissary. We could have done more, but we kind of moseyed around. We did not like the breakfast. We tried the chicken and doughnut and I got the kids scrambled eggs. The chicken was nasty and tasted burnt in old oil. The eggs were fine. We did not care for the sweet potato barrels either. We were served quickly and asked for sodas since we don't drink juice. Just after everyone entered the park we made our way to TOT and rode with a ten minute wait. We checked RNR but the wait was already long so we walked over to Epcot. We did not go near the busses so I guess the walk is back to normal? Only took about 15-20 minutes walking at a somewhat slow pace.

There were two different people who came to tell the CMs that their res. was at 7 so they should be in the land. Both times were told 7 is for breakfast. One argued for a few minutes but eventually gave up. Just confirming no difference between res. times. We enjoyed the leisurely feel of this and will do it again on Wednesday.

Thanks for sharing . How far in advance did you book mears? I think we may book them a couple times for ease of travel .. it went smooth?

QUOTE="djc9699, post: 60048282, member: 511433"]We went to EMM at HS yesterday, Dec 17th. We scheduled a Mears car for 6:15 and arrived at the bag check area at 6:28. we were through bag check at 6:40 and let into the park at about 6:50. We were second in line behind a couple that we chatted with and were held at the ramp until 7:15ish. We then were led into the land with no one pushing, running, or trying to move around anyone. It was a very smooth process at HS and MK could take lessons. We originally had planned to hit TSM first, but since we were at the front we went ahead and rode the first dog of the day. We went to TSM and then back to SDD for 3 more rides. We did one spin on AS2 and 2 more times on TSM. At that time it was 7:28, my girl was hungry so we headed to the commissary. We could have done more, but we kind of moseyed around. We did not like the breakfast. We tried the chicken and doughnut and I got the kids scrambled eggs. The chicken was nasty and tasted burnt in old oil. The eggs were fine. We did not care for the sweet potato barrels either. We were served quickly and asked for sodas since we don't drink juice. Just after everyone entered the park we made our way to TOT and rode with a ten minute wait. We checked RNR but the wait was already long so we walked over to Epcot. We did not go near the busses so I guess the walk is back to normal? Only took about 15-20 minutes walking at a somewhat slow pace.

There were two different people who came to tell the CMs that their res. was at 7 so they should be in the land. Both times were told 7 is for breakfast. One argued for a few minutes but eventually gave up. Just confirming no difference between res. times. We enjoyed the leisurely feel of this and will do it again on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!