Did 2020 room rates just go up?

Farro-never easy. We just had to make that decision last Friday with our 14 1/2 yr old cat. It was also on my birthday which sucked, but after having him at the vet for shots and medicine on Monday then he stopped eating. By Friday we knew what had to be done. One cat lover to another-sorry.

Yeah. We've been through this before, but all our other pets lived a nice long life. Cashew is not even 5 yet. It's just so unfair and sad. And I worry how Walnut will do without him. It's crushing. :(

I'm sorry you had to do this too!

Last edited:
I just got a 30% off pin code and my trip in March is still 10$ more expensive per night at CBR. Standard 5th Sleeper room is $346 a night and the discount gets it into the $260s. The rate I got in August was in the $250s.

Ooook Disney.

I'm literally going paying full price for everything. Oooh man. I don't have flexibility in my dates either.

I made a spreadsheet ( yes I am crazy detail oriented) months ago for a possible May trip. It had each deluxe we were thinking of along with each room category we may chose. Each had the full price, and the price at each discount point, 10,15,20,25 and 30%. We just got a pin code this morning so we booked at the Boardwalk for May and the price did not change by even a cent from when i made those charts, so at least the Boardwalk hasn't changed prices yet.

We just got a pin code today for past guests and our trip next May went down by almost $1000 for a water view -king at Gran Destino!!! :)

How do you get those? I'm wondering now if I deleted an email with a pin code thinking it was spam...

How do you get those? I'm wondering now if I deleted an email with a pin code thinking it was spam...
This particular pin code was for past guests, so if you were a past guest you may or may not have received one. if you want you can call Disney and ask if there is a pin code attached to your name and if there is they will happily give you the discount. Cant hurt to ask.
Ours came via email from Disney Destinations and it always lands in my husbands spam folder so he keeps an eye out.

This particular pin code was for past guests, so if you were a past guest you may or may not have received one. if you want you can call Disney and ask if there is a pin code attached to your name and if there is they will happily give you the discount. Cant hurt to ask.
Ours came via email from Disney Destinations and it always lands in my husbands spam folder so he keeps an eye out.

Thank you! I checked my spam folder and OMG I GOT ONE!!!!!

food for thought here. We loved AOA, stayed there twice as a family of 5 in 2014 and 2015. at the times we paid 279 a night and 320 a night (forget the package name). Looked at staying there in 2020, not a chance, rack rate for the same time 505 a night average. List of places that are CHEAPER for a family of 5 to stay at is not limited to, but includes: Beach club, Yacht club, board walk, wilderness lodge villas, and Contemporary is only 10 more a night. That's insanity. I love AOA, but there's just no way we could ever stay there again.

I hear ya. We're a party of 5 and we've stayed at AoA four times so far and have our 5th visit booked for next June. Every time we've stayed there, we could have gotten a standard room for 5 at certain deluxe resorts for about the same price (within $25/night). But when we sat down and looked at the pros & cons of switching, we still stayed with AoA because we realized we weren't really comparing apples to apples...we were only comparing the base price. Two of our kids are over the age of 18 so we would have had to add the extra adult fees to the price of the room (AoA doesn't charge that fee in the suites). We also weren't willing to give up the extra square footage that the suite offers over a standard room. And we like having a separate Master Suite away from the "kids". The kitchenette with microwave is a nice bonus as we often eat breakfast in the room before heading out to the parks. And last, but certainly not least (in fact, it's probably the biggest reason), we weren't willing to give up the second bathroom. So while AoA isn't an inexpensive resort, it's suites do provide "value" to many families. Maybe once we're down to traveling with 1 or 2 "kids", we'll switch to a standard room at a Deluxe resort, but for now we'll stick with a suite.

And just to keep with the topic of the thread... We booked our suite at AoA in August for a June 2020 trip. I checked a few minutes ago and the price is still exactly the same as when we booked.

There is a cheerleading event the weekend of Feb 6 through the 9, 2020. 30,000+ cheerleaders, coaches, sponsors and families. I needed 4 rooms at FQ and booked them back in July, now there are none available. Most of the Wanna Get Away flights on Southwest are gone. A friend just got one of the last cheapest flight. We are checking in on 4th and out on the 12th. The periodically have cheer events at ESPN from February through May.

Rates are ridiculous for 2020 it seems.

Seems like they jacked the rates RIGHT before the discounts came up so it looks like you are getting a great deal (ala Kohls.

I looked at Port Orleans FQ for the same week (last weekend in March) and the DISCOUNTED 2020 rate is $100/night more than the AP discount for a Preferred room I played in 2019.

That is insane.

I enjoy Disney resorts, but these hotels are not worth $300/night unless they include park tickets.
WDW has lost their minds! But the moderates aren’t worth even $200/night. As much as I enjoy POR. In comparison I went to Universal 2x this year, because I couldn’t stomach WDW rip off.
We paid $219/night for a deluxe in May, and $248 for another deluxe in Sept. And deluxe stays at Universal gets you unlimited express pass. Oh, and transportation is not shared even if other resorts are near by.

Also got a PIN code in the mail yesterday as well (first one in years, for me) for APR/MAY/JUNE of next year. Don't think I could squeeze a trip in, though. If I could, it would have to be either Easter week or around Memorial Day - dates that are probably blacked out.

It's been a long time since I've seen such wide-spread reports here on the boards of people getting PIN codes. I think it says a lot about where they are with their occupancy/attendance.

Also got a PIN code in the mail yesterday as well (first one in years, for me) for APR/MAY/JUNE of next year. Don't think I could squeeze a trip in, though. If I could, it would have to be either Easter week or around Memorial Day - dates that are probably blacked out.

It's been a long time since I've seen such wide-spread reports here on the boards of people getting PIN codes. I think it says a lot about where they are with their occupancy/attendance.

I think numbers must be way down. I'm really curious to hear those Q4 numbers at the earnings report in November.

Almost everyone I know who has been in the last few years got the APR/MAY/JUNE PIN code. Our trips are January and July, so it didn't help us at all.

We got the PIN code in the mail as well. It's been several months (maybe a year) since we've gotten one either through email or snail mail.

Me too. I have gotten a bunch in the last month. Maybe because I was looking at a room while on their website so had something in my “basket” but didn’t proceed with the booking?!?

I think this highlights the problem. I just ran rate

Well .. they are a still a Value ..... compared to $500/night Deluxe rooms.

I definitely could see a rebranding of the Disney hotels considering the lines are pretty gray now.

Pop, AoA, and CBR have potentially better/faster transportation options than some of the Deluxe resorts, but dont have the amenities or room sizes of Moderates/Deluxe.

I just ran prices firmed a single night in their promo period and it definitely needs to be rebranded. The All Stars are still value @ $130/night. Surprisingly Pop wasn’t too much more at $145. For the updated rooms and the skyliner, I don’t think $15/night is an unreasonable upcharge.

Here’s where it gets wonky. AoA is $425/night. Yea, it’s a suite and it’s a good amount of space, but you could stay at animal kingdom - a deluxe for $330/night. It’s not a one bedroom though, that’ll run you $550/night. Comparitivley a Pop lockout for $290 /night total for two rooms.

At those price points, AoA clearly sits between a value and deluxe as a moderate resort and should really be branded as such. We all knew it was a deal before, seems Disney caught on too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter