Did your early July trip get cancelled?

teacup princess

DIS Veteran
I had a trip booked July 5-11 and have been waiting for Disney to cancel me. In my reasoning I thought maybe if Disney cancelled me I’d get a Disney discount offer or a chance to rebook later and keep my free dining. But upon looking at my app, my reservation at the Fort is still valid for July 5-11 but my theme park tickets are valid for entry starting July 14th. So I guess I’ll have to cancel them. But I’m curious, had I been living in a mythical bubble, completely unaware of Disney’s reopening date, would they really have allowed me to pay full price, travel across the country, and stay at the Fort but not allow me to visit the parks until 3 days after my trip ended?

My trip was 6/19 -6/27 and I’ve had zero direct communication from Disney. Everything is still just there in MDE as I haven’t canceled thinking they’ll do it for me. But come on Disney, three weeks out and nothing? Not even an email to say you should rebook.

my reservation at the Fort is still valid for July 5-11
You reservation for July 5-11 is still valid because the Fort is opening June 22nd. Apparently they do expect some folks will stay at DVC and the campground without the parks. Tickets will be extended thru Sept. 26, 2021. Dining is in the process of being cancelled for all and there is no dining plan anymore. If you were booked on a free dining recovery offer, you can rebook for a later date with a 35% room discount.

I believe notifications are due to come out today, but unfortunately such things can be hit-or-miss.

The remainder of my deposit was due today for my free dining trip scheduled June 28-July 4. I held off thinking I would get some information. Now, I do not want to pay it since the only thing open would be another resort (not the Contemporary--I do not want to stay at Bay Lake Towers, but in the main building). At this moment all of my reservations still show in the app, but I understand they are canceling them. However, I am afraid if I do not pay then I will not get the 35% room discount because it will show that I canceled.

Has anyone received emails?

No cancellation email yet, July 7-15, carribean beach. Wonder if they'll even let us modify at some point.

I went ahead and cancelled. I decided it wasn’t worth it to us revisiting Disney until all of this was completely over and if it isn’t and this is the new normal for Disney we’ll probably not go back and move on to some other type of vacation from now on. I’d rather live with my memories of our beloved Disney vacations of the past than soil them with new restrictions and a subpar experience.

I'm fuming right now as we had an interesting situation. We were in the middle of modifying our reservation to move our dates to align with the opening dates (we were going to be off by 2 days). We had 3 rooms booked under two different reservation numbers. The first two rooms were moved no problem, the third room that had ds 18&16 dd 10 in it wasn't moved to the correct dates before the system locked down while the other two rooms were updated. I have sent emails and made a ton of calls to get this fixed or at least some options. I just got of the phone with them after being told there's nothing they can do, I check MDX and the room my children are in is completely gone because the dates weren't modified. Sadly, this was for ds graduation trip. I know there are a lot bigger things to worry about, but he lost out on so much this year already I was hoping to be able to at least give him this trip.

The remainder of my deposit was due today for my free dining trip scheduled June 28-July 4. I held off thinking I would get some information. Now, I do not want to pay it since the only thing open would be another resort (not the Contemporary--I do not want to stay at Bay Lake Towers, but in the main building). At this moment all of my reservations still show in the app, but I understand they are canceling them. However, I am afraid if I do not pay then I will not get the 35% room discount because it will show that I canceled.

Has anyone received emails?
Well all my fast passes just disappeared off my reservation. I knew it was coming, but that just made the whole situation "real". Here's hoping my November trip can happen pixiedust:

We have CBR booked from 7/2-7/7 and no communication from Disney. Our FP are gone but ADRs still there. Is there a chance they will open resorts beside DVC before July 11 and thats why we haven’t been automatically cancelled?

We have CBR booked from 7/2-7/7 and no communication from Disney. Our FP are gone but ADRs still there. Is there a chance they will open resorts beside DVC before July 11 and thats why we haven’t been automatically cancelled?
That is a great question, I wondered myself. I am not sure that my family will travel 9 hours (airline already canceled direct flight and connecting flight would take longer than driving) to stay at the resort with nothing else open. However, we really want a summer vacation and we are not beach people, so I am not sure what other options are out there.

I went ahead and cancelled. I decided it wasn’t worth it to us revisiting Disney until all of this was completely over and if it isn’t and this is the new normal for Disney we’ll probably not go back and move on to some other type of vacation from now on. I’d rather live with my memories of our beloved Disney vacations of the past than soil them with new restrictions and a subpar experience.
Personally I feel strongly this is just a "temporary new normal"-I can't IMAGINE that face masks and Social Distancing are going to be required for the rest of our lives.

We were booked at Art of Animation 7/7-7/12 with the free dining offer (we booked back in January). I was hoping to get the email of doom from Disney to avoid long waits on the phone...but I haven’t heard anything yet.

Our reservations are still in the app, although our FPs were wiped out and the tickets now show a valid date of 7/15. I think I’m going to have to make the call.

Hoping there would be a makeup offer, but with everything rapidly changing, I’m guess it will be awhile longer for them to decide if/what that might be.

I’d like to modify my dates and try to keep my offer, but at this point I’m not counting on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!