Did you pay for Mulan?

MKCP5

DIS Veteran
Wondering how many people paid the $30 or so they are charging for Mulan and what you thought of it? Wondering how sales have gone for DIsney.

Wondering how many people paid the $30 or so they are charging for Mulan and what you thought of it? Wondering how sales have gone for DIsney.

I did. We liked it glad we got it. Sales hasn’t gone good for Disney. It’s why we won’t see black widow being a premier access movie.

We get Disney +, and last I heard, they were offering it for free in certain months for certain areas. And our area is the month of December so I can watch it with the DGDs at Christmas. Only now I can't find this-did I dream it?

I did and we liked it a lot. We had a fun at home movie night. Take out chinese and popcorn and snacks from the local movie theatre. Movie was really good - better than I had anticipated. Saw it twice that weekend :)

We did. We haven’t seen a movie in theaters since December (Rise of Skywalker). So we were feeling kind of desperate.

We would have paid to see Soul (Though it will just debut included in the subscription), and we’d probably pay for Black Widow.

Our kids were really looking forward to it, so we bought it early. It turned out to be a fantastic movie and we're glad we made the purchase.

No, too expensive. Before anyone says it’s what I’d be paying at the movies it isn’t. I’d be going by myself and I don’t eat candy or drink sugary drinks (only coffee) so it wasn’t worth it. Plus, I already pay for Disney +, I feel like I shouldn’t be paying for it if I have their streaming services. I’m waiting til December to watch when it’s free with the subscription.

Paid - saved money since party of 4 plus home drinks and popcorn and dessert -- lots saved. If Disney does this for all releases, few reasons to drop $50+ each theatre release.

Loved it. Watched twice again over the initial weekend and parts again over next several weeks.

Good info! I'm excited now to see it in December. I heard such mixed reviews on it I'm glad so many liked it.

I paid for it. Main reason we did it was because we always go out to eat and celebrate birthdays and it was released on my daughters birthday so she said she would rather grill out at our house and us all watch Mulan. Since there are 7 adults (my husband, our oldest son and his wife, my daughter and her husband, our youngest son and myself) plus one baby it was cheaper and a lot more convenient than if we had went out to celebrate her birthday. I've watched it a couple times and so has my daughter. I'm one who has mixed feelings about it. I liked it but since I like the animated version there were things I missed like no mushu. But I get that it was staying closer to the real story so I was okay with that.

I watched a number of reviews, from multiple perspectives, and my take-away is that the original animated feature is Magic in a Genie Bottle concerning cultural influences and "nods", and the live-action Disney budget Kung-Fu film was an imitation of the theatrical medium that are the original Bruce Lee movies. I would not equate this martial arts fantasy tale as anything other than a modern interpretation of an ancient poem about a female warrior. But it's not Mulan to me... that's a musical animated feature with silly jokes and beautiful landscapes and a great score.
So no, we won't pay extra for it, and I highly doubt we will ever get around to watching it. If I want to watch a Kung Fu film, I'll go watch a Bruce Lee movie LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!