Did US/IOA Saturday-awesome, oh and FP+ that night.

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
DA was indeed incredible. Stepping into the movie itself really, still wish it was an entire park though.

Gringotts was super cool and inventive-would have loved a "side B" that turns off into a thrill ride coaster section though.

FJ may still be a bit better IMO, the train was cool-but really only if you can tie it into the movies/books, then it is a very nice addition.

Butter Beer is way better than L Brew IMO-but I have a very sweet tooth.

Transformers a bit too identical to Spidey but very good as well.

Most everything was an hour plus (except we hit Transformers and Mummy going in at about 30 min ea, train wasn't too bad either) so we did wait far more in lines than any at WDW, but we only did a few rides a day almost always with FP+. The WDW shows/parades/fireworks/dining/drinks/atmosphere things were amazing enough alone.

Anyway we did hit RNR and TOT and Fantasmic that evening with no wait for one amazing end to an awesome day.

1f3fad74-eeae-41ea-9670-774a49b5b16b.jpg

IMG_5480.png

Did the MK NYE Preview Midnight fireworks on the 30th-soo good.

Had the big 3 FP+ scheduled before.

20141230_211038.jpg

NY at EPCOT was so much fun, very packed but a breeze walking 5 min to/from BC.

Did TT FP+ after the fireworks to be safe.

20141231_220729.jpg

NY Day we hit the Citrus Bowl (skipped fishing until DSIL comes along this spring) to watch a rare Gophers Bowl, MIZU pulled away at the end though, but a great time for sure, followed by FP+ that night at DHS. Indy was pretty fun after about 10 years skipping it.

20150101_130302.jpg

IMG_5452.png

Clearwater Beach last Monday followed by DHS FP+.

f60d5ad6-5a39-4179-8a55-fcb124f4a6d4.png

20141229_201644.jpg

BC is still the best part of it all, just love that place and location.

899eb35b-7b41-4e52-9de2-3a4b355c4eb3.jpg

Sounds awesome!

I've seen pictures of DA and it just looks incredible. The kids are just now getting into HP, there was a movie marathon on over the holidays so we watched the first 3 movies. I can't wait to see it in person eventually, I think we'll all really like it.

Sounds awesome!

I've seen pictures of DA and it just looks incredible. The kids are just now getting into HP, there was a movie marathon on over the holidays so we watched the first 3 movies. I can't wait to see it in person eventually, I think we'll all really like it.

Yep, hoping WDW is countering going forward.

As good as it is/was, its still kinda one day for us and done. So it is an expensive day, but having FP+ for that evening actually makes it even a better day-kinda weird I guess, plus we prefer WDW deluxe over UNI resorts.

Jade, you were there last week? We were there Tuesday thru this past Monday. Had I known, I would have gotten you a butter beer!

Jade, you were there last week? We were there Tuesday thru this past Monday. Had I known, I would have gotten you a butter beer!

Yep, and I would have gladly swallowed it. Very tasty. :goodvibes

REALLY excited to be at US in 14 days! Your picture of *London* looks amazing!

Yep, hoping WDW is countering going forward. As good as it is/was, its still kinda one day for us and done. So it is an expensive day, but having FP+ for that evening actually makes it even a better day-kinda weird I guess, plus we prefer WDW deluxe over UNI resorts.

The expense is one of the reasons we haven't gone yet. With our DVC discount AP our days at WDW are much less expensive.

I think the what Uni has done with the HP franchise is terrific - and the competition will push WDW into bigger and better things as well.

I know what you mean about having the FP+ makes it an even better day. We're leaving tomorrow :) and we're doing lots of park hopping and I know it's going to be nice having our 2nd park FPs to look forward to.

Yep, hoping WDW is countering going forward.

As good as it is/was, its still kinda one day for us and done. So it is an expensive day, but having FP+ for that evening actually makes it even a better day-kinda weird I guess, plus we prefer WDW deluxe over UNI resorts.

That's what keeps us from staying onsite at Universal as well - the expense for a one day park. We just go for the HP area, and now we have to buy a two park ticket so we can go on Hogwarts Express. Not willing to pay that extra $$$ yet, but maybe next trip. We definitely want to do it, but that extra cost is hard to accept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter