Did DC Trainer for a day

grumpott

Earning My Ears
I tried for four months to get info on DC trainer for a day and had no luck on these boards so I'm going to relate our recent experience. We were met when we arrived and were handed off to different trainers, first we prepared food for the birds and went to the aviary and fed and counted the birds. Next we fed tropical fish, then observed the sharks up close and fed the barracuda. From there we had the dolphin encounter that everyone has and broke for lunch. Then we were taken to feed and let out the small mammals. It was amazing to hold the young anteaters and sloths, they were unbelievably cute. From there we were handed off to some dolphin trainers and were taken to the pens in back where the dolphins are kept. This was the most exciting part of the day as we were able to help train several dolphins with new tricks. Then the trainers asked us to get in the water for what she called a Mach 7 ride. In the regular dolphin encounter, you hold on as the dolphin slowly tows you while your picture is taken. I'd compare the Mach 7 ride we took to when you first learn to water-ski, fall, and forget to let go of the rope. Their power was indescribable! We were given the last hour of the day to do whatever and we used that time to snorkle in the tropical fish lagoon. This was ultimately one of the most incredible days we've ever had.

grumpott,

can you give me some idea of what the cost was for this program at discovery cove...my daughter did this at sea world and I believe we paid around $300 or a little more...I always wished I had done this program with her after listening to her talk about it...maybe I will try this one.
thanks!

The only way we were able to justify it was that it was our honeymoon. I don't remember exactly how much, I just know it was between $700 and $800 for my bride and me.

thought u said 'i guess i will start STARVING!' gosh, that's how i know its time to head off to bed!!! glad to know u are saving tho, vs starving!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter