DID YOU SEE US IN MVMCP Parade?

MK2thcleaner

Mousehead Extraordinaire
You won't believe this but my family and I (3 of us) were in the second Christmas parade on the night of the 20th- the last MVMCP. It was my Mom's birthday, and a woman came up and asked us if we'd like to be in the parade. We were just sitting on a bench staking out our spot for the parade and were in complete awe.
At first my mom didn't go for it, but we begged her (you all know how persuasive a 7 year old grandchild can be) and before we knew it we were "Grand Marshals" of the parade. Here is the embarrasing part---we don't have pictures. I keep joking with my mom that thousands of people have film of us in that parade, and we didn't even get to see it!:(
So here is the part where I need your help! Did anyone get any film of us in that parade? Do you suppose most people just skip the Grand Marshals 'cause we're nobodies(only in their opinion of course).
It amazes me how kids just perk up when you wave at them, they feel so special, and it doesn't matter that you're not a disney character!
On the flip side of that, some guy asked me, "who are you?" I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed, because it's true, WHO AM I? That is what is so cool about the whole experience, it could have been any one of us on that float, we all had a chance. How awesome is that?
My mom said it was the best vacation she ever had, and this was the best part of it, I hope someone out there can help us with some pictures!

Thanks in advance!

I am so sorry that I did not take any photos of you but I did see you. In fact we waved to one another. You guys looked good up there:D We were sitting with our backs to Walt and Mickey on the curb facing the castle.

I'm glad you think we looked good. I was worried we might have been smiling too big :teeth:
Hope you had a good holiday trip!

We did see you! :D We waved at your family and your Mom waved back. She was beaming....yes with a very wide smile. How special to be picked on her birthday! Don't think we have any pics though. Will check out the video this weekend when we have time to sit through it. I know my DH taped part of the parade. Will let you know if we have any MVMCP footage that's good. Hopefully, someone will have pictures for you.

It was a very surreal experience, and one that won't be forgotten for a long time.
I'm tellin' ya, I heard all these good tips on how to get picked from right here on the dis, but I can't say I expected it to happen to us. It was a huge surprise.
We had on matching sweatshirts with our names embroidered on them that I got from disneystore.com, and GOH badges, and my mom had on her birthday pin that we got from Chef Mickey's that morning. I'm sure all of those things contributed to us being asked, but none so much as the fact that we were sitting on a bench, on the "curve" of Main St. waiting for the parade to start. Everybody was further down on Main St.- on the "straight away", and we were the few on the curve (not far from the statue of Roy and Mickey), and it was only about 5-10 minutes before the parade was to start.
All of the cast members on the parade route kept hollering
"Happy Birthday" to my mom-I guess they are trained to do that. She had a great time, I think. I bought her a spa package at the GF thinking I would give her the time of her life. You can't buy the feeling we got that night.
On the flip side, my son doesn't even understand the magic of that event. He's seven years old. I asked him if he thought that was special, and he said, "well, I've already been in a parade before two times." I tried to explain that a fall festival parade in podunk- Goddard, Ks (population: tiny) on the Cub Scout float does not compare to Grand Marshal of a disney parade. It's all the same to him! Gotta love kids:smooth:

This is so neat!!!!! I saw you and I took a video tape of the entire parade!!!! I have seen your username on the boards before but I naturally had no clue you were a DISer!!!

I would love to send you a copy. Please reply to this post if you want a copy.

We also stayed at AKL for the 19th thru the 23rd! I was supposed to go to a mini meet in the lobby on the am of the 20th, I even set the alarm and never woke up. I was very upset that I missed it.

Thank you for sharing! What a great time! I was not at WDW at that time but this is the second post in a few weeks with the same situation... I was surprised that Disney did not take one that you could purchase... I now know that instead of just waving at the Grand Marshals, I will be photographing them also... you never know if you know them!

I would love it if you would send me a copy. Email me or PM me and we can set it up. I am so thankful! I wish you could see me jumping up and down right now! :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That is a great idea for Disney! They could make some great extra cash (we know they need it in these times of tight wallets-LOL). Seriously, though, who wouldn't buy a video or pictures of themselves in a disney parade. I can't believe they haven't thought of it before. I mean, when you go to the Hoop Dee Doo, or the Luau, or the character breakfasts, they are all over you to buy a picture to commemorate the event. Why not this too? I think someone should send a comment letter to that effect. I guess I'll get right on it. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter