Did we over plan?

donnaf516

DIS Veteran
Monday is my 180, and I think we're all set...but did we over plan?

Saturday Arrival
Counter service lunch at MGM, or whatever its called now
Dinner at Prime time cafe

Sunday
Cape May Cafe breakfast
Counter service lunch in Epcot
Dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Monday
Supercalafragilastic breakfast
Counter service lunch at AK
Dinner at Chef Mickeys

Tuesday
Grand gathering breakfast at Tony's
Counter service lunch at MK
Castle Cindy dinner

Wednesday
Holleywood & Vine breakfast
Counter service lunch at MGM
Fantasmic dinner package???

Thursday
Breakfast in room or counter
Coral Reef lunch
Hoop-de-do Dinner

Friday
Crystal Palace breakfast
BBB...first am appt, I hope :worship:
Whispering Canyon (DH birthday pick)

Saturday
Breakfast at Ohana's
Tony's Town Square for dinner

Sunday - departure day...
Do you normally do a park for 1/2 day on the day you leave?

...and what do you think of our picks? Myself (32) dh(35 bday at wdw) ds (8) dd(3)

That is a lot of Food each day. Pretty ambitious. Is that during the free dining period??? During August I would allow some flexibility with all the heat

You are just like me!!! I ALWAYS plan like this and have never regretted it! We love good food and love TS meals. I'm a huge planner...like to know everything we are doing in advance. We always get the Dxdp, so it's a must for us to have it planned out. I like your choice of restaurants, too. TS meals are our way of relaxing during a very busy day. Your plan looks great to me. You will not be disappointed with your choices!!

Happy Planning!:banana:

We're on the deluxe plan.:banana: Still hoping for a free dining announcement so we can just pay the upgrade difference, but either way we're doing the deluxe. I too think it may be a little too much food, but agree that table service is a nice way to relax and enjoy. :thumbsup2

My DH might not feel the same way since he paid but my feeling is that we don't need to finish every meal.

When can I make a ressi for the BBB and pirate makover thing? :confused: My daughter and I wil go to bbb while the boys head over to the priate thing. I'm REALLY hoping we can get first am appts!:woohoo:

I don't think its bad to overplan. There is nothing worse than standing in the middle of the park saying, "Where do you want to eat?" "I don't know, where do you want to eat?" "I don't care, you pick" etc.

However, personally we would never be able to eat all that. If we did the full breakfast each morning, we wouldn't be hungry before dinner again. So we would be skipping all of those counter service lunches.

Are you on the Deluxe plan trying to use up credits? If not, just be flexible if you feel like skipping something. I bet you will see you won't be hungry at lunch time.

Maggie

Thanks for the feedback

I'm 100% fine with skipping some counter service lunches. I planned it this way so if we want to head back to the hotel during the day for a nap/swim we can.

I can't wait for the Hoop-de-do!! Last time I went I was about 12 years old! There's part of a song that has been stuck in my head for all this time....oh my darling Clementine, when I kissed her littler sister I forgot my Clementine!

Monday
Supercalafragilastic breakfast
Counter service lunch at AK
Dinner at Chef Mickey

Do you normally do a park for 1/2 day on the day you leave?

I think your plans sounded really good. Eating at Cape May and then entered Epcot was a good choice to save you travel time. We usually do the late breakfast Princess breakfast at Akershus, but I will keep this in mine for DHS. Monday seems to be your most scattered travel day with ADRs.

We do not do a theme park on the day we arrive or the day we leave. We have a 13-14 hour drive, so usually do an early lunch or late breakfast, shop at DTD, and then go on the road.

I think your dining plans sound fine too. Esp for summer in FL and two little ones in tow. If nothing else you will welcome the down time -- for all. ;)

When can I make a ressi for the BBB and pirate makover thing? :confused: My daughter and I wil go to bbb while the boys head over to the priate thing. I'm REALLY hoping we can get first am appts!:woohoo:

Once again...we have the same plans! My daughter and I will be going to BBB, while DH and two sons do Pirates League. You can make ressies 180 out...we actually got an 8am appt for BBB. The boys will be at Pirates League around 9am on the same day, then we will be eating at Cinderellas RT for lunch. Just be sure to call first thing in the morning. Good luckpixiedust:

It's an ambitious plan, but if it works for you, there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm so excited that I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! :surfweb:

Once the ressies are made I'm not sure what I'll do with myself for the next 6 months! I'm thinking I might make each day a different character. I guess I can start ordering "character of the day" attire for the family.:idea: DH will LOVE that!

What do you do to keep planning after the ADRs are done? :confused3

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm so excited that I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! :surfweb:

Once the ressies are made I'm not sure what I'll do with myself for the next 6 months! I'm thinking I might make each day a different character. I guess I can start ordering "character of the day" attire for the family.:idea: DH will LOVE that!

What do you do to keep planning after the ADRs are done? :confused3

I would like to suggest that if you want to do a running theme and are crafty, you might appreciate some of the really wicked cool designs that can be found here on the DIS. Check out the Creative DISigns board! http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Things to do until.....
I know that the Summer Nightastic details haven't dropped yet, so I will be keeping my eyes open for changes to the official calendar for August.
I will be scheduling our 5 dogs for boarding.
I will be taking the dogs to get bordatella boosters before we go.
I will be stockpiling rain ponchos from Dollar Tree, since we will be going during the summer and it rains practically every day for at least a few minutes.
I will be stockpiling sunscreen and high SPF chapstick.
I will be stockpiling anti-chafing gel.
I will be booking the scooter that I will need to use during our stay.
I will be trying to figure out if we are going to pin trade or not and if so how to do it in the heat without wearing a lanyard or having to juggle a bulky pin book.
I will be making tip envelopes for our waitstaff and mousekeepers.
I will be turning in reward program points for gift cards for gas.
I will be getting my car serviced with the remaining parts of the big 30,000 mile service before we go, since some parts got done a little early and other parts are ok to wait just a bit longer.
I will be reading the boards and watching for changes in the way things work, so that I arrive prepared and can have a totally relaxed vacation. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter