Diff Resorts/Diff UY

Now I’m thinking that having a second, small, contract with a different UY would be handy for getting transferred points.

From what I understand, you can only transfer points in or out of each membership one time per UY, right? So if I transferred all of the points out of my contract, I would not be able to then transfer another owner’s points into that same membership.

But if I wanted to sell my points via transfer one year, and purchase points to use at another resort (say RIV for example) I would need a second membership to make all of that happen. Am I understanding this correctly?

With all of the mess going on in the rental market, I’m thinking transferring points is the way to go in the future.

Am I missing anything with this logic?

Just be prepared to purchase 100% of the other member’s annual points. They have no incentive to break up their point balance given the “1 transfer” limitation. The game might be “all or nothing.”

Now I’m thinking that having a second, small, contract with a different UY would be handy for getting transferred points.

From what I understand, you can only transfer points in or out of each membership one time per UY, right? So if I transferred all of the points out of my contract, I would not be able to then transfer another owner’s points into that same membership.

But if I wanted to sell my points via transfer one year, and purchase points to use at another resort (say RIV for example) I would need a second membership to make all of that happen. Am I understanding this correctly?

With all of the mess going on in the rental market, I’m thinking transferring points is the way to go in the future.

I wouldn't do it for that purpose but yes, it would allow for another transfer. If this is just something you're thinking about doing from time to time there are ways to make it work. For instance, you could transfer 2020 points out and 2021 points in (making sure the points will work for your travel dates of course). Or you could transfer in and then rent your points (or the other way around). As an example, I recently rented out some AKV points and transferred in GCV points. If you think transferring is going to be something you want to do regularly to stay at other resorts then I'd reconsider where you are buying to get a place you're more interested in staying if you can't get what you want at 7 months.

The way to go is to buy only the points you need or want to use every year. Don't plan on transferring or renting because it may become more difficult than you want to bother with. You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points, only current year points into another current year membership. You can bank transferred points, but you cannot borrow transferred points.

In the past I have gone in September and January, pretty much every year. Sometimes with other trips in between. I usually only go 4-5 days at a time. Additionally, I am okay if I never go in the summer again.

This year I plan on going in December for 2 weeks and skipping the Sept trip because I’m pregnant. I want to do a road trip over Christmas break with stops at Hilton head and Vero Beach and of course DW.

I bought BWV with my fall trips in mind.
it's easier to plan trips when your points are all one UY. At seven months out, you can combine them for a single trip at seven months out. But Dec and later in Sept it is hard to book at seven months out. Early Sept, not so bad, last two weeks could be harder. Plus you are running into prime hurricane season with earlier in Sept (when I worked in Hospital Emergency Mgmt, I always wound up working Labor Day weekend because of hurricane response).

it's easier to plan trips when your points are all one UY. At seven months out, you can combine them for a single trip at seven months out. But Dec and later in Sept it is hard to book at seven months out. Early Sept, not so bad, last two weeks could be harder. Plus you are running into prime hurricane season with earlier in Sept (when I worked in Hospital Emergency Mgmt, I always wound up working Labor Day weekend because of hurricane response).

Thank you! I was thinking, not having to worry about 2 different times of year might be best, and being able to combine points even if they are split stays might also be helpful. My birthday is in the middle of Sept so that is why I usually choose September. This explains why it rains everyday. One year I went back two weekends later because I felt like all we did was get rained on! 😀 better a warm rain than a cold one!

Okay I’m revisiting use year as I want to make an offer on AKL, I think I might get a better “deal” on a dec use year and my BWV is a June use year. They are both around 150 points and i don’t really plan on using them for the same trips. If I can get a better pp price on Dec should I go with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!