Digital Camera recommendations

MICKEY88 said:
I was about to ask the same thing I'm unaware of the existance of a D70 in the Minolta line,

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a 9D, I have heard nothong about one being made, but it only makes sense that they will comeout with a pro model digital SLR..

yep - 7D. Oops!! :rotfl: Brain fart - sorry!!

christinadei said:
I don't even want to talk or think about that. I held onto that camera forever waiting for the minolta dslr, but it was so expensive and I finally got rid of them to find out that I could get the minolta for a few hundred more than the cannon. I'm mad beyond belief at that and don't want to think about it. Now it's too late, so I think I'd rather have a Cannon. Thanks for the tip though.

too bad, I'd take the 7D over the Rebels anyday....

Konica Minolta Digital Cameras Win 2005 DIMA
Digital Camera Shoot-Out Awards

Mahwah, NJ (March 2, 2005) – Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. announces that the Maxxum 7D and DiMAGE A200 digital cameras won 2005 DIMA Digital Camera Shoot-Out awards as announced during the PMA 2005 Convention and Trade Show in Orlando, Florida. The Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D won the Prosumer/Professional Digital SLR category and the Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 won the Prosumer/Professional $600 to $999 category.

christinadei said:
I don't even want to talk or think about that. I held onto that camera forever waiting for the minolta dslr, but it was so expensive and I finally got rid of them to find out that I could get the minolta for a few hundred more than the cannon. I'm mad beyond belief at that and don't want to think about it. Now it's too late, so I think I'd rather have a Cannon. Thanks for the tip though.

I would not feel too badly about that. The 7D uses an APS size digital imager, which means that it only "sees" about the center 2/3 of the area that 35mm film "sees", if I understand this correctly. You need to multiply the focal length of existing 35mm lenses to get the 35-mm equivalent. For example, if you had a 24mm wide angle lens, on the 7D, the 35mm equivalent would be more like 38mm, and so on.

We currently own a pair of Maxxum 7000i bodies and a bagful of lenses, but when we make the jump to digital, we'll still need to buy a $500 "prime" zoom lens in the 35mm equivalent of a 28-105mm. The lenses we already have *will* work with the 7D, but will not provide the same coverage as on the film cam's.

Our digital cams, at present, include a Canon A75, with which we have been *very* happy. It got a good workout at Mickey's World (our then-6YO daughter's term) last year and continues to provide excellent results for a 3.2MP cam. In addition, we have a Canon Optura 30, which features a 2.2MP digital still capability, and produces surprisingly good results, as long as the lighting is adequate. My favorite is a tele shot of the Walt and Mickey "Partners" statue with the castle in the background, although the tele aspect makes it appear quite a bit closer. I enlarged it to 8X10, slightly cropped, and the details in both the statue and the castle are crisp and non-pixellated.

I'm pondering a new digicam myself...perhaps a Canon A610, Fuji S5200, or maybe stretch to a Kodak P880. Or, I may just stay with my Optura 30, and only carry one camera that "does it all".

~YEKCIM

RadioNate,

When I tried the SonyH1 in the camerashop, that is what sold me...

This camera fires fast!

You may want to give this one a try.
You mention that you are not into the complex photography, and want a point and shoot.

I am thinking that compared to most other POS cameras, this one is much faster. Has 12xZoom, Image Stabilization, focus Assist (along with a strong flash) for low lighting indoors, etc...

If this one meets your needs, then you won't need to spend a thousand bucks! I just got mine online for just over $400.00 total. ;)

Wishing on a star said:
RadioNate,

When I tried the SonyH1 in the camerashop, that is what sold me...

This camera fires fast!

You may want to give this one a try.
You mention that you are not into the complex photography, and want a point and shoot.

I am thinking that compared to most other POS cameras, this one is much faster. Has 12xZoom, Image Stabilization, focus Assist (along with a strong flash) for low lighting indoors, etc...

If this one meets your needs, then you won't need to spend a thousand bucks! I just got mine online for just over $400.00 total. ;)

I really need to get into a camera shop. Thanks for your opinion, I haven't 'talked' to anyone that had one. I have a zillion Sony memory sticks and I've been (mostly) happy with the quality of my current sony's photos. I'll definately check out the H1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter