• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you ever "eat around the world"?

TammyA

Mouseketeer
On our last trip to WDW we had some family debate about where to eat in Epcot. We just couldn't agree. I proposed that we "eat around the world." We stopped at each of the counter service restaurants and order one item to share. The rules were..... try something unique to that country and try something you've never tried before. We had a great time! When I sought input for this year's trip the kids said...."Let's eat around the world!"

What do you do when you just can't decide?:bounce: :bounce:

Im gonna try my best to do this on my upcoming trip in May! I will let you know how it goes!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

I did this during the Food and Wine Festival in November....I was sssssoooooo stuffed. Next time, we will do it NOT during the F&W festival....thanks for the idea! Can't wait!!!!!!

We do that during Food & Wine, but we share the samples so that we don't get too full or too drunk!

We just did it last week with my parents. Its so much fun. We ate AND drank. We had a great time. It was by far my favorite day of vacation and we'll be doing it again on our next trip!

We did it last November at the Food and Wine Festival. We both shared and tried something that we had never tried before. I have fond memories of sitting drinking champagne from France whilst eating a shrimp on the barbie from Australia. Wonderful!!

This is usually how we eat in EPCOT! We love a little bit of everything. We often get a kids meal and share, so that we get a taste of the food but we don't get too full to quickly.

We usually start with the kids meal in Mexico (chips and a little soft taco) and a churro. Then we get an eggroll in China. We then get the kids yakitori chicken meal in Japan. Dessert in France!!! We've never made it all around yet - I still need to get the fish and chips in the UK. I think this trip we might start on that side of world showcase and go counter clockwise!

Maggie

We do this every trip. We try to order something (even if it's just a drink) in each country and share it so that nobody is too full. It's really a fun way to try everything and not get sick in the process!

Ann:earsgirl:

Then there's also "Snacks around the World". We usually start off with a Beavertail, and end up with Kaki Gori in Japan. Lots of fun!::yes::

We too did it during the Food and Wine Festival in November - 3 days out of 8! We had a wonderful time, and I would love to try it at other times of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter