Did I miss a Pete rant on MNSSHP?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
Maybe I imagined it, but I thought Pete did the daily update a few days ago and promised an upcoming DIS Unplugged review of MNSSHP where he was going to have a lot of complaints. I was looking forward to it. Did I miss it somewhere?

Wow - great video of MNSSHP, Phil Kelly - tried to "@"you here, but not coming up, and no idea what your handle might be otherwise. But great work, even if you never see this! :)

We did the MVMCP back on Nov. 28 and found the crowds were out of control for that party as well. They did make an announcement that night that it was sold out. The place was packed, lines were long and it was not something I felt was worth the money. We were actually in the MK all day that day (we were only down for 4 days), and the lines were longer during the party than during the rest of the day. Unfortunately not something I will look to do in the future.

We did the MVMCP back on Nov. 28 and found the crowds were out of control for that party as well. They did make an announcement that night that it was sold out. The place was packed, lines were long and it was not something I felt was worth the money. We were actually in the MK all day that day (we were only down for 4 days), and the lines were longer during the party than during the rest of the day. Unfortunately not something I will look to do in the future.

We did MNSSHP on the 24th and I essentially agree with your statements and Pete's. I absolutely hated it and think Disney should be ashamed of themselves for calling that a special event!

I will not be attending again.

We did MNSSHP on the 24th and I essentially agree with your statements and Pete's. I absolutely hated it and think Disney should be ashamed of themselves for calling that a special event!

I will not be attending again.
I did MNSSHP last year and it was pretty rough. Mine train was over 70 mins and even POTC and HM were 45. I’m giving it one last shot this year but based on what Pete and others have said, it’s not looking good. Shame on Disney for overselling.

I did MNSSHP last year and it was pretty rough. Mine train was over 70 mins and even POTC and HM were 45. I’m giving it one last shot this year but based on what Pete and others have said, it’s not looking good. Shame on Disney for overselling.

It wasn't as bad last year, but at 11:00pm peter pans flight had 30 minute wait, space mountain 40 minutes, ect.

Doesn't hurt to give it a shot!

so after hearing this , where should that leave me for first night of mvmcp? It's my only chance to go this year (I went to one in the past) so I can't read reviews then decide after. Should I cancel? Yes, I've done it before. But I don't want to go back if the experience will be similar to pete's at halloween parties this year. And he went to more then one. Need advice.

so after hearing this , where should that leave me for first night of mvmcp? It's my only chance to go this year (I went to one in the past) so I can't read reviews then decide after. Should I cancel? Yes, I've done it before. But I don't want to go back if the experience will be similar to pete's at halloween parties this year. And he went to more then one. Need advice.
Yes, cancel. I really wish I hadn't done the Aug. 24th MNSSHP this year.

this is so disappointing....
Yep. A big appeal of the hard ticket events is that they used to offer a level of access that you couldn't get during regular park hours. If that is no longer true because they have significantly increased the number of tickets they sell for each one, then that appeal is no longer there. Yes there is a special parade and stage show, but if you're packed in like sardines (especially in 90+ degree weather), is that really worth it?

Pete mentioned to save your money.. and it’s better used for Disney After Hours... I agree, than you wonder if they will start over selling that .. I hope not for the people that attend ..he seemed almost pained to say that that they should probably raise the ticket price .. which is understandable but unfortunately accurate

no after hrs. on my dates for november or i would switch. there's also fw at xmas party too in addition to the parade....idk...

he seemed almost pained to say that that they should probably raise the ticket price .. which is understandable but unfortunately accurate
They need to do some combination of raising the price and reducing the number of tickets sold. I find it difficult to believe that those events aren't a cash cow for them, which is why they keep adding more and more. I just think they're getting too greedy and selling more tickets which is making the events less enjoyable for those who shell out the money to attend.

They need to do some combination of raising the price and reducing the number of tickets sold. I find it difficult to believe that those events aren't a cash cow for them, which is why they keep adding more and more. I just think they're getting too greedy and selling more tickets which is making the events less enjoyable for those who shell out the money to attend.

I agree. I think even a %50 price increase would probably not deter too many people. It will interesting to see if the crowds deter anyone from going next. I for one will not be attending next year. It was the most crowded night of the entire trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!