Did you Date in High School

Yes, dated only four guys in high school.

The first for 2-1/2 years

Second for 6 months

Third for 6 months

Then DH came along in March of my senior year and we were married that September, just celebrated our 43rd anniversary 3 months ago. :love:

Yep, started when I was Freshman. As a senior I worked part time after school at a bank, I was going out with a divorced woman and girls in college. It was a "target rich" environment.

I wouldn’t call it dating but I had boyfriends. Always the bad boy who was older and didn’t go to school. The longest was on and off again from 15-19. Damn near made the mistake of marrying him. Came to my senses and married the first nice guy I ever got involved with and here we are nearly 30 years later.

Yes. I never dated anyone long term though. High School was about variety and just having fun, not committing to anyone for life in my opinion.

Even my 20's was about focusing on my career so I just dated a few months at a time and moved on. No way I wanted anything long term until into my 30's. I liked the freedom to travel, take jobs anywhere in the country I wanted, and having nothing besides myself to really worry about.

Nope. But I wasn't very mentally mature in High School. And looking back, my classmates who were dating in High School always seemed to be caught up in some drama because of it.
But started dating my Freshman year of College. Guess being away from home changed things.

Dating was my hobby. Back then, there was nothing odd about going out with a guy a few times and no more, just moving on to someone else if you didn't really hit it off. I did date a few guys for longer stretches of time. Did the same thing in college, but married the guy I started dating my senior year of college.

Dating as in, going out with diferent guys on diferent nights to get to know them, no----I would have liked to, but that simply was not done in my highschool.

I did have three relationships in my Junior and Senior years---each lasted 6-10 months, the last one stretching into my freshman year in college.

I met DH when we were in highschool, but we went to different schools and were both dating someone else when we met; we didn't start dating each other until miday through our freshman year in college. He was a friend date of our mutual friend for senior prom and six of us went as a group. So I almost, but not quite, went to prom with him.

Last edited:
I dated during my last two years of high school. It wasn't much to talk about though. I had just spent 9 years in Catholic schools with male/female segregated classes. I was awkward and shy, so was she so we had a good time together, but, mutually kept it platonic. Sorry no hot story there. Anyway, we were mentioned in the senior predictions as a couple that would grow old together. Then we went to separate colleges. I had to pay my way through college so by the time I did school work and held down a job for the income, I had no time to date anyone. We kind of drifted apart and she met another and before I knew it.. she was getting married. Still is in fact. After about 50 years we managed to make contact again. She lives in Conn. and I live in North Carolina, but, we both pass a lot of evenings playing Trivia Crack online and exchanging e-mails with very innocent back and forth conversations.

After I got back from Vietnam I took night division courses at the University of Vermont were I met the woman that would eventually be my wife for 29 years. We divorced, neither of us remarried, saw each other at family get together's with our daughters until her death two years ago. And that is about that. I dated a few years after my divorce, but, it just seemed to hard by that point and when I left Vermont 8 years ago, I felt to old to bother.

Yes. I never dated anyone long term though. High School was about variety and just having fun, not committing to anyone for life in my opinion.

Even my 20's was about focusing on my career so I just dated a few months at a time and moved on. No way I wanted anything long term until into my 30's. I liked the freedom to travel, take jobs anywhere in the country I wanted, and having nothing besides myself to really worry about.
This was me exactly. All of my friends with long term high school/college relationships guessed I’d be one of the first ones married, and I was. Starting dating DH right out of college, got married 6 quick years later. He, on the other hand, had one girlfriend all through high school, two long term in college (not at the same time), and we actually graduated high school together. My teenagers/young adults seem to take after their dad, serial long term daters, much to my dismay. Have fun with your friends!

Had a boyfriend for the majority of junior year, and started dating DH in spring of senior year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter