DHS with my almost-8 and almost-10 years old girls

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
We've been to all the parks numerous times with our DDs but have never taken them to DHS for various reasons. But March is the time! I've read all the TouringPlan recs and am still completely overwhelmed by which rides should be top priority for 1 day only in the park:
  • they both love rollercoasters/thrill rides
  • big Star Wars fans so Jedi Training line waiting at RD will definitely be happening
  • have ADR at Sci-Fi for lunch - is this going to bore them at this age? Or worth it?
  • I have Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, and Tower of Terror targeted as FP priorities - is this good or am I missing something big?
Any attraction recommendations for this age or things we shouldn't waste our time on?

Thank you!!
Ane

Well I like your plan, my god daughter turns 8 next week and she is planning on Jedi Training, Star Tours, ToT, Aerosmith and as many shows as she can get in. Unlike my daughter (17) she is fearless and I love your choice of restaurant, its my favorite in HS. A lot of people (us included) get the fast pass for Toy Story Mania and walk to Aerosmith and ToT the lines are usually really low in the 1st hour because most people head straight to TSM.

My 11 yr olds absolute new favorite ride this summer was ToT; they are also big fans of Star tours & TSM

Also make sure you do the chewbacca & kylo ren meet & greets

We also saw the Indiana jones stunt show which they really enjoyed (we did too )

If they like rollercoasters and thrill rides, they will probably like Rock 'n Rollercoaster. It's a pretty cool ride! Not sure how you should finagle FP for it though, others likely will have a better idea on that.

Don't miss whatever interests them most out of Frozen Sing a Long, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and/or Beauty and the Beast Live

I'd get a FP+ for RnR instead of TSMM to start, since they like thrill rides. You can pick up a FP+ for TSMM later. Otherwise, I like your plan.

As they love rollercoasters, RnRC is a must ans the line build up fast. It's my favourite ride, but I'm a coaster-junkie and big Rock-/Punk/-Metal-Fan.
Usually I would recommend FP+ for RnRC and doing TSMM in the first or last two hours, but as they now close 1-2 lines at TSM, it is not as simple...
Perhaps, as I think Yedi-SignUp is next to TSMM, do both at RD ans FP+ for RnRC. If not try RnRC as early as possible (in the first 30minutes) and than FP+ for TSMM.

I’ve got boys the same ages. I agree with pps to switch the TSMM fp for RNRC. The lines have similar waits but the line for Toy Story is fun with lots to look at. The line for RNRC is mostly concrete walls.
Sci-if diner is fun. Even if they don’t enjoy the movie clips, the theming is beautiful and they should love it.
I’d add the Frozen Singalong as your one and only daytime show. It’s funny enough to keep them entertained even if they aren’t totally Frozen fans.
If you’re big Star Wars fans make sure to hang around late enough to see the nighttime Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter