Digital Camera Question

westcliffemom

Sometimes, I'm Pooh-brained!
I know sometimes film messes up through the x-ray machine at the airport, but will discs that have pics from a digital camera mess up? Sorry for the dumb question, but this is our first time taking the digital camera.

I've always "assumed" there would be no problem since DH has been sending his laptop and other computer equipment through for years, so I don't think x-ray would damage the photo disk.....Just my opinion though :)

The way the images are stored on the digital camera media is VERY different than film. So going through the Xray machine will NOT hurt them at all.

However, you DO need to be careful about magnets, esp. magnetic clasps on purses or briefcases - the digital camera media is stored electronically, so a magnet CAN damage the pictures on it. Same thing is true for credit cards - keep them away from magnets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter