Did you/Do you have a non traditional lullaby/bed time song?

I used to sing my son the Aggie War Hymn from Texas A&M University when he was a baby.

My oldest didn't care if I sang to him or not. My middle son loved "Goodnight my Someone" but I changed the lyrics to include his name My youngest LOVED "Let It Go". He would throw a fit until I sang it.

I used to sing my son the Aggie War Hymn from Texas A&M University when he was a baby.
I sing LSU’s Hey Fightin’ Tigers to my son among other things. I also sing Hey Jude...his name is Jude. I don’t think I even know any traditional lullabies.

My Mom sang You Are My Sunshine to me all the time when I was very little. :love:

I sing that to my dd starting when I was still pregnant with her. She is 13 now and I still occasionally sing it to her and she rolls her eyes at me but I still sing it.

DS19 would always calm down, then fall asleep to, Bring Me Some Water by Melissa Etheridge. I can't even recall how we stumbled upon learning that---but it worked like a charm.

My oldest was a little more traditional with typically soothing songs---we sang just about everything on the Pooh Corner CD, and anythign calming and slow----Simon and Garfunkle, John Lennon, Disney tunes, whatever.

I would sing "St. Judy's Comet", by Paul Simon to my sons. It works perfectly as lullaby lol.

Also would sing "Twilight Time" by the Platters.

Good memories :goodvibes

When I put our son to bed he gets 3 books then 2 or 3 songs, none traditional. My rotation includes:

Swing On A Star
Long Black Veil
Ants Marching
If I Had A Boat
Typical Situation
And of course Don't Give A <edited> For The Whole State of Michigan.

My husband plays Queen music for the kids at bedtime.
Growing up my grandfather sang “Down in the meadow in an itty bitty pool...” to us, and that’s what I’ve always sand to my kids.
ETA:

My husband plays Queen music for the kids at bedtime.
Growing up my grandfather sang “Down in the meadow in an itty bitty pool...” to us, and that’s what I’ve always sand to my kids.
ETA:

I think you posted in this thread just because of your user name :lmao:

My son fell asleep to Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelberg. Even when I was pregnant with him it would calm him down.

Oldest daughter was You are My Sunshine.

My youngest daughter was my strange child. She loved I'm Looking Over My Dead Dog Rover. It put her right to sleep after 2 or 3 rounds of the song. I tried other songs but that was the only one that worked.

"Let the Sunshine In" -- not too untraditional.

"Farewell to Tarwathie" by Judy Collins was my favorite to sing to the kids.

Oh my gosh. No normal bedtimes songs for us. We had a medley of the theme song from the Beverly Hillbillies tv show, How Much is that Doggie in the window, You are my Sunshine, the song from Barney (I love you, You love me) and others. Oh and my oldest grandson's favorite was Delta Dawn (what's that flower you have on).

My mama used to sing me to sleep with an old folk song "Barbara Allen" real tearjerker there, lol.

These are all great! Brings back wonderful memories-
My husband sang Moon River to our daughter-and when she was married the band played it for their father-daughter dance. I had to re-do my makeup afterwards!

For our oldest it was Smashing Pumpkins Disarm, she still at 9 listens to it on repeat while she sleeps out youngest who is 4 listens to Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal to go to sleep.

I have always sang Baby Beluga (Raffi) whenever they are upset

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!