Did 2020 room rates just go up?

Rates are ridiculous for 2020 it seems.

Seems like they jacked the rates RIGHT before the discounts came up so it looks like you are getting a great deal (ala Kohls.

I looked at Port Orleans FQ for the same week (last weekend in March) and the DISCOUNTED 2020 rate is $100/night more than the AP discount for a Preferred room I played in 2019.

That is insane.

I enjoy Disney resorts, but these hotels are not worth $300/night unless they include park tickets.

Agreed... at $300/night I think I deserve a balcony so I don't need to sit in the darkness drinking my hard seltzer while my kids sleep, haha. I was totally fine doing that for $155/night.

I will never forget our first stay at POR. It was our very first moderate resort after staying at the All Stars for two trips. I was in shock at the difference in the Value and the Moderate levels with the pools, landscaping, themes, just everything. Now I will admit that I could see AoA being considered close to a Moderate resort. But the All-Stars and Pop will always scream Value to me, no matter what their price.

I bet Disney just can't wait till they can rework the DVC point charts when the resorts expire. I imagine they hate the fact that you can rent points for a Deluxe for the same price of Moderates during certain times in the year. But a lot of new comers have no idea about that.

I will never forget our first stay at POR. It was our very first moderate resort after staying at the All Stars for two trips. I was in shock at the difference in the Value and the Moderate levels with the pools, landscaping, themes, just everything. Now I will admit that I could see AoA being considered close to a Moderate resort. But the All-Stars and Pop will always scream Value to me, no matter what their price.
I agree the theming and elegance between Values and Moderates is night and day. The problem is those Values now are hitting $150-200/night AFTER discounts. Not much of a value anymore.

I think you have to use the word value loosely, we are going the first full week of march we paid 170 a night for All star movies, we wanted pop but its 192. And the kids eat free promo ends the first day we are there.
This is with there 10% off so hopefully another discount will come

I think you have to use the word value loosely, we are going the first full week of march we paid 170 a night for All star movies, we wanted pop but its 192. And the kids eat free promo ends the first day we are there.
This is with there 10% off so hopefully another discount will come

Yeah, at $170 per night (plus parking if applicable), it's not much of a "value" for anyone. Not to mention the $25 per night surcharge to sleep near the Skyliner (at Pop). Not saying spending the money for a WDW vacation isn't worth it, but let's not pretend there is any "value" level anymore.

Glad I booked in August. Discounts did nothing for me.
Thats the headline there. Rack rate for a an early 2020 hotel booked in August is cheaper than discounts on the NEW rack rate. That is how much resort prices have gone up.
And resort prices going up dont make the press like ticket prices going up.

And you wont see those big ticket prices going up headlines now since Disney can just adjust prices for CERTAIN dates.

At these paces. Going to Disney in 2020 or 2021 could cost 25-50% more than it cost in 2018. Crazy.

I bet Disney hates that they ever termed some of their resorts "value".
Well .. they are a still a Value ..... compared to $500/night Deluxe rooms.

I definitely could see a rebranding of the Disney hotels considering the lines are pretty gray now.

Pop, AoA, and CBR have potentially better/faster transportation options than some of the Deluxe resorts, but dont have the amenities or room sizes of Moderates/Deluxe.

Yeah, at $170 per night (plus parking if applicable), it's not much of a "value" for anyone. Not to mention the $25 per night surcharge to sleep near the Skyliner (at Pop). Not saying spending the money for a WDW vacation isn't worth it, but let's not pretend there is any "value" level anymore.
Motel 6 room at five times the price, the things we do so your kids can sleep 250 feet from a large dalmation.

We just got a pin code today for past guests and our trip next May went down by almost $1000 for a water view -king at Gran Destino!!! :)

Funny, I was just thinking to myself the other day - last year I was receiving pins on a regular basis. I haven't had one in a long time.

Not being snarky, I honestly thought they didn't do PIN codes any more. I only hang out here sporadically, and have not personally received one in many years. I'm glad to know they still exist.

So the trip is back on?? Great news! :)

It's still tentative, but I think we will make it work! We are going through a really, really sad, tough time right now with our kitties (4.5 yr old siblings, one we will be losing to a terminal illness very soon :( and are just hoping our other kitty doesn't have the same possible genetic issue - testing too expensive ) so by next May I think we will need a vacation, hopefully happier times by then. We have spent so much money on trying to save him, that this discount makes me so thankful!

but yes, great news! :)

It's still tentative, but I think we will make it work! We are going through a really, really sad, tough time right now with our kitties (4.5 yr old siblings, one we will be losing to a terminal illness very soon :( and are just hoping our other kitty doesn't have the same possible genetic issue - testing too expensive ) so by next May I think we will need a vacation, hopefully happier times by then. We have spent so much money on trying to save him, that this discount makes me so thankful!

but yes, great news! :)

Ugh I have been there with a cat before. It's truly awful and I feel for you. I am glad you can still have a bit of an escape.

Farro-never easy. We just had to make that decision last Friday with our 14 1/2 yr old cat. It was also on my birthday which sucked, but after having him at the vet for shots and medicine on Monday then he stopped eating. By Friday we knew what had to be done. One cat lover to another-sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!