Did I make a mistake?

I want to preface my response by stating I've never stayed at any of those resorts, only All-Stars and Pop; However, I have visited these resorts. I think you need to prioritize travel convenience the most based on what I'm reading about your family's vacation style. My family does not need to head back to the resort for the pool, shower, or naps, so we don't mind choosing All-Stars/further located hotels. I would have to agree with @_auroraborealis_ .

Well, thanks everyone for all of the helpful information. We've decided to stick with AKL. At one poster's suggestion I showed my daughter a picture of the BWI clown pool and, without any prompting, she kinda freaked out. I think we'll be fine going to and from the more distant parks. The daughter is 7 now, she's getting a little old for a stroller anyway, so we probably won't have to deal with that and the busses. Now that the voice of the forum has spoken, I feel much more confident in my decision to switch to AKL. Thanks a lot.

Good for you! The AKL is gorgeous!!! You are the closest to our favorite breakfast on property, Boma. It's really fun to wake up and see the animals right outside your room. I think your family will truly enjoy it! Have a magical vacation!

Good choice on AKL, I would just add that they are the friendliest CM's I have ever encountered. We are staying here in June based on how they treated me on my resort hopping day during our last vacation. While at the Yacht Club they would not let me into the pool area to look around and take pictures. I get to AKL they cheerfully invite me into the pool area and even arrange for me to take a tour of the rooms there.

But he is a such a friendly clown.......
It’s funny because I checked out Boardwalk while deciding where to stay in Feb and I think it looks great but that clown is not my fave! It wouldn’t stop me from staying there personally but I know people who are actually really scared of them!

It’s funny because I checked out Boardwalk while deciding where to stay in Feb and I think it looks great but that clown is not my fave! It wouldn’t stop me from staying there personally but I know people who are actually really scared of them!

When we stayed there, i spent quite a bit of time sitting at the pool bar and looking at that clown. Never bothered me at all. Last day we had an hour to spare before ME came to pick us up and me and the wife went down for one final cocktail. She remarked that our daughter wouldn't like it (she is 28 years old). I did tell my wife that I thought it reminded me of my boss. Got back to work three days later and my boss had been fired while I was away. So, every time I see that clown, it brings back memories of the worst boss I have ever had so I have to smile.

In your situation, I would have booked BWI. No debate. The location is the best. That, to me, is extremely important. I hated the transportation at WL even though it was my favorite resort for a time. I just can't deal with "just buses or mostly buses" when paying for a Deluxe. The BWI has much larger rooms and better recreational activities and dining in the vicinity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter