Did you know about the Improved Verandahs? Here's the Photos

That's my room! I'm booked in 6578 on the 8/16 cruise. I wonder if the bars will be back by then.

I don't have an opinion because each view has such valid points. The verandahs were wonderful as they were and will continue to be so no matter what. My concern would be the safety issue as well. Would the plexiglass be "secure" enough as opposed to the steel reinforcement? The steel gave me security, but was that just a false "sense" of security? :confused: I don't think there's anyone that could convince Eisner to back down from an opinion/desire (that is, unless Walt was still around) .

Of course, as many of you may recall, the ship was never meant to have the plexiglass in the first place. On our first Disney cruises, it was just the bars, but I suspect that kids were climbing on them and whatnot, so eventually they installed the plexiglass. I agree with Werner Weiss...the view is pretty obstructed by the sea spray anyway. I would love to see them back the original way (bars, no plexiglass), but of course that will never happen. Oh well, at least Disney designed their ships so much more sensibly than RCCL. We sailed on Radiance last year and had a plexiglass verandah, but we couldn't look down at the water at all because the lifeboats stick way out and were right below our stateroom. It was awful! And we didn't get an obstructed view price either...if I ever cruise RCCL again, I am going to do some major research first. One of my greatest pleasures is standing at the rail and looking down into the water.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Let's compare (through the magic of digital editing):

verandah.jpg

Above: An "old look" verandah on the Disney Magic

verandah2.jpg

Above: A boring, modern, imitation "Radiance of the Seas" verandah on the Disney Magic

The Magic and Wonder are gorgeous classic oceanliners. When we looked at the Carnival ship when at port I said to my DH that ship looks like a hotel with a bow and stern. But I must admit when sitting in the chair out on our verandah I hated looking through the white rusty bars. I wanted just to sit and relax and enjoy the view but if I wanted to see the beautiful view I had to stand up. Patty

OK Werner, you made your point. lol. I'll change my vote to keep the bars.

Love your site, by the way. It just brings back my childhood! :)

Beautiful photo editing, too.

Wow Werner! That is some awesome editing - you even got the proper shadows in there!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter