Did we not get our personalized vacation book?

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
When we went to WDW in 2012 and 2014 after booking our MYW vacation we got a packet sent to us in the mail with a personalized vacation book that had our name and resort info and conformation number printed on it, also in the back I think it had a Dumbo magnet that had your important dates to remember printed on it. I know on the 2014 one it had the Incredibles on the cover. For this vacation we booked in November of 2017 for our October 2018 trip because they had a promo going on where you'd get a limited edition Disney Parks Magic Band. So about a month after booking we got our box that had our 3 magic bands and 3 luggage tags in it, but we never got that booklet or anything else. Are other people still receiving that?

That’s weird. We booked in February for June and got the booklet right away. The magic bands and luggage tags came at right about 25 days out from our trip.

you should definitely call customer service.
it may not seem like a big deal to some, but i honestly love the booklet and magnet they give out.:earboy2:

you should definitely call customer service.
it may not seem like a big deal to some, but i honestly love the booklet and magnet they give out.:earboy2:
Yea me too. It's not like it is going to ruin our vacation if we don't get it, but I wish we did. I wonder who I could ask at Disney about it.

I booked a FD BB last September for this December and I have not received my personalized booklet as of yet.
I honestly don't care if I get it but your thread just made me think about it.
Meanwhile I booked a vacation package in November last year for February this year and I received my booklet fairly quickly after booking.

We booked the day free dining came out and our book came in the mail today. Thank goodness I intercepted it before the kids saw it. Totally would have ruined our surprise! We did not get a magnet.

We got our book right away. First time booking a vacation. I don't think we got a magnet but I'd have to double check again.

So I found our Dumbo magnet we got (it was on our refrigerator, where else), it was from our 2014 vacation so they probably just don't include that anymore. I called yesterday and spoke with a cast member to see if they might know why we didn't get the booklet . They were friendly as usual and I don't think they knew exactly but they said since we booked in November when they had a promotion going on that gave us limited edition magic bands that were sent out only a couple of weeks later in December that it caused the book getting sent out to be skipped over since magic bands typically aren't sent out until a month or so before arrival.
image1.jpeg

We booked 10 months ago for a September trip. We did not get a booklet either but we are booked at a DVC hotel this time around and I thought that might be way. We booked it with Disney direct ( vs using someone's points ) but did not get one. We also didn't get the email telling us about the renovations at the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool even though I've called a few times to make sure the email and address were correct.

Not every reservation will get a booklet. It's random. And calling disney won't get you one if you are calling after you made your reservation. I was told the booklets are sent out by a 3rd party and there is no way to request one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!