Difficulty booking restaurants at 180 days

Lynneheartdisney

Earning My Ears
Can anyone explain why California Grill and Art Smith only have availability at either 6 pm or 10 pm? We are at the 180 day mark and have been watching these restaurants for a week or two and it is always only these times available. They can't possibly be that full this far ahead? Can they?

It could be that when you stay on site you can book reservations 180 days out, but for up to 10 days of your trip (190 days out). Popular restaurants can and do book up fast. I'm not sure about Art Smith but the California Grill is very popular for dinner because of fireworks viewing at Magic Kingdom so the 6PM to 10Pm window would be very popular.

Try searching for a particular time as opposed to "dinner"...I found that often when I searched by meal it narrowed the window. For example when I tried to book BOG for breakfast, if I put in "breakfast" it only gave me times around 9::00 but when I searched for 8:00 instead of breakfast, I got exactly what I wanted.

My ADR day was this morning, and I got everything I wanted, but I was a little suprised that 181 days out, the earliest dinner reservation for Sci Fi diner I could get was 8pm. I even tried to modify it with specific times. I knew it was a popular restaurant, but it was easier for me to get Be Our Guest in a timeslots I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!