Diamond Horseshoe Unavailable?

Mr & Mrs DD

DIS Veteran
Tried booking ADR for Diamond Horseshoe this morning for Sept. The website would not allow any booking for the Diamond Horseshoe for June, July, August and Sept. I tried calling in the reservation by phone. They were not able to book it and they did not have any notes as to why it is unavailable. They told me to just keep trying. Does anyone know why? I didn't see it listed as refurbishment but that is the only reason I can think of for it being unavailable for so long. We would appreciate any info, otherwise we will just keep trying to see if it becomes available.

I read somewhere that Diamond Horseshoe only opens during very busy seasons. I know for our upcoming Easter week trip I never saw it as an option until a little less than 2 months ago. So perhaps it's based on those will be slower times?

Just a guess.

I heard the food is supposed to be terrible there- not sure why you'd want to book it unless you want a look inside?

From what I recall Diamond Horseshoe is only opened seasonally. At Christmas time I think the menu was from Liberty Tavern.
They did a landmark business giving out water during the 4th of July 2017.

I heard the food is supposed to be terrible there- not sure why you'd want to book it unless you want a look inside?

Seriously? Just because you "heard" that does not mean its true. You have to experience things for yourself. If you go by what others say then you could be missing out on something that you would actually enjoy.

Thanks for the info everybody. We had never eaten there and just wanted to give it a try. Thanks for the feedback. It seems like the cast member that I spoke with on the phone would have known that. I guess we will try to find something else new that we haven't tried before.

Seriously? Just because you "heard" that does not mean its true. You have to experience things for yourself. If you go by what others say then you could be missing out on something that you would actually enjoy.
I've literally never heard of any positive reviews of this place. Even Tony's has had some positive reviews- not here.

I've literally never heard of any positive reviews of this place. Even Tony's has had some positive reviews- not here.

The same could have been said about Skipper's Canteen but I ate there and it was amazing.
BTW I have seen some positive reviews of Diamond Horseshoe.
The point I'm trying to make is that you should not go about life not trying something because well this person or that person said it was horrible so no one should go.

The same could have been said about Skipper's Canteen but I ate there and it was amazing.
BTW I have seen some positive reviews of Diamond Horseshoe.
The point I'm trying to make is that you should not go about life not trying something because well this person or that person said it was horrible so no one should go.
I get your point, but since I've literally never seen ANYTHING positive about Diamond Horseshoe from Disney fan blogs/sites, I thought I should at least mention it so that the OP would know if they didn't already. Mentioning something like that has been appreciated on some occasions. On a recent thread, I mentioned that Tony's is generally considered bad and that there are better TS options in MK, and the person didn't know and appreciated that I pointed that out.

Most reviews of Skipper Canteen I've seen have been positive, though, so I'm not sure what you're comparing the two. For comparison's sake, Skipper Canteen has 4/5 stars on Yelp; Diamond Horseshoe has a 2.5/5, which is really low for Yelp.

I get your point, but since I've literally never seen ANYTHING positive about Diamond Horseshoe from Disney fan blogs/sites, I thought I should at least mention it so that the OP would know if they didn't already. Mentioning something like that has been appreciated on some occasions. On a recent thread, I mentioned that Tony's is generally considered bad and that there are better TS options in MK, and the person didn't know and appreciated that I pointed that out.

Most reviews of Skipper Canteen I've seen have been positive, though, so I'm not sure what you're comparing the two. For comparison's sake, Skipper Canteen has 4/5 stars on Yelp; Diamond Horseshoe has a 2.5/5, which is really low for Yelp.

I'd say there's a difference between mentioning it and flat out saying why would you want to go there.

Yes now that more people have given it a try there are plenty of positive reviews of Skipper's Canteen but if you had been looking at reviews from the first 6-8 months that it was open they were negative. My sister and I went anyways and loved it.

We ate here last year and loved it. I have Been looking for reservations since my 180 days opened up which was in November. Nothing was ever available for me to book. It looked like it was closed for refurbishment every time I tried To book it. It just recently opened about 2 weeks ago for my trip in May so i was able to get a reservation. I would Keep trying back. I was Glad that it did open for us because we really enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter