Didn't pass the WBI

Ryansnebula

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone. I encouraged a friend of mine to apply for Disney and I guess the WBI didnt go over so well. I'm pretty sure he was too inside his own head on some of the questions. It sucks because I know he would do really well in the Disney environment.

Anyway, after you dont pass, the page says you can call casting to talk to someone, I was wondering if anyone has ever done that and whether or not they'd agree to let you re-take the interview before 6 months. Or even a face to face interview.

Also, generally what advice would anyone have on what Disney is looking for in the WBI. He kept getting caught up in whether the question was assessing his personality or work behavior. That's not always the same thing. Anyway, idk if it matters but hes not applying for the program, just employment.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear that. I'm firmly convinced that it's just a computer program until you get to the phone interview. There is no way human beings could go through all those applications and web interviews!!! This is how I think it goes....you send off your application, a computer program reads it. That program is looking for specific answers. If it 'sees' what it's looking for, terrific, you go on to the wbi. If it sees just some of what it's looking for, you get put into a holding pattern (so to speak) until they look at other applications. If you bombed and gave the computer, nothing, it kicks you out right then.
So, you get to the wbi....again, a computer program. It's looking, again, for specific words and phrases. And it tries to 'trick' you on some questions. It will ask the same thing, but in an entirely different way. This trips up a lot of applicants!!! Again, if it sees what it's looking for, you move to a phone interview. If it sees some, into holding you go, if it doesn't see enough of the desired words/phrases, out you go.

I have no idea if you can call Casting or not. My dd had to wait the six months after her college program to apply due to excessive points. When she did apply, last fall, she had a hard time getting call backs from Casting. She was sent on interviews, then had to sit and wait to get called back, in order to set up other interviews. I have to wonder if that, because the pool of applicants is soooo huge, they don't want to hear from those that didn't make it past the wbi. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Hey everyone. I encouraged a friend of mine to apply for Disney and I guess the WBI didnt go over so well. I'm pretty sure he was too inside his own head on some of the questions. It sucks because I know he would do really well in the Disney environment.

Anyway, after you dont pass, the page says you can call casting to talk to someone, I was wondering if anyone has ever done that and whether or not they'd agree to let you re-take the interview before 6 months. Or even a face to face interview.

Also, generally what advice would anyone have on what Disney is looking for in the WBI. He kept getting caught up in whether the question was assessing his personality or work behavior. That's not always the same thing. Anyway, idk if it matters but hes not applying for the program, just employment.

Cheers!

Probably this. He was not being judged by human as @goofy4tink says, it's all about the computer and what it's sorting. One thing that I think is important is TIME it takes you. It is looking for solid, quick answers ... not someone trying to analyze and figure out the "right answer". Yes, it will ask the same question different ways to see if you are consistent in your responses. Looks like trick, but what it says is if you answer what is true to you (not guessing what it wants) then they will be consistent.

This is not a current blog post but these girls share such great info (they are still posting) and I think this one is still helpful ...

https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/...am-interview-process-the-web-based-interview/

Probably this. He was not being judged by human as @goofy4tink says, it's all about the computer and what it's sorting. One thing that I think is important is TIME it takes you. It is looking for solid, quick answers ... not someone trying to analyze and figure out the "right answer". Yes, it will ask the same question different ways to see if you are consistent in your responses. Looks like trick, but what it says is if you answer what is true to you (not guessing what it wants) then they will be consistent.

This is not a current blog post but these girls share such great info (they are still posting) and I think this one is still helpful ...

https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/...am-interview-process-the-web-based-interview/
my daughter just took the WBI and failed :( the two questions that tripped her up from the link you shared were: I like group projects and I work better by myself. What would one answer to those??? Thx!

my daughter just took the WBI and failed :( the two questions that tripped her up from the link you shared were: I like group projects and I work better by myself. What would one answer to those??? Thx!

Tripped her up like she was confused? Since I don't think you are ever told what is right or wrong ... my guess would be group projects like the girls say below that ".... they don't want lone wolfs ..." Working better by yourself, while good for a few jobs like Janitorial ... you still have to interact with people.

When DD was getting ready to take test, DH gave her a pep talk in advance as he's been involved in these type of tests. He told her it is very important you not take too long to respond, it is likely calculating that. It could be if she took too long trying to determine it was held against her.

Hopefully her schedule allows her to try again. DD did it AFTER graduation, then stayed the year. It was great timing for her and really helped her along her path as to what she really wanted next.

To clarify, these personality assessments aren't really meant to be personality - they're meant to be answered in a way that is customer service oriented. So I wouldn't take them like I would take a Myers Brigg. You should answer the assessment in a way that you would behave at work as if you were at Disney. That is the trick to them. I have passed both times but I used to fail these back when I was a teenager because I kept reading too much into them. In general, you should basically answer as if you were working at Disney right now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!