Did you/Do you have a non traditional lullaby/bed time song?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
My mom would always sing the Christmas song "Little Toy trains".
Didn't matter what time of year. That was the lullaby that calmed us and she liked singing it.

I made up words to the traditional Lullaby. And I would sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame because 1 - I knew all the words and 2 - I'm a huge baseball fan! ;)

I always sang the Catholic hymn 'I am the Bread of Life to my kids.

My mom and grandmother and then dh and I also sang 'Doe Di Doe Doe' to all babies. I learned not too long ago that it is a take off on a Cajun lullaby. That surprised me. Our family is not Cajun. But we live close to Cajun Country and our family has been here since 1699. So it very well could have been a French Canadian ancestor that started it and it followed through through the years.

I always sang the Catholic hymn 'I am the Bread of Life to my kids.

My mom and grandmother and then dh and I also sang 'Doe Di Doe Doe' to all babies. I learned not too long ago that it is a take off on a Cajun lullaby. That surprised me. Our family is not Cajun. But we live close to Cajun Country and our family has been here since 1699. So it very well could have been a French Canadian ancestor that started it and it followed through through the years.
I love I am the bread of life
Too bad I we barely sing it at church.
My mom sings here I am lord with the ABC's lol.

When DD was little, I would sing the Beatles "All My Loving" to her at bedtime.

I had a lullaby CD, and one of the songs was a lullaby version of We Will Rock You. Yes, the one by Queen. No, the words weren't changed at all.

I also made up my own lullaby, but that was very traditional.

The only song I remember my mom singing to me at bedtime was a song called, The Great Big Claw. :eek:

It came nearer, and nearer, and nearer, and nearer....we didn’t dare get up in the dark after she sang that song, so I guess it served it’s purpose. :hyper:

I sing it to my kids sometimes.

We sang "Should I Stay or Should I Go" when our son was going through the stage where he didn't want us to leave the room. :teeth: Over the years, we also sang Deep in the Hundred Acre Woods, pooh: You Are My Sunshine, Bob the Builder and many more that I can't remember any more.

My kids have a fine appreciation of Paul Simon (and Garfunkel) from their times as babies. I preferred Me and Juilio......and Loves Me Like A Rock, dh preferred The Boxer. We weren't traditional lullaby type parents, we just sang the songs we liked. Sometimes dh would even break out the guitar (accoustic).

We listen to daft punk’s “around the world” while getting the kids ready for bed because we love the kids to the moon and stars and back. They started saying to china, London, Paris, etc. and back so we started saying I love you around the world and back...ergo the “around the world” song. Then we read books and bed.

My oldest was obsessed with me singing to her at bedtime, so I have too many to count (and I can't sing, btw, lol.)

Then she always said "Crazy Train!" when I left the room (yes, the Ozzy song, it made an impression on her for whatever reason...)

She has grown up normally, lol, but still texts me "Crazy Train" from college as her goodnight to me every now and then.

My mom always sang "You Are My Sunshine". I sang it to my kids and now my granddaughter. I hope they have fond memories of it like I do when they grow older.

My parents liked folk music so I heard a lot of it growing up. I don't think I know any traditional lullabies. I sang several things to my kids when they were little. One of the songs I sang was "This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land."

Apparently in kindergarten, the kids learned that song in music class. The music teacher also had a child in my daughter's grade, so I saw her at some school event. She said "I introduced the song to the class and your daughter piped up and said 'Hey! This is my lullaby!" What's the story with that?!"

My husband used to sing Billy Idol's "White Wedding" to her. I guess it's good they didn't do *that* song in kindergarten music class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter