"Diet" fast food?

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
DH and I eat out every day for lunch. I've tried to put together "healthy" or at least reduced calorie options. Please post any meals you've figured out that you can share. I'm getting tired of eating the same thing every day...

Chick-Fil-A (460 calories)
-Southwest Chargrilled Salad
-Tortilla Strips
-Spicy Dressing (one serving - the pack they give you holds 2.5)

Chick-Fil-A (525 calories)
-Fried Chicken Sandwich (no butter)
-1 pack light mayo
-Side Salad
-Light Italian Dressing

Chick-Fil-A (580 calories)
-Fried Chicken Sandwich (no butter)
-1 pack light mayo
-Small Chicken Noodle Soup

1 Fresco Bean Burrito and
2 Fresco Crunchy Tacos (397 calories)

OR

4 Fresco Crunchy Tacos (369 calories)

Subway....

6" turkey, ham, or roast beef (no cheese) on honey wheat or whole grain wheat..... don't know calorie count, but 6 Weight Watchers points without condiments. Loaded with veggies is it super filling.

McDonalds....

grilled snack wrap without any sauce.... I cut up the chicken and put it on top of a side salad. Small amount of lowfat/fat free dressing. I throw away the wrap. Not a huge lunch, but enough to get me by for a while.... especially if I can add a piece of fruit from home.

Wendy's.... small chili is only 3 points. Skip the cracker... just white carbs and not worth it.

Dunkin Donuts.... egg white flatbread is 6 points... wake up wrap is 3 points. Smalle latte with skim milk and Splenda is just 1 point.

BTW, most if not all fast food restaurants have their calorie counts available on their websites................P

Jimmy Johns Subs...and get it as an Unwich. It is a lettuce wrapped Sandwich. The website is great as you can add and subtract items and it will give you the exact Calorie count.

Also Panda has a bunch of great options in their Wok Smart. I like the Broccoli and Beef as well as the String Bean chicken. You can get it with Steamed Veggies instead of the rice and cut way back on your numbers.

Jimmy Johns Subs...and get it as an Unwich. It is a lettuce wrapped Sandwich. The website is great as you can add and subtract items and it will give you the exact Calorie count.

Also Panda has a bunch of great options in their Wok Smart. I like the Broccoli and Beef as well as the String Bean chicken. You can get it with Steamed Veggies instead of the rice and cut way back on your numbers.
COOL! We have a Jimmy Johns right down the street from work. We never go there, but I think we will now! :thumbsup2

Chick-Fil-A (460 calories)
-Southwest Chargrilled Salad
-Tortilla Strips
-Spicy Dressing (one serving - the pack they give you holds 2.5)

I really like the Southwest Chargrilled Salad. I don't even put the dressing on it. The spicy chicken and that corn/black bean combo seem to "dress" it just fine for my taste.

And, why in the world do they make those dressing packets so big anyway?? They are the only ones I know of that do that. Using that much dressing, would make for an awfully gloppy salad, IMHO. Yuck!

I had that exact meal for lunch one day last week! The two-entree plate with Broccoli Beef, String Bean Chicken and Steamed Veggies.

McDonald's also has a Southwest Salad with grilled lime-glazed chicken and it really doesn't need any dressing. (I've read that this is not available at all locations and it may only be seasonal, but I haven't had too much trouble finding it in my area.)

Arby's Roast Chicken Ranch sandwich has good numbers.

I also really like the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad at Panera Bread.

If you find yourself at Fazoli's, you can order the kid size spaghetti and a side salad - but if you can't resist the breadsticks... don't even go near the place!

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact calorie counts but these are some of the items in my mental list of "good" options. They all fall roughly in the 300-500 calorie range.

I'm sure I have more, but that's all I can think of right now. Happy lunching!

McDonald's also has a Southwest Salad with grilled lime-glazed chicken and it really doesn't need any dressing. (I've read that this is not available at all locations and it may only be seasonal, but I haven't had too much trouble finding it in my area.)

Arby's Roast Chicken Ranch sandwich has good numbers.

I forgot about that McD's salad! That one is really good. :thumbsup2

And, I'll have to give the Arby's sandwich a try. Yummy!!! :goodvibes

I do fast food every once in awhile (mainly due to my poor planning :rolleyes1 and/or that granola bar is the absolute last thing I want to eat that day). I have never been a salad fan. I LOVE salads when I go out to eat but fast food salads or eating them at home, I'm not a fan for some reason. My usually go to choice (because KFC is right across from where I work) is a large order of green beans and an individual side of cole slaw. I also will get (on a different day ;)) a plain baked potato from Wendy's and a small chili and top it with some of the chili. I try to limit what (and how often) I get out though because most of that stuff is loaded with sodium.

There's many fast food places around where I work/live and in between. If I know I'm going to do fast food I check out the nutritional info online before I go. It's quite surprising how bad things are for you that you wouldn't really think are (like most of the Market Fresh Sandwiches at Arby's are 700-800 calories).

There is a lot of good information in the Men's Health Eat This Not That Book. The website also has a bunch of good restaurant information.

My personal favorite is Quiznos:
1 Roadhouse Steak Sammie - 250 calories
1 cup chili, no crackers - 140 calories
or 1 bowl chili, no crackers - 230 calories

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter