DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

NOOOOOO !!

I waited too long and now March 6th is SOLD OUT :(

How common is it that some spots will become available due to cancellations ?

Well, yesterday I checked for the two potential dates on my trip and ....nothing. I had waited too long, also. This morning? Snagged one!

I'd keep checking.

While we have NO information on if the recent breakfast location move from ABC Commissary to Backlot Express is temporary or not, this MAY (or may not) explain the logic:

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/1096952053425942529?s=21

Although it doesn’t necessarily look like the work going on would prevent it from hosting EMM breakfast, but maybe it’s somehow a factor?

I guess we’ll see.

I did EMM at HS on Monday 2/11. I ubered over from French Quarter about 6:30, arriving about 6:45, and found only a few other people there before me. Having read the reviews, I went to grab a quick pastry and juice, and got in line in front of the theater about 7:10. At that point, there were only 6 other people in line, but shortly after, the cast members told people it wasn't a line, and to fill in all space across the path. At 7:15, the cast members began walking us to Toy Story Land, arriving there about 7:26.

I ended up being one of the first 2 people on SDD, and even got the back car. It was so fun! I loved that ride. I walked off SDD and immediately got back in line to ride SDD a second time,this time in the front car. By the time I got off, the rest of the crowd had begun to arrive, so I road AS2, which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would. Then over to TSMx2, back to SDD x 3, and to AS2 for a second ride. At 8:43 I was almost out of Toy Story Land as the rope drop crowds began pouring in. As others have said, seeing those crowds walking towards you is almost scary!

I road Star Tours x2, then got my real breakfast at BackLot Express. The cast members were very friendly and cheerful, and so were the other guests. However at 9:30, the inside of Back Lot Express was full and people were having to sit outside. The chilaquiles were tasty, but the chicken and donuts were weird. The maple syrup made the chicken fingers soggy, and the sweet potato barrels were not good. I didn't like them at all. However with enough pastries and fruit, I was full. At that point, I took one of the portable coffee cups and lids, filled it with soda, and went on about my day. With such an early morning, caffeine is your friend!

My summary:
  • SDD x 5
  • AS2 x 2
  • TSM x2
  • Breakfast x 2

For me, it was completely worth the money, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

One thing that did annoy me happened after, as I had planned to leave the park after breakfast for some pool time back at my resort. There were others at the resort bus stop waiting to go back as well. Unfortunately the bus driver dropping people off refused to take us back to the resort, saying that the buses didn't do return service in the morning and that a van would eventually pick us up and take us back. 45 minutes later with no van showing up, we spoke to a bus driver at another stop who said we'd been given incorrect information. He made sure the next bus picked us up and took us back to our resort. We were all pretty frustrated. Next time, I would plan to uber back to my resort if I wasn't going to stay in the park.

I did EMM at HS on Monday 2/11. I ubered over from French Quarter about 6:30, arriving about 6:45, and found only a few other people there before me. Having read the reviews, I went to grab a quick pastry and juice, and got in line in front of the theater about 7:10. At that point, there were only 6 other people in line, but shortly after, the cast members told people it wasn't a line, and to fill in all space across the path. At 7:15, the cast members began walking us to Toy Story Land, arriving there about 7:26.

I ended up being one of the first 2 people on SDD, and even got the back car. It was so fun! I loved that ride. I walked off SDD and immediately got back in line to ride SDD a second time,this time in the front car. By the time I got off, the rest of the crowd had begun to arrive, so I road AS2, which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would. Then over to TSMx2, back to SDD x 3, and to AS2 for a second ride. At 8:43 I was almost out of Toy Story Land as the rope drop crowds began pouring in. As others have said, seeing those crowds walking towards you is almost scary!

I road Star Tours x2, then got my real breakfast at BackLot Express. The cast members were very friendly and cheerful, and so were the other guests. However at 9:30, the inside of Back Lot Express was full and people were having to sit outside. The chilaquiles were tasty, but the chicken and donuts were weird. The maple syrup made the chicken fingers soggy, and the sweet potato barrels were not good. I didn't like them at all. However with enough pastries and fruit, I was full. At that point, I took one of the portable coffee cups and lids, filled it with soda, and went on about my day. With such an early morning, caffeine is your friend!

My summary:
  • SDD x 5
  • AS2 x 2
  • TSM x2
  • Breakfast x 2

For me, it was completely worth the money, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

One thing that did annoy me happened after, as I had planned to leave the park after breakfast for some pool time back at my resort. There were others at the resort bus stop waiting to go back as well. Unfortunately the bus driver dropping people off refused to take us back to the resort, saying that the buses didn't do return service in the morning and that a van would eventually pick us up and take us back. 45 minutes later with no van showing up, we spoke to a bus driver at another stop who said we'd been given incorrect information. He made sure the next bus picked us up and took us back to our resort. We were all pretty frustrated. Next time, I would plan to uber back to my resort if I wasn't going to stay in the park.
That was totally not my experience in Dec. I had to go back to catch DME and went to the buses and got one with no problem

We like to rope drop parks, grab a few rides and a coffee and head back to the resort from time to time and have definitely experienced this. I agree beyond frustrating. We’ve mostly had this happen to us at AK when the bus schedulers don’t plan on people leaving. We also heard about a bus that never materialized. I think, like you, we wasted about an hour before we were finally picked up. We were annoyed but rolled with it.

We like to rope drop parks, grab a few rides and a coffee and head back to the resort from time to time and have definitely experienced this. I agree beyond frustrating. We’ve mostly had this happen to us at AK when the bus schedulers don’t plan on people leaving. We also heard about a bus that never materialized. I think, like you, we wasted about an hour before we were finally picked up. We were annoyed but rolled with it.

Same here. Return busses can be few and far between early in the morning. On the bright side, they’re almost always empty! We’re staying at the YC, so boats should be running normally when we leave, otherwise I’d walk. I hate wasting time waiting on busses.

We are doing EMM on Mon, 2/25 (planning on moving to MK in the afternoon so that's where we booked our FP's for the day). We would like to hit TSL at EMM, rope drop RnRC and TOT, then eat breakfast near the end of the food time, and hit Star Tours after that. We have a BOG ADR at 1:25 and then FP's are after that. Does that all sound doable or am I overestimating what I can get done at HS in the morning? I'm willing to take a Lyft to MK if that makes it more possible.
Thanks!

I did almost exactly this last month but headed to Epcot. According to my phone I was at breakfast at 9:30 and out of DHS and on the bus by 10:30. It was a surprisingly busy day but I pretty much walked on at ToT, RnRC and ST. I was solo so probably moving a bit quicker but I never rushed, there was no need.

Perfect thank you

QUOTE="mlnbabies, post: 60277562, member: 358903"]The EMM tickets were in my MDE account. When we got to the turn styles, a CM asked for my name and checked us in. Another lady gave us our wristbands. They were checked when we went to eat breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Was there this morning from 7pm. Walked on to SDD and then on to AS which my 9 year old was not impressed with yet my five year old thought it was Awesome!! Stopped and got a water and breakfast bar. On to TSM and we all loved this. Back over to SDD. .10 min wait and then back over to TSM. We left the area at 8.30 which myself and my eldest headed to RnR and were the first two on it this morning right at the front. Wife went over and got the 5 year old signed up to Jedi Training... 20 min wait. All of us went in to Backlot for breakfast at 9am and had a great time. By the time we did Muppets, Indy and FP both TOT and ST we were out of the park at 1.30pm as the heat and crowds were getting to us.

All in all a fantastic morning but I do wonder how that park is going to cope when GE opens.

While we have NO information on if the recent breakfast location move from ABC Commissary to Backlot Express is temporary or not, this MAY (or may not) explain the logic:

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/1096952053425942529?s=21

Although it doesn’t necessarily look like the work going on would prevent it from hosting EMM breakfast, but maybe it’s somehow a factor?

I guess we’ll see.

I feel so bad... on 2/13 someone asked me where breakfast was and I told them ABC... then realized when we went there at 9:00 it had moved. Whoops.

I also waited too long on 03/04/19 is sold out. I'm going to keep checking just in case since they can be cancelled up until the day before.

NOOOOOO !!

I waited too long and now March 6th is SOLD OUT :(

How common is it that some spots will become available due to cancellations ?

Sorry, I tried to comb the responses, but did not see the answer to this:

Is there any idea if they will have the TSL EMM during the summer months? My family has been waiting on that for quite a while but it has not shown up. I see they have it until the end of May, but that obviously is not that far out.

Thanks in advance!

Is there any idea if they will have the TSL EMM during the summer months? My family has been waiting on that for quite a while but it has not shown up. I see they have it until the end of May, but that obviously is not that far out.

Thanks in advance!
I’m wondering the same. I’m looking for June. I booked the Fantasyland EMM and just keep hoping they open up the Toy Storyland EMM.

Thanks in advance!

My 'guess' is that you'll see TSL EMM every month until SWGE opens. That will likely be the end of TSL EMM as we know it.

I bet summer dates will be added eventually.

My 'guess' is that you'll see TSL EMM every month until SWGE opens. That will likely be the end of TSL EMM as we know it.

I bet summer dates will be added eventually.

I definitely agree with you, just found it curious that they released Summer dates for MK EMM but not TSL. We sort of built our plan assuming it would happen, but can work around it if not. I would just think Summertime would be really popular because people could get in before the heat and rain that most summer days present...

I definitely agree with you, just found it curious that they released Summer dates for MK EMM but not TSL. We sort of built our plan assuming it would happen, but can work around it if not. I would just think Summertime would be really popular because people could get in before the heat and rain that most summer days present...

One thing we do know from looking at the date history/schedule (click here) is that TSL EMM has been offered - with only a few exceptions - every Monday & Wednesday since it was introduced late Sept 2018. It has been a far more regular pattern than MK EMM has ever been. The only major variable has been Fridays.... we saw a run of them Nov-Dec and now again in March.

Since DHS is not 'typically' a park that gets pre-9am opening hours, my guess is they barrel on through the entire summer with Mon/Wed dates, eventually. Unless they are planning a run of pre-9am openings, like what they have done at DAK, for example, at times in the summer months in the post-Pandora era.

All speculation though. :-)

We are doing this twice in one week. On our upcoming trip for a few days it will just me and DS. We had scheduled to do it together. Then later in the week DD and Grandmother are joining us. They want to do it as well. I could cancel the first one but he is so excited for mommy and son time! So... twice it is! I will try to remember and report back how the two days compared. This forum has been very helpful in our decision to do it at all!
We were going to do the afterhours at DHS but all we want to do there is ToyStoryLand and my kids aren't really night owls so hopefully this will be great!

Thanks in advance!
They just released May so who knows when they will add more

Thanks in advance!
I hope they offer it in the summer too. I really want to do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter