Different Use Months?

Mary Lou in Ohio

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone out there had multiple contracts with different Use Months? I know that Disney is against it - but with resales, I would imagine that it is possible. I would really like to hear from anyone that has this and if it is a real nightmare to keep track of.

Thanks,

Mary Lou :earsgirl:

We own 4 contracts at 2 diifferent resorts with 4 different use years.

While tracking the points is a little tougher, MS has been great to assist with the recoedkeeping and a simple checkbook program on a PDA keeps everything straight.

There are also some simple spreadsheet programs available to track your points.

Enjoy!

We have two different use years at BWV. I am an organized person so I don't have a problem with keeping track of it all but MS seems to have the problem. We had a BIG hassle getting permanent cards for the second resale. They kept spitting out cards for the first block of points we had purchased. It took 10 cards, 2 of the DVC tote bags, and numerous calls before they finally got permanent cards for the second purchase. They blamed it on the computer "defaulting" once it read our SS #s, but several times they said they would "override" the computer yet failed to do so. Anyway, you can keep track of it, but you do have to watch MS. :D

We have two use years. It is just a matter of keeping track of what you use from each and banking dates for each. Easy really. Note, Disney is not actually against it--it just sells you the same use year when you do an add-on, but if you wanted to purchase another new contract with 150 points from Disney with a different use, it will be more than willing to sell it to you.

We're thinking of add-on as well. We have 5 contracts in total (purchased all thru WDW) with the same uy! Very easy to track!

However, I see an advantage to multiple use years. If you vacation 2-3 times a year or better, you wouldn't need to bank/borrow as often (I think).

My dh says to buy any time. I like the one use year! It keeps us "little brains" efficient.

Let us know. L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter