• Zip E Mate

• Sizzix

• QuicKutz

• Big Shot

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Princess Tink

DVC Member
I've researched and researched but am still torn between which system I should get. There seems to be pros and cons to everything I've ran across.

Which system do you like the best?

I have the wizard made by spellbinders. I haven't really used the others so I can't comment on them. But what I love about the wizard is that I can use sizzix, sizzlets, quickuts and any other chemically-etched die, brass stencils for embossing, and of course their own dies which cut and emboss. Ultimately I would love to have a wishblade which runs around $500, but I really love my wizard for now, and the embossing makes a lot of the dies come to life. theri website is www.spellbinders.us if you want to take a look at it. Look at their sandwich recipes and you can see all of the things you can do with it.

I only have the Sizzix, but it is an addiction that won't quit! LOL I love mine and use it all the time, not only for layouts, but also my kids projects as well! I have the Sidekick too, which is awesome for doing titles because I use the 13" pads to run the title through! Works wonderful!

I do know people who have Quikutz and swear by it though! I think it is all a personal choice if you ask me. Depends on what you really like. I do like that with my Sizzix converter, I can use Quikutz dies if I wanted to! :)

The only one I have/used is the Sizzix. I'm quite happy with it. Although someday I'd love to get the Wishblade! (Yeah, right...in my dreams!)

I have the sizzix and have been happy with it. However, I'm not buying anymore alphas or die b/c I'm saving up for a wishblade. I really think that a wishblade is a better investment. You can use any TT font that you have in any size you want.

I have the Wishblade, and although it is a pricier outlay, you'll never have to buy another die set! I can cut any font, any size... any shape that I can draw or trace. If you plan to purchase a few alphabets, you'll really be spending more money on a Sizzix, etc. in the long run.

PoohBearLovinMama said:
I have the sizzix and have been happy with it. However, I'm not buying anymore alphas or die b/c I'm saving up for a wishblade. I really think that a wishblade is a better investment. You can use any TT font that you have in any size you want.

thats exactly what i'm doing. :thumbsup2

I have Fun Serif and Lollipop for my Sizzix, and I love it. However, at Christmas time I bought myself the pink Quickutz. I came with one font, and then I bought another font to go with it. I voted for Quickutz as my favorite, but I actually like both of them equally, I just use them for different purposes (small letters vs. large letters).

Ive only really seen the Sizzix.. How much will the Wishblade put me back if anyone doesnt mind giving me an approximate..

I have sizzix, but am now saving for a wishblade.

i do use the sizzix all the time, but am limited to what fonts/alpha's I have (or that I can borrow from a friend)

When I am rich and famous, I wont have to worry about which one, I'll have them all!!! :rotfl2:

until then, I don't buy anymore sizzix alphas, I am saving for the wishblade.

bettyann29 said:
Ive only really seen the Sizzix.. How much will the Wishblade put me back if anyone doesnt mind giving me an approximate..

here are a few links I found for it....

this one has a starter set that goes with it....

wishblade link1

this is info from xyron about wishblade

wishblade link 2

just another site (also have wishblade layaway!!!)

wishblade link 3

as you can see I'm still doing some shopping and browsing!!!

I have a Sizzix and QK. I find I use my sizzix machines more, but my QK fonts. I have the sizzix original and sidekick, and since QK converters have come out for the sidekick, I just love it. I also think the sizzix fonts are much more affordable (alpha's) and I can find them on sale often.

I have also tried the zip e mates, hated it and sent it back.

I used to have a HUGE Sizzix collection, but found that every time I needed a partidular die, I didn't have it, so off to Michael's I'd go. It got to be very expensive, so I got rid of if. I do still have the sidekick which works fine. Want and NEED a Wishblade!!! That is going to be the future of die cutting IMHO>

Ok, I am looking at the Wishblade website and somehow this one isn't making sense to me.

Everyone is saying that getting fonts from sizzix is getting expensive. Well from what I see you have to buy the fonts from Wishblade too so how is that any different? I can see they are half the price but as they come out with more, there will be more to buy. And other dies as well.

Ok, help me out on this one please.

And how can you create your own die type thing? How does that work, I mean can you cut and paste an image you find on the computer or something?

I guess I am one of those that needs to see how it is done to understand it :blush:

When I first started to look at the wishblade I thought the same thing. But from what I have been understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) but you can use any true type font that you have on your computer. And you can size it to any size that you want, you are not stuck with a fixed size.

i voted for the sizzix/sizzlett BUT if I had it to do over again I would go wishblade (I now have just as much money into dies as it would have cost for that!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter