Different kind of prayer

Kama89

DIS Veteran
Chances are a lot of you have seen this already, but wanted to share it with those that haven't. :) I thought it was so beautiful and filled with so many truths, that I for one, need to be reminded of every day.

Heavenly Father, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in
traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and was
rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few
precious moments with her children.
Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young
man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college
student,
balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting
his student loans for next semester.
Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in
the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job)! is a slave to
addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.
Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow
through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this
moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week,
this will be the last year that they go shopping together.
Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give
us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with
those we hold dear. Open our hearts not just to those who are close to us but to
all humanity.
Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive. Bless us with
patience, empathy and love.

I have not seen this....
I am sitting here crying....guess it really got to me.
Thanks for posting this...really is something to think about.
Beautiful.

What a beautiful prayer and an excellent reminder to us all. Thank you for sharing this with us :)

Very nice! Yes, we all have a tendency to not look past our noses at some realities but to look down those noses at our perceptions.

Thank you for sharing that. I haven't seen it before and it is a beautiful reminder.:D

Kim that is beautiful. Taped to the inside of my kitchen cabinets are my favorite prayers, letters, stories etc. that I find to be really inspirational for me. When I am having a bad day, or am feeling rushed and pushed and just need to "remember" all I do is open a cabinet and start to read. I just added this one to my collection. Thanks my friend.

Thanks for posting this, Kim. It really makes me think.

Taped to the inside of my kitchen cabinets are my favorite prayers, letters, stories etc. that I find to be really inspirational for me. When I am having a bad day, or am feeling rushed and pushed and just need to "remember" all I do is open a cabinet and start to read. I just added this one to my collection. Thanks my friend.

Jodie, what a wonderful idea! I'm going to print this one out, and put it somewhere. Actually, I should probably print out a dozen copies and have it hanging throughout my house, in my car, to my forehead, written on the palm of my hand, etc.... :)

Thanks, Kim, had not seen this before. A great prayer and reality check it is. Again, thanks.

I had not seen this before either, but it is very beautiful. Thank you for posting this :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!