diapers in hotel rooms...what do you do with them?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
with our trip fast approaching, I'm thinking about things I've never really thought of before. lol. anyway, we will have two in diapers when we head to wdw next month. what do we do with poopy diapers when we are in our room? we certainly don't want to just throw them in the garbage in the room (ewww, stinky), but what do we do with them?

I would buy a box of those scented disposable diaper bags at The Dollar Tree. It's 100 bags for $1. We use them at home instead of a Diaper Genie. You could either throw those in the inroom trash can or one of the outdoor trash cans.

We used the little blue baby powder scented bags (we got them from Babies R Us - they weren't expensive but I do think they were more than $1 there so I'd definitely try the dollar store first - but if you can't find them there you can at BRU) made for stinky diapers and they worked great. Even when put in the trash can in the room they were fine. We just made sure to tie them really good. We also carried them in the parks with us to dispose of stinky diapers.

We just bring along a bunch of those disposable bags you get from Target or the grocery store. Tie them up tight. That has worked for us. We just be sure to empty them into an outdoor trash when we get a chance, rather than just waiting for housekeeping to clean the rooms. We also bring along one of those portable air fresheners.

We just used plastic grocery bags from our grocery run supplemented with those dollar store bags if need be - and took the special little package to the nearest garbage room or outdoor can as soon as we changed DS...of course if it was the middle of the night or something we left it near the door for the next time we left the room. We did that with potty diapers too, just to keep them out of the room.

Well if it's a really stinky one those scented bags don't even work!LOL
I use a ziplock bag, it works great! Sometimes I will even put the stinky diaper in a ziplock(sandwhich size)then in the scented bags. I always find those bags at the dollar store, a box of about 50.

You know I never thought of this and we're at a DVC resort so we only get trash on Day 4. Ewwwww. :) I have those scented bags but I will probably take them right to an outdoor trash unless it's the middle of the night.

I found putting a scented fabric sheet in the diaper bag helped. Try the new Febreeze ones--I use them in the garbage cans at home and it helps.

I'm a ziplock user when I travel....I'll put multiple "number one" diapers into a large bag, but "number two's" get their own bag. :teeth:

I just ran the diapers out to an outside trash can if it was stinky. If the diaper was just wet I just threw it in the trash can in the hotel. Mousekeeping emptied the trash every day.

I just wanted to add that if you are staying in a deluxe resort, call to request turn down service at night. When they do turn down, they empty the trash cans. We made sure we did this whenever we travelled with kids in diaper age. We would leave an extra tip for the turn down mousekeeper but it was worth it knowing the trash was emptied twice a day. ;)

Honestly, we flush them. This is the first time I have admitted it thanks to the anonymity of the internet, but super stinky diapers get flushed down our hotel room toilet. This started about 4 years ago when we had only 2 children (4 now). We were in Chicago staying at a cheap hotel with outdoor entry, it was snowing and subzero temps. We were driving to see family in Cleveland when the weather made us stop unexpectedly and take a hotel room. My wife had changed both kids as she was getting them ready for bed. Both diapers went in the room garbage as usual. This is still how we dispose of most hotel room diapers, but after about 2 hours the smell coming from my oldest sons diaper, around 3 then, was unbelievable. I bundled up to go find an outdoor trash to throw the stinky diaper in, but after failing to find one and almost freezing, i headed back to the room with diaper in-hand. Stinky diaper joined the other diaper once again in the trash, but only for less than an hour. I wanted to open the front door and throw it out, but my wife wouldn't allow it. So, i came to the conclusion that we would unroll the stinky diaper bomb and flush it. We had never unrolled one before, or since, it was a poop smelling nightmare. I flattened it out and put it in with poopside down and flushed. It disappeared immediately. Room started smelling better right away. Every since super stinky diapers go straight to the bathroom for flushing and not the trash can. I know, we are terrible. Try it, it works.

You know I never thought of this and we're at a DVC resort so we only get trash on Day 4. Ewwwww. :) I have those scented bags but I will probably take them right to an outdoor trash unless it's the middle of the night.
We used the wastebasket under the sink in the DVC resorts (so it's closed away) and then emptied that basket at least once a day. I will be glad when our kids are out of diapers.

Honestly, we flush them. This is the first time I have admitted it thanks to the anonymity of the internet, but super stinky diapers get flushed down our hotel room toilet. This started about 4 years ago when we had only 2 children (4 now). We were in Chicago staying at a cheap hotel with outdoor entry, it was snowing and subzero temps. We were driving to see family in Cleveland when the weather made us stop unexpectedly and take a hotel room. My wife had changed both kids as she was getting them ready for bed. Both diapers went in the room garbage as usual. This is still how we dispose of most hotel room diapers, but after about 2 hours the smell coming from my oldest sons diaper, around 3 then, was unbelievable. I bundled up to go find an outdoor trash to throw the stinky diaper in, but after failing to find one and almost freezing, i headed back to the room with diaper in-hand. Stinky diaper joined the other diaper once again in the trash, but only for less than an hour. I wanted to open the front door and throw it out, but my wife wouldn't allow it. So, i came to the conclusion that we would unroll the stinky diaper bomb and flush it. We had never unrolled one before, or since, it was a poop smelling nightmare. I flattened it out and put it in with poopside down and flushed. It disappeared immediately. Room started smelling better right away. Every since super stinky diapers go straight to the bathroom for flushing and not the trash can. I know, we are terrible. Try it, it works.
:scared1:popcorn::

Even at home with the diaper genie, I always used the Sassy brand of scented bags for diapers. They held even the worst either of my children could dish out.

Interesting. When my kids were in diapers, I always just wrapped the stinky diaper up tight, popped them in one of the million grocery sore bags we had around, then then tossed them in the trash can. This was in my bedroom and I never had a problem with stinkiness. Or maybe my sense of smell is not that sensitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!