DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I just added 2 nights to my July trip specifically so I could book this event! We did it in Feb and really enjoyed it. I really wanted to fit it in since it may never be offered again. Also, in Feb my daughter was about half an inch too short to ride SDD. I'm praying she makes it this time, it's all she talks about!

Also, I'd totally pay to do EMM at 4am but they'd have to add another E. Extra Early Morning Magic :rotfl:
Hope she gets to ride it this time

I just added 2 nights to my July trip specifically so I could book this event!
Same
We were just going to pop into the World for a couple days and just ride what we could before a cruise. Then I read about EMM at HS. We added a night at Yacht Club to make an arrival day a park day at Epcot and EMM at HS. Now, I am making my regular commando plans because I don't want to miss anything after all. I just can't plan a "relaxing" WDW trip. :) We will just have to relax on the cruise.

We did this event in October and are now trying to decide about the 5/27 event. We have a short visit that is supposed to be a relaxing trip and already have TSL FP on another date. Not sure if we want to get up early on our last day of a CL stay. But, I am torn since I know it is our last opportunity for it.

Trying to figure out how to maximize FP bookings after EMM for our family of four. We'll likely have 2 RNRC riders, 2 TOT riders and 3 Star Tours riders with no other FP rides at HS. Happily just found out I'm pregnant :), sadly will be out of luck for all of these :sad1:, so thinking I could book some or all of our FPs at a different park for later. That's doable, right? Booking for party members at different parks on the same day? Thinking about this:
  • RNRC at Rope Drop
  • TOT - FP (2 people) - book for second park once used
  • Breakfast
  • ST without FP
  • Book FP for other 2 people at later park
Not sure yet what the other park would be let alone which FP.

Would be even better to skip FP at HS entirely but not sure if we can fit in RNRC-TOT-Breakfast without it. I've been reading the updates to see how this works but it seems tight. We'll be there Aug 14 so not sure if one of the shafts will still be down. At least now we don't have to do rider switch with the younger son! I suppose another option would be for him and me to get to breakfast sooner and make sure we get food for the other guys if they're running late.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

So, here's my ridiculous situation:

My son loves EE with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns.

We could both spend the majority of a day riding FOP and count ourselves fortunate.

My son loves ToT with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns. (It's a theme.)

We want to experience SDD without the stupid wait times.

Ergo, we have DAH AK booked for June 4, and EMM HS booked for June 5.

We know. No, really, WE KNOW.

Since start times are changing at AK, and concerns of overbooking for EMM are prevalent, I will be TREMENDOUSLY grateful for ANY input in the next three weeks.

Thanks to all. :love:

So, here's my ridiculous situation:

My son loves EE with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns.

We could both spend the majority of a day riding FOP and count ourselves fortunate.

My son loves ToT with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns. (It's a theme.)

We want to experience SDD without the stupid wait times.

Ergo, we have DAH AK booked for June 4, and EMM HS booked for June 5.

We know. No, really, WE KNOW.

Since start times are changing at AK, and concerns of overbooking for EMM are prevalent, I will be TREMENDOUSLY grateful for ANY input in the next three weeks.

Thanks to all. :love:
Is there no DHS DAH during your stay? That would include TOT also, and not involve a late night followed by an early morning. Plus more exclusive time in DHS.

Trying to figure out how to maximize FP bookings after EMM for our family of four. We'll likely have 2 RNRC riders, 2 TOT riders and 3 Star Tours riders with no other FP rides at HS. Happily just found out I'm pregnant :), sadly will be out of luck for all of these :sad1:, so thinking I could book some or all of our FPs at a different park for later. That's doable, right? Booking for party members at different parks on the same day? Thinking about this:
  • RNRC at Rope Drop
  • Breakfast
  • ST without FP

Would be even better to skip FP at HS entirely but not sure if we can fit in RNRC-TOT-Breakfast without it. I've been reading the updates to see how this works but it seems tight. We'll be there Aug 14 so not sure if one of the shafts will still be down. At least now we don't have to do rider switch with the younger son! I suppose another option would be for him and me to get to breakfast sooner and make sure we get food for the other guys if they're running late.

Unless something has changed and/or you have something special, your first 3 FPs have to be at the same park. I wasn't able to book a ToT FP for the morning at 61 days.

Congratulations on the baby news!!

• RNRC at Rope Drop
  • Breakfast
  • ST without FP

ToT refurb is supposed to last through the summer, so you might have to plan for that.

First off: When is your FP booking day? If you are booking FP for your emm day at 60+2 or less, you might have trouble getting a 9 am FP. I booked at 60+1 at 7 am sharp (my first FP) and the earliest time was 2:10 pm for ToT.

I would reverse it: Do ToT at rope drop (but be sure to beat the RD crowd. Coming from EMM, you can do this if you are conscientious about leaving TSL on time. First in line is first in line; you won't have to worry about 50% capacity.

Ride RnRC with FP at 9:20
Breaktast at 9:50 (it'll be tight getting back there for it)

Getting an early RnRC FP is much easier than an early ToT fp.

As you are riding Star Tours after breakfast, I think you should get a FP for that also, and wait until then to get your FP for your 2nd park. I think saving time at Star Tours, and leaving for the 2nd park earlier, is more important than booking FP for the 2nd park an hour or so earlier.

Unless something has changed and/or you have something special, your first 3 FPs have to be at the same park. I wasn't able to book a ToT FP for the morning at 61 days.

Thanks!!

Correct that an individual's FPs need to be at a single park. Wondering if we could split our party though and book husband and older son at DHS, younger son and me somewhere else. I think that would work from what I know?

ToT refurb is supposed to last through the summer, so you might have to plan for that.

First off: When is your FP booking day? If you are booking FP for your emm day at 60+2 or less, you might have trouble getting a 9 am FP. I booked at 60+1 at 7 am sharp (my first FP) and the earliest time was 2:10 pm for ToT.

I would reverse it: Do ToT at rope drop (but be sure to beat the RD crowd. Coming from EMM, you can do this if you are conscientious about leaving TSL on time. First in line is first in line; you won't have to worry about 50% capacity.

Ride RnRC with FP at 9:20
Breaktast at 9:50 (it'll be tight getting back there for it)

Getting an early RnRC FP is much easier than an early ToT fp.

As you are riding Star Tours after breakfast, I think you should get a FP for that also, and wait until then to get your FP for your 2nd park. I think saving time at Star Tours, and leaving for the 2nd park earlier, is more important than booking FP for the 2nd park an hour or so earlier.

So helpful, thank you! FP booking day is June 13 making our EMM day 60+2. Good to know about TOT vs. RnRC FP, hadn't even thought about availability on those being tough.

We'll probably do a couple other things at DHS, maybe Muppets and Lightning McQueen if there's any interest, then take a midday break before park #2.

Just read a review over at DIS that said there were 30 min waits for SDD and that the event felt crowded and oversold. I am not going to be pleased if that is the case - the ONLY reason we are paying this much is to avoid this very thing. And you know what? There is nothing we can do about it if it happens either.

Just read a review over at DIS that said there were 30 min waits for SDD and that the event felt crowded and oversold. I am not going to be pleased if that is the case - the ONLY reason we are paying this much is to avoid this very thing. And you know what? There is nothing we can do about it if it happens either.

Do you have a link?

Thanks!!

Correct that an individual's FPs need to be at a single park. Wondering if we could split our party though and book husband and older son at DHS, younger son and me somewhere else. I think that would work from what I know?

Not correct.

From the FP+ sticky:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Do ToT at rope drop (but be sure to beat the RD crowd. Coming from EMM, you can do this if you are conscientious about leaving TSL on time. First in line is first in line; you won't have to worry about 50% capacity.

What time would you leave toy story land in order to beat the rope drop crowd to Tower of terror?

What time would you leave toy story land in order to beat the rope drop crowd to Tower of terror?

Theres really no rush 99.9% of rope droppers will be barreling towards you in TSL. But if you leave at 8:55 or so you can guarantee basically no wait. Plenty of people have done ToT and RNR and then gone back for breakfast with time to spare.

Theres really no rush 99.9% of rope droppers will be barreling towards you in TSL. But if you leave at 8:55 or so you can guarantee basically no wait. Plenty of people have done ToT and RNR and then gone back for breakfast with time to spare.

While I sure hope this is true, I think this has changed since TOT is at half capacity.

Not correct.

From the FP+ sticky:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Ahh, I was thinking about booking in advance, but this is relevant for my plan so good to keep in mind.

I can book party members in advance at separate parks though, right? Thanks for all the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter