Digital child swap

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
If there is a thread somewhere that can help with my questions, please point me in the right direction.

We’re going in a few weeks and will be utilizing CS on all the rides with height restrictions. I know they scan your magic band and give you a return window, does this show up on the app so you can keep track of the return time? How long is the return window typically? If we end up not utilizing the swap passes because DD doesn’t like a ride, do we need to scan our bands to ‘use’ the swap anyway? I’d love to here any recent reports of CS since we haven’t used the digital system yet!

We used it today.
(1) Yes it shows up in the app.
(2) the return window is one hour like a normal fastpass but the return window does not start until the estimated timewhen the first group will be done riding. So we road FOP at 9:55an via fastpass and the estimated ride time then was 30 minutes (which was accurate) so our rider swap window was 10:25-11:25am.
(3) the swap did not have to be “used” yo make new fastpass reservations. We got a rider swap for Star Tours yesterday and wnded up never using it and it had no effect on the normal FP+ system.

What is the final verdict regarding how many in the party need the fast pass? We will be a party of three - mom, dad and 1 year old. Do my husband and I BOTH need to Fastpass each ride or can one of us do it?

What is the final verdict regarding how many in the party need the fast pass? We will be a party of three - mom, dad and 1 year old. Do my husband and I BOTH need to Fastpass each ride or can one of us do it?
We did not both need to have FP to use rider swap—we got rider swaps on several rides including 7DMT without having a FP for both parents so that the other parent could FP something else to ride with the little one. We both got FPs as a precaution for flight of package—it ended up not being needed in our case (though others here reported otherwise) but it gave me comfort that we wouldn’t miss out on it.

Slinky dog was the only rider swap where we would have needed both adults to have the FP. I had to cancel a FP for the other rides for the person that rider swapped when I was booking our 4+ FPs because MDE didn’t have them marked as being used. We always booked our whole party with the same FP though, and didn’t worry about someone taking the other kids to another ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter