Did you have imaginary siblings or friends when you were a child?

I used to make up stories about the Aztecs when I was 9 or 10, my Mom said. Must of learned about them in a Geography class.

*I* was never bothered by it, they lived on the bottom bunk in my bed tent. I knew I was fine as long as I didn't sleep down there! Were you scared of the coming Aztec invasion? Lol?

Nope, I'm the youngest of 6, there were enough kids around between my brother's friends and mine that our house was full enough of kids as it was.

Yep, me too. Our house was the open house in the neighborhood. Kids came in and out like it was their home. I was never alone.

My second daughter did from about 3-5. His name was Jaden.

*I* was never bothered by it, they lived on the bottom bunk in my bed tent. I knew I was fine as long as I didn't sleep down there! Were you scared of the coming Aztec invasion? Lol?

I actually used to set up sacrifices in my "stories". Makes me wonder, now, what all was I learning in 4th/5th grade. Even with the sacrifices I was in charge of my stories so I was never afraid. :worship:

I actually used to set up sacrifices in my "stories". Makes me wonder, now, what all was I learning in 4th/5th grade. Even with the sacrifices I was in charge of my stories so I was never afraid. :worship:

Exactly! The good guys always won, so it was all good.

I didn’t but my daughter did when she was around 3? She had the same name as one of her IRL friends, but she ‘looked’ totally different.

I had a whole town of them in the barnyard. It was called Tylerville. Various outbuildings were the bank, school, houses, etc. My siblings were 6, 11, and 13 years older than me and no kids nearby in the country so there wasn't often anyone to play with. I know one was named Shoestring Poor, and I think he was the main one. I don't think I spoke out loud to them, and they didn't come in the house or need a place set at the table.

Nope.

However, I had one really annoying younger brother that I had wished many times had been invisible.

I didn't but my sister had a friend named keebus. No idea why.

How about you? Any imaginary siblings or friends?

I didn't, but our youngest child did (ds). His name was Edwin, or something that sounded like that anyway, LOL, and he went 'everywhere' with us!!

I love this! Please, tell us more about your interactions with your Beatle friends!

Haha... well, I am an only child and when I was little I wanted an older brother (which of course was impossible the moment I was born unless my parents decided to adopt an older child), so they were "brotherly", I guess. And I was kind of the shy nerd kid at school and didn't have a ton of friends, so I do remember imagining them with me at elementary school kind of trying to build my confidence and be goofy. I was on a steady rotation of A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine movies growing up so that was sort of the base personas, their most pure and simplified selves. I guess it never really went away though -- they stopped being my imaginary friends, but as a teen I struggled with depression and they were a huge part of pulling me through it, and even today during difficult times I tend to turn to a George Harrison record before talking with another actual human. They still keep me grounded and are probably one thing I'll never "outgrow".

Not me, but when my daughter was little she had Black Mary (I used to listen to the singer Mary Black all the time, so I think that's where that came from), Big Johnson(???) and My-Friend-Caitlin, always said just like that.
My-Friend-Caitlin was the most interesting because she could drive while standing up, and her head would occasionally fall off, able to be reattached with staples or duct tape. She also smoked.

I wonder what they're doing these days, lol

Haha... well, I am an only child and when I was little I wanted an older brother (which of course was impossible the moment I was born unless my parents decided to adopt an older child), so they were "brotherly", I guess. And I was kind of the shy nerd kid at school and didn't have a ton of friends, so I do remember imagining them with me at elementary school kind of trying to build my confidence and be goofy. I was on a steady rotation of A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine movies growing up so that was sort of the base personas, their most pure and simplified selves. I guess it never really went away though -- they stopped being my imaginary friends, but as a teen I struggled with depression and they were a huge part of pulling me through it, and even today during difficult times I tend to turn to a George Harrison record before talking with another actual human. They still keep me grounded and are probably one thing I'll never "outgrow".

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing. :) I can relate to having The Beatles music pulling me through difficult times. They were (are) the best!

My daughter has had “Pretend Friend Puppies” since she was two (She’s now 9). They all have elaborate back stories, careers, and birthdates. Okra is the leader and he’s around the most. He’s a green bulldog with a glittery curled tail. The puppies even have an “Uncle Johnson” and “Aunt Sweetie Pants”. Uncle Johnson has a phobia of bar soap so he has to be bathed with shampoo. Also, they are driven around by a giant worm named “Jivin”, but when Jivin is sick he has sub drivers name “Kate Ashley” and “Mary” (she was into the Olsen twins when she named them, haha!)
She has a great imagination- clearly!

I had a friend named Nunny. She was a little girl my age. She had long brown hair, tanned skin and green eyes. I talked to her under the weeping willow tree in my backyard. I also had Piggy. Piggy was a little pink pig. I walked around holding her all the time. (cupping my hands). My brother had Uncle Willie. He was an old man with a long white beard. My son had 12!! They were all named Adam, which is also his name. There was one of them with us at all times. One had a red mustang, one was bitten by a shark, and so on. My cousin had one named Lee Lee. He was always pulling her hair. Must run int he family. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!