Differences between Fantasy/Dream and Wonder staterooms

Spotthecat

Mouseketeer
I have sailed twice on both the Fantasy and Dream, but will finally be sailing on the Wonder for the first time. What are the differences in the staterooms? Are there fridges? Is there on-demand TV? Any other little things I should know about? Thanks!

I haven't been on the Fantasy or Dream, but I have been on the Wonder. Yes there are fridges. There is not currently on-demand TV, but it's speculated that it will happen with the dry dock this fall. You also don't need the card to keep the lights on, they work like normal hotel lights.

The classic ships (Wonder and Magic) have fridges located in the TV/desk furniture, just like the Fantasy/Dream. On demand is not available on the Wonder. The classic ships also have a conventional rectangular tub/shower instead of the round one found on the Fantasy/Dream.

The classic ships (Wonder and Magic) have fridges located in the TV/desk furniture, just like the Fantasy/Dream. On demand is not available on the Wonder. The classic ships also have a conventional rectangular tub/shower instead of the round one found on the Fantasy/Dream.

Not all the staterooms on the Dream/Fantasy have the round tub either. I think just the Deluxe Family designation does.

the rooms are slightly larger on the Magic / Wonder than on the Dream Class. Makes getting past the bed to the seating area easier (in an oceanview at least) on the classic ships.

It's amazing what 6-8 inches here and there make.

and the bathrooms are MUCH better on the classic ships for keeping your toiletries on shelves and whatnot.

the rooms are slightly larger on the Magic / Wonder than on the Dream Class. Makes getting past the bed to the seating area easier (in an oceanview at least) on the classic ships.

and the bathrooms are MUCH better on the classic ships for keeping your toiletries on shelves and whatnot.
Not only are the rooms slightly larger on the classic ships, the storage space is much better organized, particularly with respect to drawer space. On the classic ships, DW and I each have a dresser to use. On the Fantasy, I have to use desk drawers.

We've been on the Wonder twice and the Fantasy once. Both times on the Wonder we had an OV room. Our cabins on the Wonder had the desk area and then across from the bed, was an additional piece of furniture that had 4 or 5 drawers. We also had additional drawers next to the closet on both ships. When we were on the Fantasy we were in the larger family OV, so it had a larger desk area with a lot of shelves/drawers. Our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy is in the smaller OV cabin. From the pics I've seen online, it looks like the smaller Fantasy OV cabin DOES NOT have the extra drawers across from the bed. Not having that extra drawer space will be problematic for us, but guess we'll have to make it work. I will also miss the round tub since the smaller OV on the Fantasy has the regular rectangle tub. The Wonder has really bad hairdryers connected to the wall in the bathroom, they don't work very well at all. Thankfully the Wonder now has better hairdryers in one of the desk drawers. Wonder also doesn't have the built in night light over the desk area, so if you need one, bring one.

Last edited:
Not all the staterooms on the Dream/Fantasy have the round tub either. I think just the Deluxe Family designation does.

Didn't realize only the deluxe family had the round tubs. It's the only category of stateroom we've ever been in on the Fantasy. Thank you for the information.

We've been on the Wonder twice and the Fantasy once. Both times on the Wonder we had an OV room. Our cabins on the Wonder had the desk area and then across from the bed, was an additional piece of furniture that had 4 or 5 drawers. We also had additional drawers next to the closet on both ships. When we were on the Fantasy we were in the larger family OV, so it had a larger desk area with a lot of shelves/drawers. Our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy is in the smaller OV cabin. From the pics I've seen online, it looks like the smaller Fantasy OV cabin DOES NOT have the extra drawers across from the bed. Not having that extra drawer space will be problematic for us, but guess we'll have to make it work. I will also miss the round tub since the smaller OV on the Fantasy has the regular rectangle tub. The Wonder has really bad hairdryers connected to the wall in the bathroom, they don't work very well at all. Thankfully the Wonder now has better hairdryers in one of the desk drawers. Wonder also doesn't have the built in night light over the desk area, so if you need one, bring one.
Those "extra drawers" on the classic ships were originally a steamer trunk (in keeping with the cruise design).
Steamer Trunk closed wonder 2012 15029 100_7460 1500.jpg Steamer Trunk open wonder 2012 15030 100_7461 1500.jpg

A number of years ago, they were changed to a drawer/shelving arrangement:
storage cabinet wonder 2015 P1080125 1500.jpg storage cabinet magic 2016 P1080944 1500.jpg

Those "extra drawers" on the classic ships were originally a steamer trunk (in keeping with the cruise design).
View attachment 358852 View attachment 358851

A number of years ago, they were changed to a drawer/shelving arrangement:
View attachment 358854 View attachment 358853

Yes!! That's exactly what I was talking about. We had the steamer trunk on our first Wonder cruise, so cute. I was disappointed that they replaced them, but I'm sure they had their reason. Do you know if the Fantasy smaller OV room has that shelving unit? I would have booked the larger OV again, but our first one had HORRIBLE vibrations(aft room} so I went with the smaller cabin since they don't have the larger ones mid-ship.

Yes!! That's exactly what I was talking about. We had the steamer trunk on our first Wonder cruise, so cute. I was disappointed that they replaced them, but I'm sure they had their reason. Do you know if the Fantasy smaller OV room has that shelving unit? I would have booked the larger OV again, but our first one had HORRIBLE vibrations(aft room} so I went with the smaller cabin since they don't have the larger ones mid-ship.
Sorry, I've only been in the Deluxe Family Verandah rooms on the Fantasy.

On the DCL website it shows what appears to be a small dresser-type cabinet next to the closet:
G02-DDDF-deluxe-oceanview-stateroom-cat9AB-05.jpg

Sorry, I've only been in the Deluxe Family Verandah rooms on the Fantasy.

On the DCL website it shows what appears to be a small dresser-type cabinet next to the closet:
G02-DDDF-deluxe-oceanview-stateroom-cat9AB-05.jpg

I've seen that pic before. Unfortunately it looks like the cabin doesn't have the shelves across from the bed like on the Wonder. So the Fantasy cabin is slightly smaller and has one less shelving unit. I must pack less for our next cruise!!

I agree completely. We have generally been happy with the regular (deluxe) cabins on the classic ships, but have recently been upgrading to the family cabins on the newer ships because the regular cabins are just too tight for us.

I have sailed twice on both the Fantasy and Dream, but will finally be sailing on the Wonder for the first time. What are the differences in the staterooms? Are there fridges? Is there on-demand TV? Any other little things I should know about? Thanks!
They're very much alike. The biggest practical difference is the lack of on-demand TV on the Wonder.

From what I remember Fantasy has a coffee table that is a trunk style with storage inside it. On the Wonder it is a coffee table with no storage.

Last edited:
From what I remember Fantasy has a coffee table that is a trunk style with storage inside it. On the Wonder it is a coffee table with no storage.

Both the Dream and Fantasy had that coffee table when I sailed on them. The last time I sailed on the Magic, they had removed the steamer trunk (boo) - can't recall if they replaced it with the extra cabinet (I certainly don't recall any additional drawers and I'm thinking it was just removed without any replacement) - and replaced the non-storage style coffee table with one that had storage. I preferred the old style with steamer trunk and regular coffee table. I don't use the storage in the coffee table since I'm afraid I'll forget whatever's in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter