Did they change the F! seating/standing situation?

midnight star

DIS Veteran
I looked through recent F! threads but cannot find my answer. Did they change the F! viewing sections recently? Last weekend my friend and I got fast passes, and were told it was standing only, we were tired, so we just left. Back in November when I saw F! with a fast pass, I was seated on the ground up near the railing. I assumed this was the fastpass section, and the dining packages were seated somewhere else. Last weekend, the dining package people were there. Is fast pass standing only now? Did they change something?

I'm not sure. We entered in The Riverbelle boat side like I did in November, and got seated. But this time we never got seated, and there was a ton a people! Even if we did get seated, no way we would all fit. We were tired, so we just left lol And I asked a CM and she said fastpass was standing, and they have to "fit as many people as possible"...so yeah that's why I wanted to know if they changed something? Such a different experience.

We've seen the show twice with a FP and were told we would have to stand. Both times were during the summer and we were packed in like sardines.

I looked through recent F! threads but cannot find my answer. Did they change the F! viewing sections recently? Last weekend my friend and I got fast passes, and were told it was standing only, we were tired, so we just left. Back in November when I saw F! with a fast pass, I was seated on the ground up near the railing. I assumed this was the fastpass section, and the dining packages were seated somewhere else. Last weekend, the dining package people were there. Is fast pass standing only now? Did they change something?

I'm not sure. We entered in The Riverbelle boat side like I did in November, and got seated. But this time we never got seated, and there was a ton a people! Even if we did get seated, no way we would all fit. We were tired, so we just left lol And I asked a CM and she said fastpass was standing, and they have to "fit as many people as possible"...so yeah that's why I wanted to know if they changed something? Such a different experience.

It sounds like you go lucky in November and were allowed into the Riverbelle reserved viewing section. The railings are where all the dining package viewing areas are. Blue Bayou is centred on the stage, Riverbelle is to right of Blue Bayou. Anyone in the railing sections sit on the ground.

The Fastpass sections are standing and are behind the dining viewing sections. The second time you were placed in the correct Fastpass section. And yes the CM is correct, the Fastpass is standing to fit as many people as possible.

Now you see why so many of us do the dining packages, to get into those seated viewing sections by the railings.

I think that whether you sit or stand in that free FP section next to RBT reserved depends on how crowded CMs expect the area to be. Many people report being able to sit if they are among the first groups to enter the free FP area. But we've had reports that when the show (first show?) is very crowded, everyone is asked to stand.

The number of FP they issue (it can be increased on crowded days) and number of people who buy the dining packages determines the size of the dining package area and if that area will be separated by restaurant or combined seating. If in the morning, there's still reservations for Blue Bayou, FP is probably going to be seated in the front right. But if even Hungry Bear packages are sold out, FP is going to be standing only.

Second show and slower days are more likely to be seated.

It sounds like you go lucky in November and were allowed into the Riverbelle reserved viewing section. The railings are where all the dining package viewing areas are. Blue Bayou is centred on the stage, Riverbelle is to right of Blue Bayou. Anyone in the railing sections sit on the ground.

The Fastpass sections are standing and are behind the dining viewing sections. The second time you were placed in the correct Fastpass section. And yes the CM is correct, the Fastpass is standing to fit as many people as possible.

Now you see why so many of us do the dining packages, to get into those seated viewing sections by the railings.
Maybe I did get lucky! We had fastpasses for the 9 pm showing, and got seated near the railing. Downside on that day was we waited quite a bit, but since we sat and had a great view I was ok. I'm thinking about doing a dining package in late June when we come for SWGE. Only problem is I am not sure if my aunt will want to sit on the ground. I know Riverbelle you can sit on chairs, but she isn't a fan of that place...we will see! She has never seen F!

Ours was second show. Maybe that makes a difference.
We did first show in November and were seated. I know the 2nd show is less crowded,I'm just exhausted by then. lol

I think that whether you sit or stand in that free FP section next to RBT reserved depends on how crowded CMs expect the area to be. Many people report being able to sit if they are among the first groups to enter the free FP area. But we've had reports that when the show (first show?) is very crowded, everyone is asked to stand.
Makes sense. When I think back to November, we were the first to line up to redeem our fastpass, and towards the front of the line, so maybe they did allow us to sit because of that? I was just making sure I wasn't going crazy. The system seemed so different compared to November. Wasn't sure if maybe F! being added to maxpass made them issue more and therefore the area got more crowded. I'll try staying for the late show next time and see how it goes. I want to try the dining package for fun if my aunt comes with me, because I know waiting and being crammed liked that in the fastpass section just won't go well with her.

... I'm thinking about doing a dining package in late June when we come for SWGE. Only problem is I am not sure if my aunt will want to sit on the ground. I know Riverbelle you can sit on chairs, but she isn't a fan of that place...we will see! She has never seen F!
Since you have seen F! with a great, up close view, read this review of the RBT Premium Package (see post #83) and compare the view to see if it will be what you want for the price: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-premium-seating.3650163/page-5#post-59623041. This is from a reliable poster and helped make up my mind on this package. Would the cushion from BB help your aunt at all? It's not a plush cushion, but it does help a little and you could add a hoodie or jacket for extra comfort. Plus, the cushion is cute!

Since you have seen F! with a great, up close view, read this review of the RBT Premium Package (see post #83) and compare the view to see if it will be what you want for the price: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-premium-seating.3650163/page-5#post-59623041. This is from a reliable poster and helped make up my mind on this package. Would the cushion from BB help your aunt at all? It's not a plush cushion, but it does help a little and you could add a hoodie or jacket for extra comfort. Plus, the cushion is cute!
Read some of the responses...I would not be ok if they made me sit in the back..especially when I've seen the show up close for free. Thanks for that. Hmm, ok. I will need to ask her. Also recently I went to RBT for dinner with my friend and her sister. While the service was nice, the food was not that great. Especially when the day before we had Carthay Restaurant (which was OUTSTANDING food and service wise), and about a month prior had breakfast at Napa Rose (also AMAZING food and service), it just didn't compare. If I am going to pay for a dining package, I want to make sure the food is edible, and the view is good lol. I'll look into the BB one and see if I can convince her to watch the show lol. If not, I might just do it myself just for fun.

Read some of the responses...I would not be ok if they made me sit in the back..especially when I've seen the show up close for free. Thanks for that. Hmm, ok. I will need to ask her. Also recently I went to RBT for dinner with my friend and her sister. While the service was nice, the food was not that great. Especially when the day before we had Carthay Restaurant (which was OUTSTANDING food and service wise), and about a month prior had breakfast at Napa Rose (also AMAZING food and service), it just didn't compare. If I am going to pay for a dining package, I want to make sure the food is edible, and the view is good lol. I'll look into the BB one and see if I can convince her to watch the show lol. If not, I might just do it myself just for fun.
if your aunt is fine with waiting for a while/long time, people sit at the front tables to the right (facing the water) of the RBT patio (the ones for Stage Door Cafe closest to RBT) to watch F!. That view is just as so-so as the "Premium" Package, but at least the view is free. And some people have reported that they have been able to stand in the very back row of the reserved viewing areas if they are not blocking anyone else's view -- YMMV, it depends on the CMs that night.

Last edited:
Maybe for the second show, you might have the chance to sit. But you'd have to be extremely lucky. The last few years, a F!FP means close to nothing, as you'll have to stand off to the side or behind the main crowd, fighting to keep your spot for about an hour before the main show, and then standing the whole presentation. It's just "lovely". Ever since the money-grubbing Disney Execs decided to allow you to sit for F! only if you spend a wad of cash more for an already over-priced, near-tasteless meal, F! has become a very skip-able event.

It used to be the dining package folks had the center section of the seating area. Now it's the whole promenade, ushering those of us who only paid a measly $120 to get in to the sides and the back of the bus. But it's alright. I'm over it. Totally ok now. :snooty:

Maybe for the second show, you might have the chance to sit. But you'd have to be extremely lucky. The last few years, a F!FP means close to nothing, as you'll have to stand off to the side or behind the main crowd, fighting to keep your spot for about an hour before the main show, and then standing the whole presentation. It's just "lovely". Ever since the money-grubbing Disney Execs decided to allow you to sit for F! only if you spend a wad of cash more for an already over-priced, near-tasteless meal, F! has become a very skip-able event.

It used to be the dining package folks had the center section of the seating area. Now it's the whole promenade, ushering those of us who only paid a measly $120 to get in to the sides and the back of the bus. But it's alright. I'm over it. Totally ok now. :snooty:
:rotfl: haha! I'm not a big fan of paying for shows myself. Which is why my first time seeing F! I opted for the free fastpass. Judging by everyone's responses, we got very lucky to get a fastpass to the first show and get seated right by the railing (seriously, we were close enough to get mist on us). And this was on the Saturday when the Christmas stuff started, so it was pretty busy, I feel. But I know for a fact, that my aunt would not be ok with standing and waiting, and being crammed to the side. So I'm looking into the dining packages. If she doesn't want to do it, I think sometime this summer, I'll try one just for fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!