Digital Alarm Clocks - WDW Resorts

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if they have digital alarm clocks in the bedrooms of the Beach Club Villas, Boulder Ridge Villas and All Star Music Family Suites ?
Thanks

Were removed maybe 2 years ago? No clock in either my AS Sports or POP room for the last couple of trips.

I stayed at Grand California and Paradise Pier this month. Both had clocks. We were surprised the clock was changed our second day at PP, the new one had USB ports.

They were removing all the alarm clocks radios a while back,but it appears they stopped this plan.

We have had the alarm clock radios in our room in recent trips to CBR and All-Star Sports.

We did not have one in our room at Pop Century or All-Star Music,but just called Housekeeping and they brought one.:)

Maybe it's like Las Vegas. They don't want you to be consciously aware of the time. They want you in the parks and in the Disney stores and restaurants, spending money. Except that in LV they want you spending money gambling.

We had them our last 2 trips, but f there is no clock you can request one.

`I don't think there was a clock within our Polynesian Resort room other than the display on the TV. Since I use the alarm on my smart phone it doesn't bother me. That being said one morning the phone rang and 7 Dwarves sang "Hi Ho" to me. Apparently the man set up a wake-up call via the front desk. He's retired, isn't cellphone proficient, and is really proud of both facts, LOL.

I liked that the alarm clock replacement is a double or triple charging port.

Maybe it's like Las Vegas. They don't want you to be consciously aware of the time. They want you in the parks and in the Disney stores and restaurants, spending money. Except that in LV they want you spending money gambling.

...and shopping at high end stores and eating. The food costs on the Strip in Las Vegas are atrocious! I think they are even worse than Disney in terms of cost. I was just there for a convention and was not expecting the prices for food. I had a layover in Seattle on the way home and thought the airport food was cheap by comparison. :scared1:

As for clocks, I find I like to know what time it is when I open my eyes before fumbling around for my phone, so I'm glad to know I can request a clock if the room doesn't have one. I keep my phone with alarm across the room so I have to get up to turn it off. I realized how much I like having a clock after a recent power outage at home.

Side note: the clock on the nightstand in my Las Vegas room had the time on the front and sides of the clock. I've never seen one like it and thought it was super cool!

Disney's thinking was that Guests don't use alarm clocks anymore-they just use their Handheld Computers(my "term" for our Smartphones lol),but they discovered a significant portion of Guests still like being able to see the time without reaching for or locating their Smartphone to do so.:)

Disney's thinking was that Guests don't use alarm clocks anymore-they just use their Handheld Computers(my "term" for our Smartphones lol),but they discovered a significant portion of Guests still like being able to see the time without reaching for or locating their Smartphone to do so.:)

I can definately relate to that.

Does anyone know if they have digital alarm clocks in the bedrooms of the Beach Club Villas, Boulder Ridge Villas and All Star Music Family Suites ?
Thanks

Maybe, maybe not. As others have mentioned they did remove them from every room on property. But there was a backlash from guests so they agreed to deliver one to any room if the guest called housekeeping and requested one. They then also decided to NOT go back and remove them from any room that had a guest request one. So if you happen to get a room that any prior guest has requested an alarm clock, your room will have one. If you happen to get a room that no prior guests requested one, your room will not have one. If your room doesn't have one, you WILL be able to call housekeeping and request one.

Yup! I am one who likes to be able to look and see the time without searching/turning on cell phone. Especially in the middle of the night. With a 3 hr time change coming from the west, it takes me a few days to adjust.

The app I use on my phone for time/alarm/white noise has a display just like an alarm clock that stays on. So I don't have to fumble looking for a phone to check the time. I just look at the nightstand. I actually prefer not to have a hotel clock because every clock is different as far as how to set it, and there are never any instructions, so it's a 50/50 shot whether you will actually be awakened at the time you want to be (or awakened in the middle of the night when you'd rather not be). I'd prefer to rely on my own device.

I think having them available upon request is a good compromise, especially considering there are still many people who don't have smartphones.

The app I use on my phone for time/alarm/white noise has a display just like an alarm clock that stays on. So I don't have to fumble looking for a phone to check the time. I just look at the nightstand. I actually prefer not to have a hotel clock because every clock is different as far as how to set it, and there are never any instructions, so it's a 50/50 shot whether you will actually be awakened at the time you want to be (or awakened in the middle of the night when you'd rather not be). I'd prefer to rely on my own device.

This was the exact feedback they got from 84% of the guest surveys which prompted the move to remove them.

I think having them available upon request is a good compromise, especially considering there are still many people who don't have smartphones.

And the other 16% were extremely vocal about their displeasure which prompted the move to offer them upon request.

I actually prefer not to have a hotel clock because every clock is different as far as how to set it, and there are never any instructions, so it's a 50/50 shot whether you will actually be awakened at the time you want to be (or awakened in the middle of the night when you'd rather not be). I'd prefer to rely on my own device.
Another fun option is to use the Resort wake-up call-it is currently the "classic" Mickey Mouse wake-up call.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter