DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Usually when the 7:30 slots sell out they open up the 7AM slots, this time it appears that more 7:30 slots have opened.

This worries me. We booked 8/13 and I hope they dont oversell. Its only an hour and a half and it would upset me if we didnt get to do the rides at least a few times without long waits.

It could be that they opened more slots for 7:30, or it could also be that people switched from 7:30 to 7:00 slot, which also caused some 7:30 slots to open up. Right? Or no?
That would make sense. 7:30 was never sold out for my date, so I can't say one way or the other for early August.

It could be that they opened more slots for 7:30, or it could also be that people switched from 7:30 to 7:00 slot, which also caused some 7:30 slots to open up. Right? Or no?
It could be, I hope you are right and not that they've added more slots.

This is a card that they gave at the entrance that lists basic information and the food options:

IMG_20190401_063614-M.jpg

IMG_20190401_063606-M.jpg
Thanks for the picture of the menu!!!!!!

Reading this thread has been super helpful and informative. We are doing this on Weds (4/10) - 2 adults and kids (7 &4) and will report back.

Our strategy is mostly to ride Slinky Dog and TSM as many times as we can, ride AS once, and maybe meet a character if it make sense, but not priority. Around 8:45am, we are hoping to head to RnR coaster before the RD crowd hits Toy Story Land, do rider switch and let my husband and my 7 year old ride, then go on the standby line for ToT (depending on wait), and then will go on RnR with the rider switch (myself and my 7 y/o). At this point, we will head to eat breakfast before 10am, then do a few more things before taking a break. Hopefully this is doable!

Reading this thread has been super helpful and informative. We are doing this on Weds (4/10) - 2 adults and kids (7 &4) and will report back.

Our strategy is mostly to ride Slinky Dog and TSM as many times as we can, ride AS once, and maybe meet a character if it make sense, but not priority. Around 8:45am, we are hoping to head to RnR coaster before the RD crowd hits Toy Story Land, do rider switch and let my husband and my 7 year old ride, then go on the standby line for ToT (depending on wait), and then will go on RnR with the rider switch (myself and my 7 y/o). At this point, we will head to eat breakfast before 10am, then do a few more things before taking a break. Hopefully this is doable!
Looking forward to your review! Your plan is similar to ours. Do as many rides as possible in TSL then head to RnRC and ToT at RD and then breakfast. Hope you have a great time!

We are heading to this EMM in August - one of the last before GE opens - any thoughts about whether the new M&G for Bo Peep will be available during EMM? DD8 has no desire to ride SDD - so we will do AS and TSM as well as Buzz, Woody and Jessie during EMM - would love to add her to our list too!

We're doing this tomorrow (4/10), too, and really appreciate everyone's input!

We went on 3/28 and really enjoyed ourselves. We also did evening events at MK and AK and frankly there’s no going back to daytime crazy spring break crowds for us! These events were all worth the money

We picked up DD at 6:15 from CB since that’s when her softball team had to leave for airport. Left her luggage at bell services and headed over to HS in Uberaround 6:40

No one in line for baggage check or wrist bands so we were in early and DH and DD insisted we go to backlot where we just got some yogurt topped with granola, big blueberries, cashews, and pumpkin seeds, coffee and waters.

Stopped at bathroom and then got in line near theater around 7:20

It started out as a beautiful sunny morning so we were very lucky.

We kind of hung back because it was a lot like the regular crazy rope drop nuts that we abhor but just a lot less of them. I think they started walking us back around 7:20 ish. We stayed to right since all the stroller people were told to stay left. We took our time walking back and taking photos and enjoying the calm of the morning.

DD loves TSM so we rode that first and stayed on for a second ride. Then 2xs on slinky dog dash which was really cute. The tails were back on the dogs. Then DD and DH rode the Alien ride which was meh and DD didn’t want to ride it again. Took more photos in the area. The bathroom is even cute. They had a table with water and coffee and some granola bars back in the land. On way out took a photo with Buzz because there was no line. They should move him into the land and not st entrance because no one knew he was there.

We then went and lined up around 8:30 for RnR and ToT. I didn’t even look back at the rope drop people and was disappointed to find out that we would not be moving until they were let in and joined our group and then we would all be walked back. Did I tell you yet how much I can’t stand rope droppers. At least we were towards the front and it wasn’t a long walk. Did RnR twice then a bit of a drizzle over to ToT. DD ride it once with DH and then fast passed it with me. At 9:45 it was pouring so we put on our rain ponchos and went to backlot for a proper breakfast. We liked all the food offerings and ordered and tried everything except charcuterie platter. DH was disappointed that the blueberries and mixed nuts were finished but everything else was still available on the breakfast buffet bar. We had no trouble finding seats and relaxed there for a bit before heading out. We caught CB bus back to pick up DD’s luggage then Ubered back to WBC where DD luckily could nap a bit before we went to watch DS’s rain delayed baseball game in the Braves stadium.

We really liked this event and felt it was worth every penny.

We won’t need to do it again. But we are Looking forward to what will be offered for Stars Wars since we’ll be back for spring break next year.

Hi there, quick question - was this 3/27 or 3/29? Thanks!

Sorry we did so many of the special ticket things i should have looked at my itinerary rather than trying to remember the date which was actually 3/27

Attachments

• A7DE2C65-52CD-44D3-9163-6595B1D548E1.jpeg
    A7DE2C65-52CD-44D3-9163-6595B1D548E1.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 23
Okay this morning’s EMM (4/10) was not worth it. I’ll post more details later. Also RnR coaster is not open and they don’t know when, so that plan is bust.

Do you guys think they will continue EMM in Sept/October with the opening of Star Wars?

My guess is there is a slim to none chance it continues. I think the need for longer park hours will prevent an EMM-type event in the near/mid term. Just my guess though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts