Did we mess up?

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
I kept pushing my family to book our tickets from JFK to San Fran... yesterday it was $350 to fly on December 23rd... At night it was up to $550... today it's close to $800 for ONE WAY. Anyone have experience flying NY to San Fran/Cali? Any idea if it'll come back down? Any good site for tracking price or predicting it? Google doesn't seem to predict anymore

I kept pushing my family to book our tickets from JFK to San Fran... yesterday it was $350 to fly on December 23rd... At night it was up to $550... today it's close to $800 for ONE WAY. Anyone have experience flying NY to San Fran/Cali? Any idea if it'll come back down? Any good site for tracking price or predicting it? Google doesn't seem to predict anymore

Sometimes going into incognito mode makes a difference, but I'm seeing plenty of flights from the New York area to SFO. They seem especially cheap out of Newark, like $200.

If you clean your cache, go Incognito, or use a different browser, that should yield better options. Likely your cookie cache has it noted that you're looking so it's artificially inflated. The more you look, the higher the prices will likely go so clearing it will help you out.

I like viewing airline flights via Hipmunk but usually go straight to the airlines' website to book.

I like viewing airline flights via Hipmunk but usually go straight to the airlines' website to book.

I hadn't heard of Hipmunk before, but I checked it out and what I great site! Thanks for the mention, I'm adding this to my bookmarks!

Don't forget to check San Jose and Oakland airports as well. San Jose and SFO are only about 30 miles apart. Oakland is the same distance, just across the Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!