DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We have this planned for Dec 17th. What is ABC Commissary close to? We have never eaten quick serve at HS and even though we have been in the park at least 30 times I cannot picture it. I know where all the attractions and table services are so if someone can tell me what it is close to, I will have my bearings. Thanks.

I wanted to weigh in with my review of our EMM event on 10/10 with a 7:00 time.
We decided to drive from GF, but as we got in the car I saw the HS bus drive up. By the time we parked and walked to the entrance, we ran into the bus crowds.
When we got in it was a bit confusing but they finally found our reservation and gave us our armbands. No difference for 7 or 7:30 reservations.
As others have reported, we were herded towards the ABC Commissary by the CMs in front of the theatre. I even asked those CMs and the ones in front of the restaurant if we could just head over since I didn't want breakfast before riding SDD. They said that TSL wouldn't be open until 7:30.
I grabbed a small danish and we looked around and then decided to try and line up. Luckily we did since as soon as we got to the theatre they started walking us over.
When we got there I was totally disappointed that SDD was not running. They said that it was down and they had no idea when it would be back up but to keep checking back. We had booked this event since we hadn't yet gone to TSL, and just before we got there I cancelled a SDD FP for later that afternoon (the only time I could get) since we had the EMM.
We rode AS2 but didn't enjoy it so tried again to check on SDD. It was still down. When I was talking to a CM and mentioned we hoped it came up since we had spent the money on the event specifically for that ride. He was a bit short with me and said they hoped so too since they had to be at work at 4:30.
We decided to go ride TSM at around 7:40. I asked the CM out front where Woody and Jessie were and he said he was surprised they weren't out yet. The ride was a walk on with only a few people ahead of us.
When we got off TSM SDD was finally open and already had a 20 minute wait! We waited for the ride and got right back in the same length line after getting off. While on the second ride both my sister and I started feeling motion sick so only my roommate went back on.
When she got off the ride we went to TSM one more time and no one was ahead of us. When we got out the rope drop crowd was already there and I think it was a 90 minute wait.
We really enjoyed breakfast and between us we tried all of the entrees. I will post more about that later.

Thanks for the reports! If you go to ABC at 10 minutes before 10:00, will you still be served? Thanks!

I'm trying to think if we've seen any late breakfast reports. I believe it's just like MK EMM.... they serve up until 10am and then start cleaning up... but you're not kicked out. You can stay/enjoy your breakfast.

Hopefully someone who has arrived/stayed at the breakfast that late can confirm.

Thanks for the reports! If you go to ABC at 10 minutes before 10:00, will you still be served? Thanks!

We didn’t go back to ABC after we finished in TSL, but the CM who took our order at 7:00 told us in a very bright and friendly tone that they’d be serving until 10 and to be sure to come back! So I’m sure they serve until then.

If you are staying on site and do not have your own vehicle, what is the best way for transportation? Would you rely on buses or book a minnie van? If my time is 7:30 and we plan to eat after 9am, what time should be get to HS. We would need 2 booster seats & have 3 kids.

Last edited:
If you are staying on site and do not have your own vehicle, what is the best way for transportation? Would you rely on buses or book a minnie van? If my time is 7:30 and we plan to eat after 9am, what time should be get to HS.

Lyft got us there in 15 minutes last time from the time we requested it to dropoff. I would not hesitate to use it again.

If you are staying on site and do not have your own vehicle, what is the best way for transportation? Would you rely on buses or book a minnie van? If my time is 7:30 and we plan to eat after 9am, what time should be get to HS.

They have been letting people in the land in the 7:20-7:30 range. If you’re not concerned with eating before hand, I’d want to be at the front gate around 7. That gives you 20 mins to check in, scan the tapstyle, take a few pics on an empty Hollywood Boulevard, then start lining up in front of the Chinese Theatre.

Is Lyft the same as minnie van? Also I would need two booster seats.

Lyft runs minnie vans, but they are not the same. If you need 2 booster seats you need a Minnie van, they carry 2 car seats/booster seats with them. A regular lyft won't have any. when you open the lyft app make sure you choose minnie van, not a regular lyft. They are both options. We love minnie vans, BTW!

Lyft runs minnie vans, but they are not the same.

The only slight clarification I’d make to this is just to note that Disney runs Minnie Vans, they just have a partnership with Lyft for the technology/app to hail/find/pay for a Minnie Van. Likely because Disney didn’t want to develop a ride-share app themselves and found it easier to partner with someone who already had the tech built out.

The only slight clarification I’d make to this is just to note that Disney runs Minnie Vans, they just have a partnership with Lyft for the technology/app to hail/find/pay for a Minnie Van. Likely because Disney didn’t want to develop a ride-share app themselves and found it easier to partner with someone who already had the tech built out.

If you order a minnie van from the lyft app is it for a specific time to pick us up or do you just order it & wait a general amount of time for them to get there?

If you order a minnie van from the lyft app is it for a specific time to pick us up or do you just order it & wait a general amount of time for them to get there?

You “order” one when you are ready to be picked up (you can’t arrange it in advance). It will then search for available drivers. If it connects with one, it will show you where they are on a map and an ETA to get to you.

Sometimes with Minnie Vans demand exceeds supply, so it will spend a lot of time searching for a driver and eventually time out. It can be a YMMV kind of thing.

We have used them a lot and have had mostly good luck, but occasionally have had trouble with availability. It’s good to have a plan B and C in mind just in case, in my opinion.

You “order” one when you are ready to be picked up (you can’t arrange it in advance). It will then search for available drivers. If it connects with one, it will show you where they are on a map and an ETA to get to you.

Sometimes with Minnie Vans demand exceeds supply, so it will spend a lot of time searching for a driver and eventually time out. It can be a YMMV kind of thing.

We have used them a lot and have had mostly good luck, but occasionally have had trouble with availability. It’s good to have a plan B and C in mind just in case, in my opinion.

Ok thanks. This would be for like 6:30-6:45am so I need to make sure I know what I am doing ...

Ok thanks. This would be for like 6:30-6:45am so I need to make sure I know what I am doing ...

Some folks on the thread have looked into pre-arranging Mears transportation. I don’t know the logistics but maybe someone can chime in. I believe you can book a time in advance and they have car seats (someone chime in if I’m wrong).

Full reliance on Minnie Van availability at this early hour definitely adds some stress since there’s not much room for error!

Wondering if we should head to SDD first or hit TSM and AS2...our priority is riding as many times as possible but wondering if we should hit the other 2 first to avoid the initial rush?

Wondering if we should head to SDD first or hit TSM and AS2...our priority is riding as many times as possible but wondering if we should hit the other 2 first to avoid the initial rush?

To me, it depends on where in the “initial rush” you are. We were maybe 50-70 people back in the line of folks heading into the land and went straight to SDD. Our wait was pretty quick. If we had been materially further back in the group that first headed into the land/SDD, I think we might have been better to do something else first then SDD later.

But... in the rush/excitement of being there it’s really hard not to want to go straight to SDD no matter what, for us at least!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter